Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faith is Something You Do July 5, 2013

3 posters

Go down

Faith is Something You Do July 5, 2013 Empty Faith is Something You Do July 5, 2013

Post  James Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:58 am

James 2:18
18 Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”

Real faith is not just something you think. Some people think of faith as a philosophical search. It's something they want to discuss and debate and argue about.

James is saying faith is not something you debate. It's something you do. Real faith is something you do.

In America today, we have this gap between behavior and belief. And sometimes what we say we believe, we don't always back up with our lifestyle. Faith is not something you think; it's not something you feel; it's not something you say. Faith is more than that; faith will show up in the way you behave. When God comes into your life, he will change you as he stretches your faith.

Perhaps people say, "Oh, I have Christ in my life. I believe in Christ," and you say, "How are you different?" If they don't know any difference, you have every reason to doubt they have the real thing.

I don't believe somebody as big as Jesus Christ can come into your life and not change you. When he comes into your life, everything starts taking on new meaning and new purpose and new significance and new value.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Faith is Something You Do July 5, 2013 Empty Re: Faith is Something You Do July 5, 2013

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:28 am

The Holy Spirit is within us and if we let God take over, our lives will definitely be different from how others are. There is a significant difference between someone filled with the Holy Spirit and one who does not. If we say that we are true Christians, it should be demonstrated from how we behave.
We also need to remember, we have to set an example for others. Even more so for us, since we are the praise team. Our actions are watched and learnt from our peers; whether we know it or not.
Our behaviour reflects our faith and we need to show that to others.
Remember that people are looking up to you and God is watching you as well. Demonstrate what it is to be a faithful person.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Faith is Something You Do July 5, 2013 Empty Re: Faith is Something You Do July 5, 2013

Post  michellee. Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:48 pm

No one can distinguish themselves as Christians or followers of Christ if we don't express it through our lives. I think if one was full of faith, you would know because you can tell by their actions, their lifestyle, and their character. Through this you can tell that they really are full of the Holy Spirit, and that they truly love Christ.
It's so simple for anyone to say they believe in Christ, but how can you really justify that your convictions are true?
The way we choose to take on life could be a reflection of our faith in Jesus, it should be an expression of actions that show what our faith really means to us.
What's the point saying we love Jesus, when we don't accentuate and express it through our way of life?
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down