Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perspective Protects Us - September 20, 2013

3 posters

Go down

Perspective Protects Us - September 20, 2013 Empty Perspective Protects Us - September 20, 2013

Post  James Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:51 am

Colossians 3:1-2
1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Ephesians 4:14
14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.

Perspective protects us from error. If there was ever a time that Christians need to be grounded in the truth, it is today. We live in a society that rejects absolute truth and accepts every opinion as equally valid.

Pluralism has created a very confused culture. The problem is not that our culture believes nothing but that it believes everything.

God intends for us to have his wisdom and perspective. The result of this will be believers who are ROCK solid: "Then we will no longer be like children, forever changing our minds about what we believe because someone has told us something different or has cleverly lied to us and made the lie sound like the truth." (Ephesians 4:14 LB)
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Perspective Protects Us - September 20, 2013 Empty Re: Perspective Protects Us - September 20, 2013

Post  Jess Kim Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 pm

I feel like anything I say to this is just going to be exactly the same as what I said in yesterday's devo. The message is still relevant- obviously. I just don't have anything new to say about it... In the last devo I said that perspective keeps us from doing stupid things- which is essentially protecting us from dumb mistakes. So... yeah. Same concept.

Jess Kim
minion

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Perspective Protects Us - September 20, 2013 Empty Re: Perspective Protects Us - September 20, 2013

Post  jaake kwon Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:07 am

I guess something to note from this devotional is to stop looking down and start looking up.

Personally, I remember my dad telling me countless times: "I don't care how much better you're doing than other people. You should only be looking upwards and seeing how many people are better than you." That being said, sort of applies to this idea of "seek only heavenly goods and avoid seeking happiness within earthly materials."

We shouldn't be focusing on the blessings to receive in life, but rather the blessings to receive for doing well in life. The devo went over how having this idea serves to stray one away from indulging and hoarding Earthly goods, ultimately soiling his or her soul. The common idea is to change what you're looking at, then walk towards where you're looking. Big idea; important idea, and one we should really follow.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down