Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So tireeeedd.....

4 posters

Go down

So tireeeedd..... Empty So tireeeedd.....

Post  Isaac Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:35 am

So tired guys.... praise practice was good today though! were getting more efficient with our time.

Okay sooooooooooooooooooooo this chapter is a promise between God and Abra"ham". I dont get why its so important to have a "covenant" with God. Isnt it enough just to follow in him and trust him? Like if God said he would do something i wouldnt need a rainbow to keep his promise.

Im pretty pooped. Im sure all of you are.

Hokay! nighty night... im sooo tired..... i dont want to work tomorrow....
E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

So tireeeedd..... Empty Re: So tireeeedd.....

Post  hannahlee Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:13 am

Genesis 17

I had a hard time interpreting much out of this chapter. On the one hand, I thought the promises God had for Abraham were so great and mighty, and I understood that the ritual of circumcision arose out of a covenant for that, but I wish I knew the significance of such a drastic bit of action in the context of those times..Perhaps, for what other intents the action was carried out aside from when God gave Abraham this command..I almost just looked it up on google to answer this question for myself and then realized that in this world of VISUAL AIDS, that could be a very, very bad idea. Anyone else care to take this one on? Hahaha.

What I liked about this chapter was the changing of the names. I used to wonder why that was so significant - the adding or removing of a couple letters - and why God did it so often with people throughout the course of the bible. Initially, I figured it wasn't that great a deal and then I took a look at my own name. Silly example, I know, but if I were to one day become....Hannonah...(Goodness, may that day NEVER come..), that'd drastically change my identity. That's how I feel, anyways. Others might disagree, but to me, one's name isn't "just a name". So it's a huge deal when God decides to bestow new names upon these individuals. Sarai's name transforms from "my princess", to Sarah "mother of nations". That's a huge deal. It's a new chance for these people to become these new identities God has intended, starting from their names, which can sometimes be a huuuge part of the transformation process. Uhm, that was totally all over the place and not very coherent. Sorry about that. It sounded a lot better in my head and journal, just couldn't type it all out tonight quite right. haha.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:53 pm

Genesis 17

I looked up "religious purpose of circumcision" on Google, and I basically learned that circumcision was done to represent cleanliness. Honestly, I don't really know why God made Abraham promise Him to have all boys circumcised. But, I believe that the purpose of circumcision was to represent our belonging to God. When a baby is born, he's born into the world. However, God wanted the males to be circumcised so that He can remind everyone that the baby didn't belong in the world, but to God. Unlike non-Christian males, those who believe in God might have been circumcised to physically be separated from the rest of the world.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

So tireeeedd..... Empty Genesis 18 Devo

Post  Allan Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:58 pm

Ummm to be honest I never got the whole circumcision thing.

I am guessing God one day thought the convenant should be made with the act of a circumcision.
Well God is going to bless Sarah with many decendents, but did we really have to go through the maidsevant Hagar thing than?

Lol Issac is born

Umm i really didn't get much from this chapter
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum