Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One more week

+3
dennis
Isaac
JacobPk
7 posters

Go down

One more week Empty One more week

Post  JacobPk Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:12 pm

One more week to go and its winter break. We should all get together and build a snowman. siiick.
But for now, i might pull an all nighter or close to it, got to write an essay and prpare for a math test!

ahaha Whitewashed wall? i wonder what that means, we should all remain fobs Smile
So this chapter talks about the plot to kill Paul and how the men decided not to eat until Paul was dead. It's unbelievable how stupid these Pharisees were to make themselves look good and owuld do anything to achieve that. Again, this chapter is pretty hard to break down and i didn't get much from it. SO i hope you guys have a good week.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

One more week Empty Re: One more week

Post  Isaac Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:08 am

hello....

i dont understand why him being a roman makes that much of a difference... but i guess there is a cultural reason or something.
"Then Paul, knowing that some of them were Sadducees and the others Pharisees..." hes pretty smart. Makes the crowd go against each other.
like jacob, i didnt get much, but this seems to be leading up to a big climax.

Have a good week

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:56 pm

Reading this chapter was like watching a war movie.. kinda. Smile
I liked how the commander had Paul's back and wanted to protect this one man from being killed by the Jews.

v.1 "My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day."
For Paul to be so certain about his faithfulness to God was shocking for me. In front of so many people, he claimed that he didn't live a day without fulfilling his duty to God.

If we were in Paul's position, I'm not sure that I would be able to say that I was faithful to God to this day. I guess Paul is a prime example of someone who put all of his faith in God, and never questioned or doubted Him.

Only 3 more days of school left. chyeahhhh
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:06 am

I learned this Chapter the power of BS
I'm not saying anyone BSed, but if Paul had BSed in line 7, and as a result he won the Pharisees over to his side (they said, "maybe paul spoke to angels or smth") it shows the power of it.
I mean, they don't know whether angels spoke to Paul or not, but because of what he said they were won over to his side.
I think BS is the most dangerous thing in the world, because as opposed to lying, there is no truth or lies behind BS.
BS is made up of facts, just distorted in a way that sounds "right". So when someone is BSing, there is no way to really know for sure if you do'nt have in depth knowledge about the topic to find the "truth".
Now, when someone is lying, the person is atleast aware of the "truth" but is masking it for... maybe a benefit?
"Truth" exists among liers, but among BSers, "truth" is non-existent
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:34 am

Acts 23

3Then Paul said to him, "God will strike you, you whitewashed wall! You sit there to judge me according to the law, yet you yourself violate the law by commanding that I be struck!"

This reminds me of that verse in the bible that talks about looking for the plank in your own eye before looking at that which is in your neighbour's eye. I like it because it reaffirms the idea of allowing your actions to speak before your words. When you publicly declare something or accuse someone based on a belief, you are then held accountable to following through with it in your own actions, and I like how Paul called them out for this error.

I also like that there's a sense of justice in the way that the officials tried to take Paul into safekeeping, at the sound of conspiring.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

One more week Empty Wow

Post  Allan Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:54 am

Paul slap them or something. Why I am getting so ticked lol. Throughout Acts I learned so much about Paul and it sucks seeing him like this. Man Paul takes so much crap and he is still happy and joyful. Lol Paul is like toying with them in court. Dividing the court room. Lol I didn't really get much, but The killing paul thing not cool. You swear an oath to starve yourself until you kill something, man would you really throw away your dignity, and pride like that for something so stupid and , dang. Lol this chapter just made me rant on in defense towards Paul
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:42 pm

haha "God will strike you, you whitewashed wall! "
i saw this and i laughed cause i was like. HEY BUT IM WHITEWASHEDDD. lol
no, but i totally get it, hannah talked abotu this verse too.. and Paul is talking abou how they simply put a white layer overthemselves, to conceal the corruption and evil within them. And as you all know, white is the symbol of purity.. so these people are pretending to be pure and holy on the exterior, but as we all know, holiness happens from the 'inside out'.. oh my heart cries out, everlasting...
haha you get the point
Paul goes on to say that these people are judging him by the law, whiel they themselves are breaking the law by accusing him. Oh burn hypocrisy!
This really opens my eyes to see that so many of us pretnd to be Christian and holy and all good when inside they are much more corrut and sinful then they really are.. But fake faith isnt what God wants - so let's try to open up more about our struggles and our sins , because I think that it's one of the first steps to a genuine faith.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down