Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share the Good News - Monday

+4
jaake kwon
Jess Kim
michellee.
Pa Ta Rick
8 posters

Go down

Share the Good News - Monday Empty Share the Good News - Monday

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 am

Every time you share the good news, God says that's another blessing coming your way. Every time you invite someone to church, that's another blessing coming your way. Every time you pass on a word of encouragement and share the love of God, that's another blessing coming your way.

"The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor." (1 Corinthians 3:8 NIV)

What does that mean? When God wants to do something, we all have a different role to play. Not everyone is a pastor. Not everyone is a singer. Not everyone is a Sunday school teacher. Not everyone can do all the different things that need to be done in a church. We all have different roles to play in the body of Christ.

I want you to look for a way you can play your part to share the good news to others this week. Be creative! The point is to reach out in love to people who don't know the Lord.

For you it might be as simple as inviting a friend to church. Whatever it is, I promise you, God will bless you for it!
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Share the Good News - Monday Empty Re: Share the Good News - Monday

Post  michellee. Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:31 pm

We were all meant to serve the Kingdom through our own unique ways. If we were all meant to do the same thing then we wouldn't have been created individually special. I think that if we use the talents and gifts God has given us to glorify His Kingdom, then it doesn't matter if how we serve Him. Furthermore, I think that's why we're all blessed in different aspects of our lives. We're able to take these characteristics that we have, and are able to utilize them to be able to reach out to people with these characteristics that we own.
Also, when we share the good news about the Gospel, we're giving knowledge about it to those who don't know it, or may have developed certain misconceptions about it. If those people are able to come to church and are able to see what God and His Word are truly about, then this could put them on the journey for these people to to have their own ultimate relationship with God. Additionally, it's important to tell people about the Good News, but we have to keep in mind to not force it upon people. Ultimately, they may feel that it's being dictated upon them, leading them to feel a little repelled by the approach, and cause them to completely disregard the overall message.
People deserve to know the Good News that we know. They deserve to develop an everlasting, meaningful relationship with God, and they deserve to experience their own personal journey with Him. We are able to help to create and contribute to something as amazing as this, and it can be simple as reaching out to someone.

12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,
13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
Romans 10:12-15
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:21 pm

What this devotional reminded me of was something someone who i look up to said. But i will get to that lataerr

What i got out of this devotional is that theres is not one specific way to serve God. Theres countless ways we can serve him. Praise is only one of them. Just because were on praise team doesnt mean that we worship more or anything like that. We are all gifted with different talents and we all have our own ways to praising God. Just because you see someone praising God a certain way, doesnt mean you have to follow that person. Everyone has their own and unique way to praise and worship God.

What i wanted to mention was that, someone said once that whatever you are doing for God, give it your all. So that means if your on praise team, it is a obvious that you give it your all and nothing less. Sometimes it may get difficult and sometimes it may just become a routine for you, which you should pray about that and fix it because it should never be a routine. anyways getting back to the topic, if your on leadership, give it you all to welcome others and plan for retreats, if your cleaning, give it your all because we are doing it for God. Just whatever you are doing for God, GIVE IT YOUR ALL. If your assigned to set up chairs in the room, you better get your measuring tape out and make sure all the chairs are perfect. That is the amount of effort i want all of you guys including myself to put into whenever were serving God and whatever we may be doing to serve God.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Jess Kim Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:03 pm

I feel guilty because I've been slacking off on my devos lately :-/ I feel like God has been convicting me to bless others more so this devo is pretty relevant to that. We bless others when we tell them about God or invite them to church. We also bless ourselves through blessing others because God says he will bless those who share his love with others. We each have a different love to play in sharing Gods love, and luckily for us (pt) our role is pretty clear cut. We share his love through leading worship with a passion and a heart for him. Our job is to do this with all our heart and pray that God can use us to glorify him and make room for the holy spirit to move other peoples hearts through worship.

Jess Kim
minion

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:15 am

I guess sometimes, we undervalue the greatness of the Bible. A lot of the times, one thing to be mentioned is the bible being a taboo within this whole neutral stance society motif going on around us. It becomes scary to actually preach the gospel because fear creeps into minds that suggests that this is not a "considerate" course of action.

In some way, it makes us selfish. It shows that we value the feeling of companionship rather than the willingness to sacrifice the relationship for the possibility of saving a life. It's simply more "comfortable" to and it's generally easier to live that way. Sin is easy, while following Christ is often difficult. It's a hard task that deserves the great rewards given to us, such as spiritual satisfaction. Everytime we bring someone into God's kingdom, we're being given a glass of water by Christ.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jeremy k. Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:21 am

This really relates well to us as praise team members.  God put us in the team for a reason as we use the gifts He has given  to bring glory to His name.  In a way, serving others through leading praise is a reward in itself, at least for me I feel more excited and real for God when I am playing guitar and focusing on the lyrics of the songs.  But God rewards us with other blessings in addition to the blessing of the praise team.  As for the title of the devo, sharing the good news is also something that should be a priority in our life, not only by serving as PT members, but also telling others about God and leading them to Him.  I think of it this way: it is like having a bag of sandwiches that never runs out.  How selfish is it then to not give it to those in need, the people who are hungry?  In the same way we have news of Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit that should be shared with those hungry for something that is truly fulfilling.  I know I am guilty of holding back this news in fear of being rebuked or rejected, but this devo is encouraging and challenging me again.  Whoever denies God before men will be denied by Jesus in front of God the Father.

jeremy k.
minion

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:43 am

Once you have discovered your gift/blessing, you can apply it to many things.
Also, this happens to me a lot: hesitance
There are so many opportunities everyday to sere him if you look carefully.
But many times, we don't and go back into that shell of comfort.

Find your way of praise.
One big things that we we're all chosen to be a part of is the praise team. But remember to not abuse your gifts. The stage is not the centre of attention or your time to shine, it's a time of reflection and coming with open, empty hearts to God.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Eunwoo Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:58 am

Sharing the gospel is good, but I feel that this devo is saying that we are motivated by a reward that we will receive based on our own actions and merit.
We believe that our ultimate reward has already been given to us in our salvation through Jesus Christ, and because of this, we do things like sharing the gospel so that more people may know God's grace and love. We shouldn't be doing these things in the hopes that we will be rewarded or praised.

Also, I think telling people about God is necessary, but at the same time it shouldn't always be done so blatantly, simply because unless they believe already to a certain point, it's very likely that they will reject what we say. I think that the best way to convince someone of something is to show them firsthand, in this case by showing Christ in our own lives.

Despite being on the same praise team, in many ways we are all different. God puts His people in all places, so that they can reach out to those in all positions. We can be Christ-like in any position that we are placed in by God, and we should use our God-given characteristics and abilities to fulfill what He has planned for us.

Eunwoo
minion

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:03 am

Just like sharing a coupon to McDonalds, sharing the gospel should be the same, except you have unlimited coupons... muahahahah imagine all the big macs mhmhmmhmmhmmhmhmhm
Also, salvation should be seen as something that we get excited over. I remember Dan Kim talking about this; it should be natural to be telling EVERYONE about the awesome deal that one could get at McDonalds, Future Shop, etc.
But sometimes, our mentality gets caught in the gutter and leads us to the fact that we'll receive more from God when evangelizing.
We have to remember that we're saved from GRACE, we don't have to do anything to EARN something from God - we're already given eternal life, what more could we need?...
Like Pastor Sam mentioned on friday, deeds/works follows up directly after salvation. Just like the whole idea of being loved, we can't love others unless we've been loved ourselves. Making it so that blessing others is never an option when we've never truly experienced it ourselves.
Knowledge IS truly power. It's a given that we have to know our God inside and out if we're planning to share the word with others.

uhm I really don't think the devo was worded in the best way, made me feel as if the sole purpose to bless others was to receive blessings from God... iunno
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down