Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sept 2nd

+2
Pa Ta Rick
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Sept 2nd Empty Sept 2nd

Post  Kevin Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Brand new start!
This means all YOUR DEVO errors are back at 0
None of you guys reached 5.
Some of you got pretty damn close to it though

TO reflect on today's sermon. I was thinking and really liked how the theme was to constantly move forward.
In regards to a Christian walk point of view, standing completely still to me and "not moving forward" is distancing yourself from God. When your relationship no longer gets any stronger! Once that happens, I believe you gradually start getting pulled backwards, AWAY from God.
ALWAYS move forward, that's the plan!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Sept 2nd Empty Re: Sept 2nd

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:48 am

Main message: keep moving forward, there will be times when you move backwards but you should movemore forward to make up for when you went backwards.

The path towards Christ is not easy. There are many obstacles and distractions that will prevent us from nmoving forwards. ther can be times when we dont move at all, thinking that we are close enough with God and stuff like that. There is no limit to how close you can be with God.

An example i thought of was money. You always want gain money right? think of like when you walking forward you are gaining money. When something happens in your life and you are depressed or something is distracting you, you will lose money. In life you will constantly gain $$ from jobs and such and lose $$ from taxes and your unnessary wants. BUT there is no limit to how much $$ you can have and it is always better to have more $$.

Think of the walk of Christ. You are constantly moving forward from retreats and such, but we are always moving backwards when we dont feel him or get that connection again. But just always move forward yeaaa

Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:38 am

Sorry for not doing this yesterday!

Everything happens for a reason. Good or Bad.
God does it on purpose. Whether it brings you further from your walk with God or closer.
Just remember, as you take steps back... you will always take steps forward. Vice versa
thats what i got.
So always trust in God and never doubt anythihng that happens!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:57 pm

getting to God is like climbing a ladder....you can't make a big jump from the middle straight to the top. each lesson is like a stepping stone, and each are very important of us to grow.
like how the sermon said, we must set ourselves reasonable goals. goals that have been set way too high, will make you disapointed. Many want to change greatly in faith....and of course that is good. that big change can only be made one step at a time.

It's like that popular saying:
You will have to first crawl to end up standing, you will have to stand to end up walking, you will have to walk to finaly end up running.
And in between, there will be falls. you can't expect for life to be a perfectly smooth rollercoaster ride. the world and humans are just not like that.
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:25 pm

oh i didn't know that we were doing sunday reflections again...sorry!
okay so pretty much the same idea as everyone else. in our Christian walk with God, we will take big steps forward and take even bigger steps back. God does all this for a reason and we will always end up moving back and forth, back and forth. we can't expect ourselves to take a huge step forward from bring all pumped up from a retreat and start to think that we will do everything for God. in truth, we all probably lost most of the fire that we had burning for God and it has cost us many steps back because of that. we need to make small stepping stones in our walk with God in order to continue moving forward.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:04 pm

A relationship with Christ is just like another relationship that we may have with anyone.
Giving and taking is always needed, from both parties.
I feel as if God always waits for me, in open arms. I always take, but I'm not too big on the giving.
That definitely must change in order to establish the most strongest relationship with Christ.
There's always fighting in every one of my relationships, especially my best friend.
But with God, there's nothing to fight about when it should be ONLY Him yelling at me for all the sins I have committed.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down