Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CALL ME ISHMAEL!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

CALL ME ISHMAEL!!!!! Empty CALL ME ISHMAEL!!!!!

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:27 pm

Okay... long day, and its not even over... ssoooo sooo much world religion reading to do. Ive bee putting it off but unfortunately its reading time boys and girls....

Gen 16:
I got one thing from this chapter but its a pretty vague lesson learned. God is always with us. "yea we know Isaac....(idiot)". But seriously im sure most of us have been in the pits, low as low gets or just pure stressed out and if you have ever had the strength to turn to God during those times, im sure the outcome wasnt as bad as you thought. Just how God "heard of Hagar's misery" he hears us. We just dont listen.
So ive been watching "The cleaner". Its pretty sick. Its about this drug abuser that turned into a drug abuser helper and helps others because he asked God to give him one more chance. Right now in the season a lot of it has been his struggle with God (its not even a christian show its weird) and how he only asks and God doesnt reply. But he finds this crazy druggie and the druggie says "William, (his name) he hears you, he does, hes just waiting to speak". And then it goes on from there but when i was watching it (it can be found at www.surfthechannel.com) plug plug :p, it really hit me. We always talk but maybe if we just listen we will hear God. Like sam said last friday, during silence, God has more chance to speak to us. or it might even be that God's waiting to speak to us. Regardless its a bigger picture.
Were all going through hard times, and for those who arent, you eventually will. But Jesus gives us peace. He does for me atleast. If we just take the time to trust in an intangible being.
Any who.... TOMORROW party party...
See all your pretty faces tomorrow (hint hint Jacob I love you )
E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

CALL ME ISHMAEL!!!!! Empty Re: CALL ME ISHMAEL!!!!!

Post  hannahlee Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:18 am

Genesis 16

This is a pretty sad story, as you read about Hagar from all the misfortune she experienced, from lying with her master, having an unwanted pregnancy, and being faced with no compassion from the two people that put her in this situation in the first place..
In verse 2, Sarai says, "The LORD has kept me from having children", and as a result supposes it would be okay for Abram to go sleep with her maidservant and build their family through her. I'm uncertain of the customs of that time and whether or not it was normal to do what they did, but I can't help but think that this is not at all what God wanted. I don't recall ever reading of Sarai's prayers for children, but I do recall in chapter 15, when God promises Abram a child of his own body. Sarai hadn't demonstrated the patience nor the faith in God and went ahead and made her own means, when perhaps she could've avoided the big mess had she just taken the time to ask, wait, and to listen. I think this is something we all need to work on. How often do we bring our every requests to God and when we do, how often do we take the time to really listen for His answer?
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:43 pm

I was at the music camp, so I'm going to post all my devos right noww..

Genesis 16

The part that really stuck out for me was in verse 13.
"You are the God who sees me."

Hagar was upset that Sarai was mistreating her that she fled. The angel told her to go back to Sarai because God will bless Hagar to have numerous descendants.

I think that Hagar felt insignificant and unworthy because she had to do everything Sarai told her to do. Hagar even bore Abram's son in order to please Sarai, her mistress. In the midst of everything, the angel reminded Hagar that God sees her and will bless her in many ways. Even when the whole world seems to be against us, we have to remember that God is the one who never takes His eyes off of us.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

CALL ME ISHMAEL!!!!! Empty Genesis 16 Devo

Post  Allan Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:53 pm

Wow that's a pretty sad situation

But God in the end still provides to those who are weak and hurting.

Ummm I don't really know what amaidservant is but, I am thinking this practice was common or not. Umm it's really weird that it was
Abrham wife who suggested this idea.

Huh wow the wife is really ummm bitc@* I mean it was her idea and now Abrham is taking the fault weird?
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum