Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God is Interested in the Work You Do - July 11, 2013

Go down

God is Interested in the Work You Do - July 11, 2013 Empty God is Interested in the Work You Do - July 11, 2013

Post  James Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:06 am

Ephesians 1:11-12
11 Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.
12 God’s purpose was that we Jews who were the first to trust in Christ would bring praise and glory to God.

Many Christians don't make the connection between Sunday and Monday. They compartmentalize their lives. They think, "Well, I've got a spiritual life, and I've got a secular life. My spiritual life is when I read the Bible, when I pray, when I go to church, I do good things for others. That's my spiritual life."

And that's over in one compartment. So then, they think, over in another compartment: "This is my secular life. That's my work, my job, my career, my business decisions, my finances, my pension plan; all these things are my secular life."

God says, "No, that's wrong. All of life is spiritual."

The word secular isn't in the Bible. Your whole life matters to God. He is as interested in your work as He is in your prayers.

The fact is, your relationship to Christ is like marriage -- it's a full-time commitment. What do you think would happen if I came up to my wife and said, "Honey, I'm going to only act married when I'm at home."

The fact is, all of life is important to God, and you can't separate your Christianity from your work -- just as you can't separate your Christianity from your life.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down