Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another day, another dollar...

+3
Michael Ha
Cathy
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Another day, another dollar... Empty Another day, another dollar...

Post  Isaac Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:04 pm

hey buds
I hope all had a good Saturday!

In this chapter we see that Sarah laughs at this miracle that was going to happen to her. (a point that there are three men that come, just like how three wise men come to see the miracle of Jesus and how Jesus was born to a virgin which is a miracle just how having a baby at 100 years of age is a miracle Surprised) But this shows the little faith that Sarah had. Even when God himself says so she doesnt believe because its physically impossible. Were on a topic about the big question of if God asks us to go will we go? Roh went over it on Friday and made a good point. If God asked me to help someone do math i would because its not a problem but if God asked me to move churches, or to leave the city to do something it would be different. Would I? I would hope so but i couldnt say. We need to have faith like a mustard seed. We as a team NEED to. Each of us. Roh, Hannah, Denise, Mike, Allan, Cathy, Jacob, Steven and myself... we all need to have this faith the size of a small seed.
Also my friend said something that stood out to me (its a different context but i looked back and saw it differently) he said "if i tell you to jump, you dont say why you say how high?" Which leads to another lesson i learned today about that story where Jesus says if a neighbor asks you to carry a mile, you go two miles and so on.
Anywho i gotta go eat dinner.
Cya guys!
E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Another day, another dollar... Empty Re: Another day, another dollar...

Post  Cathy Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:47 am

Good evening, alllz
kk haha before i start id just like to say
i bought a poncho from kensington market today. Smile
partly because i thought it woudl be good for a halloween costume, but more so cause i really wanted a poncho
hahaha
oh man
impulse buy, much? Smile

lol so i really l iked today's chapter, it was like two in one
the first part is where sarah is told that she's gonn have a baby and shes like PSHAWWWW IM OLD. She didnt believe in the power of God, becuase logic took over and she didnt think it was scientifically possible, so therefore, it cant be done. I think a lot of the times we put limits to God's ability when really, God is so much more than what 'makes sense' to us. Verse 14 syas, "Is anything too hard for the LORD ?" And i agree with isaac's faith like a mustard seed comment
we really do need to allow our faith to grow. It seems so much more logical to rely on what WE can do for ourselves, but really, in the grand scheme of thing it doesnt make sense at all to rely on our small little humanly selves to do things when nothing is too hard for the Lord
PS this totally reminded me of Sam's challenge for us to bring one of our friends to church.
If you guys remember Mimi, we were shopping today and ohmygosh i didnt even bring it up to her cause i totally forgot about my mission to bring her to church for a while but she actually brought it up and she says sheswants to come out again
i actually didnt do anything, GOD IS GOOD MY FRIENDS
and as for rachael, ive been really scared to talk to her about it cause lately shes kinda been really like. mocking the whole church thing But I guess this passage really pushes me to believe in the power of the Lord, that God will work to open up her heart.

And just to comment, I think that the little story at the end about God and Sodom is very nice and shows us a bit of God's character. God is very sparing and even though he hates sin, he is very loving towards the righteous Smile

see you all tmrw AND LETS ROCK

PONCHO.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:13 am

"Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do?" This is weird... God wondering if HE should be secretive of His intentions to mere "dust and ashes" that Abraham is... God definitely knew Abraham would try to save the city for the sake of the few righteous that would be living there, and I knew at this point that God had definitely chosen the right man to be a father of a nation. God was definitely ready to answer yes to all that Abraham requested in order to save the city of Sodom, for not only did He choose Abraham, but He also knew how Abraham would react even before He mentioned his intentions to him. I think this shows, at least to me, that before making a decision that is fairly important, one must always stoop down and consult another person about it. It is obvious that you can think for yourself, but two heads are always better than one, and what bad could come out of some simple questions?
That's what I learned, from now on, always consult somebody, even if I might see them as being "lesser" than I am, because I will never know for sure unless I do consult...
Still having problems communicating my ideas.. damn I suck at this gotta improve ! >_>
Good night guys
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Another day, another dollar... Empty 18 18 18

Post  JacobPk Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:24 am

Ahaa i hope you are all well lets rock it tomorrow Smile

Anyway the first segment of this passaga reminded me of that whole" Random act of kindness campaign" Abram immediately prepares food for total strangers and provides his own services to them. Abram probably knew that the Lord was among the 3 men but still, it encourages me to act up and be more humble and show more humility. Just like how Isaac mentioned we need to have faith like the seed and Go when God tells us to, we also need to encourage each other to do so, as a family. I noticed that if God tells us to do something, i usually tell my friends or family before going out, JUST to make sure. I think this could be w way where we can be certain about God calling us to do something.
Make sense?

Also, i wonder if the LORD was like" SHUT UP ABRAM! you should've asked me from the beginning, not a countdown!!!!!!!!!!! grr" aha but this shows that God is a merciful God and we can always rey on him as long as we ASK

Anyway i'll se eyou guys tomorrow.
Library after anyone?

Ciao!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:32 am

mike clearly God knew what was going on, But sometimes, like any parent it might be better to see how the "child" reacts or responds. Just like in the garden of Eden God knew where they were but he still "asked" where are they? maybe to see if Adam and Eve would show themselves.
Thats just my two cents though.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:40 pm

Isaac wrote:mike clearly God knew what was going on, But sometimes, like any parent it might be better to see how the "child" reacts or responds. Just like in the garden of Eden God knew where they were but he still "asked" where are they? maybe to see if Adam and Eve would show themselves.
Thats just my two cents though.
yep.. that's what I said, I said God asked Abraham knowing exactly how he would react and how He Himself will react. I just said I learned from this ,even though it's not completely related, that you should consult smbody even though you may think lesser of them, therefore, they will give you "bad" advice or be a waste of time.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Genesis 18

verse 14. "Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

God reminded Abraham of His almighty power because Sarah laughed in doubt when God promised a son for her. No deed is impossible for God. Often times, we underestimate the power or the knowledge of God, and we take matters into our own hands. However, when we ask God for help, He will lend us a helping hand when the time is right; we just need to wait and put our trust in Him.

So, I hope that we can praise God for all of the things He has done in our lives, and never hesitate to ask him for help.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Genesis 18

verse 14: "Is anything too hard for the LORD ? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son."

Reading this, I couldn't pretend that I didn't sympathize for Sarah's reaction, doubting her conceiving of a child at the age of 90. The sounds of that are so ridiculous, but we can't lose sight of the fact that the capabilities of our God are even more ridiculous and vast and immeasurable. I'm sure we've all experienced moments in our lives where we're hesitant to leave things to the Lord because of very natural human doubts, but having read about Sarah and her miraculous experience with God, I'm sure all our doubts can be thrown at the window. So let's challenge ourselves to consistently have the faith and courage to believe that nothing is impossible for God and that He wants to be there for us at our every jump and turn in life.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Another day, another dollar... Empty Genesis 18 Devo

Post  Allan Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:03 pm

Ummm i wondering about the choice of wording in Verse 13. The "lord" said, is anything hard for the "Lord", I was expected something like "is anything to hard for I to do". Manybe God was saying that to make himself clear that he is the Lord of all things, and that he can do anything, Umm yah I don't when some wording is weird for me I have to say it outloud

I am getting confused who were these 3 visitors, I am not making good sense of this.
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum