Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gen gen 20 20

5 posters

Go down

Gen gen 20 20 Empty Gen gen 20 20

Post  Isaac Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:06 pm

Hello ladies and gents.
I dont get this chapter. Whats this fascination of Sarah. Like the king really wanted her so she must have been pretty. Also there are some parts that dont have an ending or a reason. Like the whole "say you are my sister and i am your brother thing". I dont understand. but according to this they are step brothers and sisters. Which is messed up.....

But Abraham does say that there is no fear of God here. This is funny because Mike and I were discussing the power of God and how fear is an important factor during work today.

Have a good 2sday (aahahahaha mike its funny admit it)
E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Gen gen 20 20 Empty Re: Gen gen 20 20

Post  dennis Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:24 pm

Genesis 20

Ditto Isaac's devo. I wasn't really struck by anything. However, I did find this chapter to be a reminder of how God can bless us when we choose to obey Him. When Abimelech returns Sarah to Abraham along with sheep, cattle, slaves, and money, God heals Abimelech, his wife and his slave girls. When we follow God and correct our mistakes, God will bless us in every way.

Since my devos is a short, I'm going to share more about Pastor Mark's sermon. I was reminded of a certain point he made when I read verse 8: "...they were very much afraid." Pastor Mark told us that a lot of people believe that they need to be afraid of God by being afraid of what He can do to us if we don't obey Him. However, he believes that "being afraid" is something different from our point of view. He talked about how he never knew how to get his son to get in the children's car seat. Pastor Mark would yell and threaten, but his son would not get in the seat. So, on one Sunday, he told his son that he would have to stay home while he and his wife went to church. Immediately, his son ran to the car seat and fastened the buckles all by himself; he was afraid of being alone. Whenever we read that someone is afraid of God, it means that he/she is afraid of being separated from God. What would our lives look like without God? It's a frightful though for me. Aaaanyway, that was a bit longer that I wanted it to be, but ohh well.

See you's.

ps. I think my dad spoiled the present my parents are getting me, but I'm not too sure. I'm just going to pretend like I didn't hear anything from my dad- my mom would be furious!
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:40 pm

HOLLA back, girrlll.

Heads up that Mountain's asked me to gently inform the rest of the team that the Internet at his house is still being wishy-washy, so he'll have his posts up once his computer decides to put its foot down and decide whether it wants to work or not. Well, not exactly in those words, but something like it...Or not...Haha.

Genesis 20

Double-Ditto. This chapter didn't really strike any chords...Perhaps that there is nothing good to be made of lying? Because think of all the grievances that could have been avoided had Abraham simply told the truth..no closed wombs, no unexpected frights on Abimelech's end of things...You know, come to think of it, it's a little surprising that Abraham would have chosen to lie like he did because we've just read like 10 chapters in which he demonstrated the greatest faith ever in God. Okay, something's coming.
It seems as if when God poured His commands upon Abraham, Abraham was the poster-child of responding with reckless faith and he achieved mighty, miraculous things through this. But where Abraham failed was in seeking requests of God, bringing his apprehensions and weights to God. It says that Abraham was very worried stepping into this land and instructed his wife to accept her pseudo-name as his sister, so he took it upon himself to try to weld a solution together when he should have come to God first. Even someone as wise as Abraham made this mistake, so let's try to remember to not only be reckless believers who answers when He calls, but also ones that are unafraid to come to Him first in the midst of any problems.

So. Much. Music. To. Learn. Art school is suffocating me.

Have a good choosday, everyone!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 pm

maybe this was all in the plan? :O It does say Abraham didnt think the city had enough fear of God.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:54 am

Hey guys!
I learned from this chapter that until you have faced the consequences for doing a wrong, you will have the tendency to disregard the wrong doing or shrug it off... Then, when you do face the consequences, you will act extremely towards mending your wrong doing. However, the initial wrong doing must not even take place due to your love for God and fear of doing wrong to one who loves you so dearly.
I'm guilty of doing that... I lie a lot (like a lot; even when there's really no reason to) it's actually stuck with me my whole life, and I'm trying really hard to get rid of this habit... it's hard though, for some reason, I can't stop myself from lying, it's weird... I'm addicted to lying? I guess?
And every time I lie, I just kinda shrug it off saying, "Whatever, it's not like it's a big lie or a lie that can be found out by the other person or anything, and it won't be a lie if the other person doesn't find out it's a lie; it' just a lie for no apparent reason, it's like nothing." But I really shouldn't lie in the first place... Damn why do I do this? So weird... I'm like lie-maniac
And no, I'm not lying about this problem haha
Alright, good night guys~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Gen gen 20 20 Empty Replied.

Post  JacobPk Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:38 pm

I got my internet to shoot up again. Thanks Han-nah Noo-Nah, to inform everyone, so i am back on track.
SO this chapter is pretty much of what happened before in the previous chapter, when Abraham told the king that she was his sister. I didn't really get much fomr this short chapter, but found out that God is merciful. Abimelech is actually,,, not bad, aha he has no stain of guilt on him because he didn't know, which is not his fault. The Lord being his merciful self granted Abimelech a chance to obey and thats what he did. What are times in our life where we dont know that we did something bad, but the Lord tells us to reflect on our lives and realize that he has given us the prividelge to obey? Make sense?

Well thast what i got fomrt his chapter
Moving ON!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content