Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright and early...

+2
JacobPk
dennis
6 posters

Go down

Bright and early... Empty Bright and early...

Post  dennis Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:47 am

Proverbs 8

v.10 "Choose my [Solomon] instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her."
I really like this verse because it explicitly tells us, as believers, to choose wisdom and knowledge rather than money. Wisdom vs. gold is like the difference between reward from God and reward from the world. As we've been discussing how to worship always and where to draw the line, I think we can all see that there is a choice we have to make daily between living wholly for God and living in accordance with the world. This choice is unbelievably hard to make because of the world in which we live. However, with guidance from God through the Bible and through other believers, hopefully, it'll become a little easier for us to make that choice.

v.30 "I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind."
"Worrying" has been on my mind for a few weeks because of university applications, etc. Discipleship classes have helped me to constantly remind myself that it's a waste of time to worry because it really doesn't add a single moment to our lives. This verse opened my eyes to the attitude I should have, which is to delight in all the blessings given to me. It's definitely hard to always look at the bright side of things, but, if we truly believe that everything happens according to God's will, we can only rejoice and expect great things from Him.

-D
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Bright and early... Empty Re: Bright and early...

Post  JacobPk Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:57 pm

I wanted to do a verse on "devotion" so i looked through a couple and i noticed something. aha ready for this?
I noticed that every other verse had the word "wholehearted" infront of it.
I realized that devotion means to FULLY devote yourself, not 80% 70% but 100%. To devote, is to follow Christ and i want to tie that in with our daily "QT." It's called devotions for a reason, not a "every other day read the Bible." or "It's a break thing." A Devotion is a commitement. Although it is a commitment, you have to understand that that we GET to serve Jesus and not have to. THe moment it becomes a hassle for us, devotions become useless.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:28 pm

i just want to comment on Denise's devotion. Denise brings out a good point when we worry alot with many things. If we worry it will bring down our relationship with God. Because you are focusing more on that situation instead of God. We shouldnt worry about anything because on Psalm 121 it talks about God being with us. The father has been with us, and he will continue being with us always.

Jacob also brings out a good point about "Devotion". When he says that we fully devote 100% and not 99%.
Doing your devotion is the best way having a relation with God. There are so many answers that you will need. Doing devotion will bring our relationship with God. And im glad that we are doing our devotions together everyday, and i know God is really happy about this.

GJ guys...
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:55 pm

I like your point Jacob.
Devotion = Commitment = 100%
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 pm

To Jacobs point, I agree with you when you say devotions is something we get to do, but it is also a commitment, isnt that sort of a contradiction? While we get to do devotions, we do not always feel like we want to do devotions. If I bombed a huge test, I forgot my lunch then when I came home my mom yelled at me, devotions is the last thing I would want to do. But if its a hassle arent devotions useless, like Jacob said? Does that mean we should only do devotions when we want to? What if we never REALLY want to do them? Not that I feel this way but just throwing it out there. I guess I am not being that clear but I hope some of you understand what I mean.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:04 am

if you didn't WANT to do devos. You haven't fully devoted your life for Christ, thus showing that you are having a one-sided a relationship with him.
If Devos and prayer is the only way of communicating to God and you don't want to do them, then you haven't commited your life to Christ.
The moment you say "devos is the last thing i want to do" its like saying "God is the last person i want ot talk to." Make sense?
And i don't think it contradicts because you don't HAVE to commit. The moment you WANT to commit everything else follows
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:06 am

noice replys. yacob you point out some real good stuff in your devo/ post
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:40 am

but theyre are alwayas days when you dont want to, theyre will always be days when you dont want to talk to your friends or your parents and GOD probably. But during those days what are you supposed to do? Like you dont want to but you should do it, doesnt that make devotions a hassle? You get what I mean, the times you dont want to do your devotions, but you choose to anyways, does that make those devotions useless? I think there is a difference between hassle and just doing them. If its a hassle but you get stuff out of it, its good, like when your mom nags at you to clean your room, its a hassle but you clean your room, which means it was effective. But if you just do it, like you shove all your clothes under your bed, stuff all your stuff in the closet, in reality your just doing it, and your getting nothing out of it. Correct me if im wrong, but thats the way I see it.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:46 am

you're probably right, i'm not very good with words ahaha
but we're humans, thats the only reason. distractions.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down