Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too much snow. Still KM and EM wo woooowowow!!

5 posters

Go down

Too much snow. Still KM and EM wo woooowowow!! Empty Too much snow. Still KM and EM wo woooowowow!!

Post  JacobPk Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:11 am

The last chapter. We REALLY have been slacking i our devos. Lets get to it people. Since we are on break, we should have NO problem doing them/posting them up.

These days i have been skimming through these chapters, which is bad i know, but i just can't seem to keep my focus. Sorrry, didn't get much again, but the final statement Paul made caught my eye. The verses 26-27 are pretty much inspiring and they encourage me to just go out and preach to those who dont listen, look, open their hearts.
Go Go go Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Too much snow. Still KM and EM wo woooowowow!! Empty Re: Too much snow. Still KM and EM wo woooowowow!!

Post  Cathy Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:10 am

27For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.

I loved this epic ending to this chapter
And I just have to say that even amongst Christians, it can be so true. I agree with Jacob, I too have been skimming through these chapters.. Once you fall behind and you try to catch up its hard to keep focus on the chapter when you're reading 6 a day (so i should never fall behidn again)
haha and i think it restrains us from really opening up our hearts to receive God's word.
over the break, I'm really going to let myself have time with God. not only to read scripture and post it here, but also time in just prayer or time to just listen. Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Too much snow. Still KM and EM wo woooowowow!! Empty Re: Too much snow. Still KM and EM wo woooowowow!!

Post  dennis Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:15 am

Hello people,
I heard the practice went pretty swell last night. I'm so sad I can't be at the retreat and the christmas eve service. ughh
Anyway, congrats everyone on finishing first term/semester SmileSmile
I helped my mom shovel the snow last night, and I think I might've broken my back, it hurts a lot.

Acts 28

v.27 For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes.

I really like this verse- the imagery is great, no? hehe. I think Paul, throughout this whole book, wanted everyone that heard him speak to believe in God. Of course, that was not the case because there were always the side that accepted Christ, and the other side that refused to accept. Here, he realizes that no matter how he tries, not everyone will believe. As in the verse above, some people just choose to question everyone and not let God in.

The thing that I don't really understand is that a lot of the people who refused to believe in Paul's message were witnesses to God's miracles. Some saw people's illness disappear, and others witnessed Paul taking out the evil spirit from some people. If they saw proof, isn't it really easy to accept God?

Maybe that is why God gave this verse to Paul- that almost nothing can make them believe because they have chosen not to be converted by anyone. Perhaps God is the only one who can ultimately make their ears hear, their eyes see, and their hearts soften up to the word of God.

-Denise
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Acts 28

Oh, I see a trend. Hahaha, well given that it was a pretty great verse, I'm not surprised.

26" 'Go to this people and say,
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."
27For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'

I think while this was targeted towards the Jews that would not believe, it also was reflective of the hearts of believers, sometimes, too. Those times when we think we can take on life on our own and subconsciously begin to shut God out, not hearing what is obvious from Him? Anyways, it challenges me to constantly be aware of listening for His voice, constantly trying to seek and understand Him, and in light of the retreat, I hopefully anticipate some of that happening there.
What I really like about this set of verses is how it makes it something so..."obvious"? The way he words it, of course ears are for hearing with, of course eyes are for seeing with, and to suddenly be told to recognize that that isn't what we're always doing, you're left to sit back and be like, "Whoa, that's a little dumb of me." Hahaha. At least, that's the feeling I got Smile

Sorry I couldn't make it last night, but my parents switched on their "safety and sickness" mode...But I'm glad to hear it went well! Smile

SEE Y'ALL TOMORROW

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:49 am

last chapter for me as well..
my bible is missing pages? blasphemy!
nice ending to the story
paul keeps going on with his preachings
there are always believers and non-believers among the people he preaches to
it is a never ending quest in the name of God
=]
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum