Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 18

5 posters

Go down

July 18 Empty July 18

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Job 22:21
21 “Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you.

Mark 8:35
35 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it.

Romans 6:16-18
16 Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living.
17 Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you wholeheartedly obey this teaching we have given you.
18 Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.

Luke 1:38
38 Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And then the angel left her.

The Bible is very clear about how we benefit when we worship God through surrender. In surrender, you begin to really live the life God intended: "Only those who throw away their lives for my sake and for the sake of the Good News will ever know what it means to really live." (Mark 8:35 LB)

You are set free, liberated from self-preoccupation: "But offer yourselves to the ways of God and the freedom never quits. All your lives you've let sin tell you what to do. But thank God you've started listening to a new master, one whose commands set you free to live openly in his freedom!" (Romans 6:16-18 MSG)

God is able to use you in great ways.

Why did God choose Mary, of all women, to be the mother of Jesus? It was because she was totally surrendered to God. When the angel explained God's improbable plan, she humbly responded, "I am the Lord's servant! Let it happen as you have said." (Luke 1:38 CEV)

Nothing is more powerful than a surrendered life in the hands of God.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

July 18 Empty Re: July 18

Post  Kevin Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:14 am

Mark 8:35
35 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it.

It's kind of paradoxical to think of this verse. Attempt to hang on to our lives, we lose it. Give it away, and we'll save it.
To completely surrender I guess would mean that there is nothing else that one needs to fill up spaces in their heart, it's all God.
I'd think that trust is a great ordeal when thinking about surrendering which I think at our age might be a little harder to do.
Surrendering at any point of our lives is something that is really hard to do which is why trust is an important aspect to build upon in our relationship with God. To trust someone, we'd have to know them. The more we read scripture and reflect, I feel will make it easier for us to trust God which hopefully will then allow him to use us for greater things.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  michellee. Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:11 pm

God knows every single detail of our life, since the very beginning. He created each and every person special, unique, essential, exceptional, and all with a purpose in this life. When we surrender to God completely, the plan God has for us will begin to unfold, and one will see the purpose God gave us in our life. There is a reason God created us, although we might not know completely what it is and He intends for us to prosper through his plan. Furthermore, I think that's why when one surrenders their life to God, and start living for Him, one will be able to see positive changes in their lives. Additionally, I think this is where faith and trust in God plays a considerable role in surrendering our lives to Him. If we have faith and trust in God that He has a plan for us, we won't have to worry, but if that is absent, then it's more difficult for one to surrender completely and see God's plan flourish.
In conclusion, everyone is meant to be alive, no one is a coincidence, we all have a purpose that God gave us that is meant to bloom throughout our lives.

11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
-Hebrews 11:1
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:34 am

You can either be a slave to sin or to God. It's pretty obvious what we would choose. Our live are shaped and somewhat controlled by whatever we choose to follow. It's not easy to fully surrender your whole life to God. But up until th point where you surrender, life has been really nothing. Our life completely changes when we decide to follow God.
Like marry, she surrendered fully to God and accepted whatever plan God intended to give to her. Marry was given the task to become the mother of Jesus.

You don't know what he's has planned for you until you decide to surrender compleatly to him and live a life according to God.
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:00 am

I don't know, I guess the something that's rubbing off on me is that surrendering to God isn't the same as dropping all your belongings on nothing, but rather a reliable protector.

The problem with surrendering to God comes down to an image we have of God being this absent parent. Then that starts to reflect on how we see God, and changes the perspective towards an absent person to rely upon. We can't rely on something that's not there, but it's more problematic if it's there, but we can't believe that it's there.

So yeah; my 2 cents, believe in God.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down