Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denise's Devos for Acts 5!

+4
Isaac
JacobPk
Steven.Hong
Roh
8 posters

Go down

Denise's Devos for Acts 5! Empty Denise's Devos for Acts 5!

Post  Roh Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:40 pm

Her forum wasn't working again:

ACTS 5

v.38 "Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

I think that Ananias and his wife were examples of those whose purpose was of human origin. They wanted to keep some of the money for themselves and lied in order to make this possible. In the end, they did not succeed, and were humiliated in front of so many people (and died). When we go about our days, we should ask ourselves if we are glorifying God in every way- do we split our hearts so that, with one half, we can worship God, and with the other half, we can fulfill our own desires? I think many of us have tried to put God and something else on the throne of our hearts, but the Bible tells us that this is not possible. God doesn't want to share us...

I really like this verse because it shows that believing in God makes us unstoppable. When we decide to live for Him and spread His word, no one can prevent us from spreading His love. The high priest and his associates tried to keep the apostles from teaching people about God, but the angel brought the apostles out of the jail unnoticed by the guards. From their story, it's true that we may be persecuted or rejected by people around us when we evangelize. But, with time, God always finds a way to save us and help us continue to spread His word.

-D
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Denise's Devos for Acts 5! Empty Re: Denise's Devos for Acts 5!

Post  Steven.Hong Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:03 am

hello
acts 5
so Peters is talking to Ananias and says that why he lied to God. Ananias so bad
because Satan pull a trick on him to lie to God. Ananias fell down and died pretty
sad how he died. I learned that Satan can pull really sneaky tricks on you so pray
that you will be free from Satan

8===D
undercover GT

-Steven Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:47 am

ahaha
Semi tomorrow. Steven you're being watched too... Wink

Acts 5.
I love this chapter, it like bursts my little bubble and encrouages me to go out and talk about God to those who are lost. When it mentions how many people were saved, it motivates me to go out and be ONE of those people who can bring Jesus into someone elses life. I really want to see someone before my eyes accpt Jesus Christ. Not for my benefit, but for Gods and partially mine too, so that i can worship God with my friends. Rick and Courage is somethign i've been gaining all of a sudden, and this book inspires me to USE it.

It's a pretty short devo. i'm dead tired fomr dance aha.CIao!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:59 am

hello, my feet hurt, but it was a good work out eh mike?

Although there is sooo much to learn from this chapter, i d like to point out something that occurred to me and inspired me. 15"As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter's shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by." If people were lying on the streets for me, my head would explode with cockiness. But from what im reading, Peter stayed humble and continued to stand strong in Jesus, even when he was sent to jail. Thats something we should look up to. Like as a "face" of the church (like Sam said) we might get some attention like, "Good praise guys!" or "ROHAN YOU WERE SOOO AMAZING!! I WANT TO MARRY YOU!!!" after praise but we should stay humble and always know who were actually playing for.

have a good week guys. Man its almost over....

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:26 am

Crazzyy yooo
haha is it just me or is Ananais' wife completly innocent? Cause Ananais didnt tell her that he kept some of the money, right? So when she answered she thought she was telling the truth
but she was killed anyways
mann
the women alwyas get shafted in these stories

anyhoo
I thought it was pretty cool that the angel came and freed them from jail. It really instills in us a sense of trust in God - that his power is so much mightier than that of man's: that wahtever restrictions that people try to set on our freedom, God can give us TRUE freedom.. (in this case, literal freedom too ) And this trust is what kept them going. Even after they were put in jail, they kept on teaching in the name of Jesus.. And when they were told not to, they responded:
V29 "Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men!"

I like that. we must obey God rather than men. Let's try to have more trust in God so taht we are really able to do waht he calls us to do - obeying God in our lives is just so crucial.

tmrw's the last day then PA DAY WOOT WOOT Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:53 pm

ACTS 5

v.4 Peter says: "You have not lied to men but to God."
I find that oftentimes, we can fool ourselves into thinking that so long as we can conceal whatever sins we hold from those we hold, we are free of their burden. However, we have to remember that God is omnipresent and omniscient. He sees all, He knows all. And so it is not enough to be lead a pure life in front of men, but one before God, as well..Every sin we commit and justify in our heads is not a bad act against the people of this world, so much as it a slap in God's face, in a sense..

38 "Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."
I like this Gamaliel man. I think this was so wise and so true. And what a shame it was that they could not have taken this approach earlier on in history. Anyways, I really liked this line, because if I were a non-believing Pharisee hearing this suggestion, I think I'd have nothing to say challenging its truth.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:22 am

I learned from this Chapter that other people who ask you questions along the lines of: "Did you do this bad thing?" is God's way of saying, I know you did it, so just say it.
Saying the truth as opposed to not saying the truth is what separates the real men from the sk8er boys
But uhh... ya
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Denise's Devos for Acts 5! Empty Devotion chapter 5 Touche roh

Post  Allan Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:39 pm

파어너장잔 너자츼

Did i make atleast a single word

Officaially 4:35 pm and my leg is asleep

Dang lying big no no. God already knows if you are lying, you know what he knows that you are going to lie before you even know you are about to lie. But we still go throught wih it. I was thinking about something and it is weird. You know that no body teaches you how to lie, but somehow we automatically know how to lie. The classic cookie jar situation for example. It'sa scary thing to test God
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down