Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Can I Know My Destiny? - Oct 17

+2
Audrey Jong
Pa Ta Rick
6 posters

Go down

How Can I Know My Destiny? - Oct 17 Empty How Can I Know My Destiny? - Oct 17

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:50 am

Do you know what God created you for? Do you know what your destiny is?

The first thing you must do understand your destiny is to recognize the gifts God has given you to use. They include the things you can't control - your parents, your nationality, your race, your language. They also include your SHAPE - your spiritual gifts, heart, abilities, personality and experiences. These are the things that make you uniquely you.

Now you are not responsible for the gifts God didn't give you. In other words, if you are not artistically gifted, you are not expected to paint pictures like Rembrandt. But you are responsible for the ones he did give you.

When you get to heaven, God isn't going to compare you with anyone else, but he will compare you with yourself. What did you do with what you were given? What could you have done if you had trusted God a little bit more? Romans 14:12 (NIV) says, "Each of us will have to give personal account to God."

God has given you gifts for a purpose. And you have a responsibility to be a good steward of those gifts - not for selfish uses, but for the good of others. Your gifts are not for your benefit. God gave you gifts for the benefit of other people. Ask yourself, "What has God given me for good to use for good?"
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

How Can I Know My Destiny? - Oct 17 Empty Re: How Can I Know My Destiny? - Oct 17

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:04 am

Each of our walks with God are individual, unique and special.
There is a purpose in all of us. It's amazing how God gives us gifts and talents that at not the same. What is important now is how we make use of it.
How do you plan to spend your life?
The beautiful things God has gifted you with a an be used for both bad and good on this earth. We usually don't appreciate or recognize our blessings and end up using these for our own selfish purposes, so give your attention to him and focus on what God wants you to accomplish.
There's so much you can do with your God given talent.
Also, don't worry about how it will be done, focus on what will be done.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

How Can I Know My Destiny? - Oct 17 Empty Re: How Can I Know My Destiny? - Oct 17

Post  John Kim Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:25 am

Using the talents and gifts that God has given you, glorify Him and start heading to your true destiny. Your true purpose in life, to worship God and love Him with everything. He gave all of us different skills and gifts for a reason, and that reason is not to be selfish and please yourself, but to please others and God. Never abuse your gifts that God has blessed you with, because it is so easy to do so. Always remember to be humble whatever you do, especially when glorifying God.

John Kim
minion

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:16 am

Every individual has a different advantage and a different disadvantage. We form communities and group because we all lack something and the community makes up for that. For example, we're all on praise team and we are all musically talented. However even though we are musically talented, we cannot play all the instruments. Even if we could, we couldn't play them all by yourself. We are a team and we rely on one another.

This shouldnt just be the case for praise team. In your everyday lives and in your walk of faith, it is not a bad thing to ask for help when your struggling or confused. But this also means that if someone comes to you asking for help, we shouldn't just brush them off because we dont feel like it or were feeling lazy.
gnite

Lets do our devos guys
And a reminder there is NO FRIDAY NIGHT THIS FRIDAY
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Eunwoo Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:35 am

I think that the short answer to the question this devo asks is: you can't. But you can take a guess.

Life will have many unexpected people and places and so it's not accurate to say that you know what your destiny is. However, most of the pieces of the puzzle are already there, and based on all of the pieces, you can get a general idea of where your life may be headed.

But at the same time, the ingredients for many different pastries are pretty much the same, while the outcomes can be very different from each other. Simply knowing the ingredients doesn't mean you know the product, but it's not likely that the ingredients for a cake can produce a watermelon.

Everyone is unique in their own ways, meaning that God has a unique destiny for each person. God knows our abilities and traits, so whatever our destinies are, we can rest assured that He has tailor-made all of them to suit us perfectly.

Eunwoo
minion

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  michellee. Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:12 pm

I think we have to learn to appreciate what we've been given by God. From time to time, we often get insecure, and feel the need to compare ourselves to others. Some people drag themselves down and destroy their confidence and self-esteem in the process. I think that if we stop obsessing over what we don't have and start focusing on the blessings that we do have, we'll be so much more better at appreciating what God has given us. We're all given certain gifts that make us uniquely us. God has made each and everyone of us special in our own way. He gave us these particular gifts for a certain reason, and didn't give us particular gifts for a certain reason. He made us this way, there's a reason why God gave us certain attributes that are out of our control. God knows what's best for us, so if He knew for certain that we'd be better off with a specific gift/blessing/ability/etc., God would've gave it to us. God knows we would be able to carry on and grow regardless.
God created us each for a special purpose. We have to trust in Him with our lives, this purpose, and His Will for us all to be able to see what God has planned for us since the very beginning.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:8-10

michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  julie.ro Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:13 pm

How can I know my destiny?
I have always assumed that God created me and everyone of us for a specific purpose, in His plan.
However, I am not told outright what I am to do with my life, the minute I'm born, and the big challenge in life is figuring out where our destinies lie.
That, in itself, isn't as easy as said...

So, that's why God gave us our talents, gifts and passions for certain things.
That allows most aspects of our lives to fall into place already, but it's just God who needs to help us work things out.
julie.ro
julie.ro
minion

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down