Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Michael going to be first for once?

+2
Isaac
Michael Ha
6 posters

Go down

Is Michael going to be first for once? Empty Is Michael going to be first for once?

Post  Michael Ha Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:31 pm

Hey guys

This Chapter reminded me of something that I heard from some guy and it was this
"Ask a group of people that if they found 1000 bucks on the ground, whether they would keep it or not. They will definitely say no, and some will say yes just to bring up good humour. Now, ask a person individually that if they found 1000 bucks on the ground, whether s/he would take it or not. The person will definitely say YES."
I thought this was kinda relevant when I was reading this Chapter, but obviously not the prime aspect of it. Anyways... what I actually learned from this Chapter is that: what is money in between friends? Money could break good friendships, money can build superficial friendships, money can strengthen existing friendships, and money can help save poor people in Africa. So... when you know you rightfully deserve money from a friend, you should always accept the money! There won't be any bad feelings caused as a result of this, and if you refuse the money, later on, this might turn into bitterness and come to bite the butts off your friendship at the end of the day. So, if you know you deserve the money, take it. It will also make the person offering the money feel better too, they would feel the exchange was fair, and you both got good things out of it, and it'll be a win-win happy-happy super mega good situation.
Yep... that's all
see you tmr guyzz omg so excited la~

p.s. Yes, he is.
oh and happy b-day denise =]
i have short-term memory loss
Roh, tnx so much for the dinner yesterday man. Next one is on me!

Last edited by Michael Ha on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Is Michael going to be first for once? Empty Re: Is Michael going to be first for once?

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:17 pm

man my devo just got deleted but i was lucky and i just started it.
P.s Roh that dak-galbi was amazing... i wanted to go again after work today..... we should go again but ill pay next time Wink

What i learned to day was kinda hidden "6Sir, listen to us. You are a mighty prince among us" and "7 Then Abraham rose and bowed down before the people of the land, the Hittites. "
They clearly respect Abraham but in return Abraham bows down to them. Thats very humble of him, and its something we should all take note of.
Mike you made some good points about money and how paying back can make it a clean, no regret, trade off but at the same time we, (not matter how poor you tihnk you might be we are all rich in contrast to others) should not be fickle with our money. Its hard to share sometime that makes the world go around but to us it should just be paper and nickle coins. Like in Matthew 6:24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

anywhoooo HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENISE!! did you get my birthday text today? you better cause i almost got detention texting you during my english test today... (i was taking a micro break (ahaha mike microbreak) and i decided to wish you a hbd)

Ciao all tomorrow!!! im pretty pumped....
E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Is Michael going to be first for once? Empty Re: Is Michael going to be first for once?

Post  dennis Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:51 pm

Haha, yes I did get your text today. I was leaving school, and I got your text when I finally turned my phone on. Sorry for not replying; I don't know why I don't reply texts these days...

I just had dinner with my parents... Basically, I just ruined the workouts I've done in the past. I ate as if I hadn't eaten for years. My parents knew I was trying to get fit, but they said I could eat as much as I wanted because it was my birthday. Ultimately, I had some troubles walking to the car from the restaurant.

Genesis 23

From this chapter, I learned that it's important to serve others. Ephron the Hittite didn't want Abraham to pay him for a burial site, and insisted that Abraham choose for himself the best of the tombs. I hope that I could be as selfless as Ephron. To him, he didn't consider money to be significant with Abraham. He was just happy to offer Abraham the best burial place. Not only did Ephron allow Abraham to freely bury Sarah, but he told Abraham to have the choicest of the tombs.

When we serve others, let's do it with willingness and love. Out of compassion, Ephron was able to lend a helping hand to Abraham. When there are people in our ministry who need our help, I hope that we can give them the best that we can give- love.

I am so so excited to see you tomorrowww.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:21 pm

ohmygosh im on time today!
YAYYYY
haha i napped for 2.5hours today and it felt SO GOODDDDD

I agree with Mike on this. As Christians we're supposed to be detached from money and selfless and generous and stuff, but this shoudlnt mean that we dont handle our money properly. Exchanges between money shoudl be done in a fair waya nd jsut becasue we're CHristian doesnt mean that we should always get shafted in deals becuase we are 'humble'. This is what this passage demonstrates. As generous as the guy was to Abraham and in offering him the land for free, Abraham insisted that he paid and that the deal be made fairly. So thus, its not our duty as Christians to be broke becuase we just give our money away freely Razz
I knw amongst friends money can be like a sketchy issue... Its like 'do i ask for that money back' or 'i feel bad asking' and such.. Man, my friends owe me some money.
But Abraham handled his money matters confidently. God wants us to be just with what we do, and confident when we try to execute this fairness and righteousness amongst ourselves
man i want ramyun
see you all tmrw, folks!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENISEEEEE
and ps, im not trying to insult you, if i was id do a much better job Razz haha jks
its just that. jesus is a pretty cool guy, who can compete? Razz
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:24 am

Sore
so Sore. but feels good when you massage the spots that are sore.

OH, SO Mike pretty much said it all, and i have nothing to add. I always have that feeling like i want it, but i don't have money, but i dont' want to ask. BUT there are times where i do ask, which isn't that great all the time. But i know humility ties in with this, if you give without expecting anything in return, God will provide more when you need it.

I hope you guys are having a good week
See you tomorrow!
Happy Birthday Unni, wonder if you got my text message at 12:00. Smooth Smooth Doosan Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:51 am

Genesis 23

I just thought Ephron's actions in today's chapter were pretty awesome.
Technically, he owes nothing to Abraham and so it's kind of him to offer the selling of his property. Not only does he do that but he offers that and more to Abraham as a gift.
11 "No, my lord," he said. "Listen to me; I give you the field, and I give you the cave that is in it. I give it to you in the presence of my people. Bury your dead."
Ephron goes above and beyond all expectations and responsibilities to fulfill an action of kindness and my hope is that we might be like Ephron when serving those around us, as a response to God's kindness to us - that we might not only do what is 'expected' of us, but with the right heart, offer all that we're capable of offering.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum