Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abram and Lot.

+2
dennis
JacobPk
6 posters

Go down

Abram and Lot. Empty Abram and Lot.

Post  JacobPk Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:58 pm

School tomorrow! but only 4 days of school for this week which pretty much excites me Smile

Ok so to think that their posessions were so great that the land couldn't even support it. Mastercard? (lame lame ) aha. Anyway Abram shows humility before anything else. He loved his brother and showed him to choose the best for himself, leaving the other side for Abram. I think we can all learn fomr this, you can say we're quite like a family now, and we should learn to humble ourselves before each other, that way we can easily do it to those in our ministry and expand to school friends and even strangers. We as leaders should ask for humility, because God can provide. This is kind of gay, but Joseph Jin, he's the most humble guy i know, working behind the scenes and not asking anything in return. He stes up all the chairs before service by himself and he's always offering stuff. I also think patience is something taht ties in with humility. These 2 things are what i've been praying for this last couple of weeks, and i can see God changing me little by little.

Also, this passage shows different pathways for us to choose. In this case, as Lot's and Abram's posessions were too great, they had to part ways. As we grow older, will our praise team choose different pathways? Of course, but we should all make the effort to stay in contact and stay knit tight, even though theres alot of time left before it actually happens.

Anyway! I hope you guys have an awesome weeek.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Abram and Lot. Empty Re: Abram and Lot.

Post  dennis Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:35 pm

Howdy.

re: Jacob' devos
ditto everything you said about jj. he's the bestt

Genesis 13.

v.8 So Abram said to Lot, "Let's not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers."
Abram and Lot were having arguments because they had so many possessions and Lot was probably being a tad selfish. In the midst of all of this, Abram tells Lot to go live anywhere he wants so that they wouldn't have to argue about what belongs to whom. I think this shows a lot about Abram's character and faith; he knew that God doesn't like it when his children are against each other, so he found a humble way to solve the problem. Also, Abram didn't care where he went to live because he had faith that God will provide. I remember Sam telling us that a woman brought money to Sammy, and said that God told her to do it. Clearly, God works in the most spontaneous ways, and we can never be sure of how God will bless us when we struggle. This is why we have to trust in God, just as Abram did.

v.10,11 Lot looked up and saw that the whole plain of the Jordan was well watered... chose for himself the whole plain of the Jordan..."
v.13 Now the men of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the Lord

These two verses show how our knowledge doesn't even compare to that of God. To Lot, Jordan seemed to be the most perfect place to live. Later, in verse 13, it's clear that Sodom (right near Jordan) was full of sinful people. Sometimes, what we see as "great" is not the whole picture; God sees far beyond what we see, and has a full knowledge of which path is best for us. These verses also teach us to put complete faith in God because He knows everything.

I hope that we'll lean on to God for advice, and follow Him with whole-hearted devotion.

Ciao amigos
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:30 am

thanksgiving dinner.... pie,... icecream... so tired....

Gen 13:
Denise makes a good point. Lot thought the land looked great but soon found out that the area was not. That applies to a lot in life. What it may seem may not be in for instance, a hot chicka could be ditsy.... ok bad example but you get the point. Also it says that the Lord gave the land for him and all his generation forever. Does that mean technically Lot's great great great (x100000) grandchildren could take the land for their own? like one day find it, plot it out and says its theres and say God promised it to them? i dunno its very LITERAL but its something that seemed odd to me.

Blargh im pretty pooped but i have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning so i miss marketing class (for the third time out of 4 classes this few weeks....
Have a good 2sDay (aha that cracks me up....) buds and buddets!
E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:37 am

I LOVE JJ Smile
lol HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL
so today i went to my godparents' house for thanksgiving (yes, i have godparents because i was baptized catholic)
and well, im thinking.. korean godparents, we're proabably gonna have like 210034922 different types of kimchi and different ways to cook kalbi
but ohmygosh i have the whitest korean godparents in the world
i walk in to roast beef, stuffing, roasted potatoes, salad, gravy, and apple pie and everything was very nice with white tablecloths and candles
mann did i enjoy today or what? Smile

PS i just realized that the chapter of genesis we do each day corresponds to the day of the month
took me 13 days to figure that out
YEYE

sorry for the ranting
but here goes so Abram and Lot had A LOT OF STUFF (jacob, i internally chuckled at your mastercard joke)
and when Abram's herdsmen and Lot's herdmen started picking beef with each other, Abram decided that it would be best if the two went their separate ways. This made me reflect, and I thought, that sometimes if we want to keep good relations with people, sometimes we need to keep some distance to keep from fighting.
This reminded me of this verse somewhere.. in the bible (i dont really know where) where it says that if our foot cuases us to sin, we should cut it off. So I see this as another example of learning to keep distance with things that will cause us to sin. This is the most foolproof way to make sure that we won't fall into temptation.
But, Abram did this with Lot in the most humble and respecting and loving way possible. Sometimes when we think that we should cut some people out of our lives if they are being a bad influence, making us sin, etc, that it's a really rude and malicious thing to do. But Abram shows us how to be loving and yet keep your distance. Abram gave Lot the right to pick where he goes first, and when Lot picks the side that seems to be better, Abram humbly accepts it and goes his way.
As Denise mentioned, it turns out that the way Lot went is the sinful side, so I guess Lot's selfishness kinda came back to him and he got gypped Razz
So God really does have a KICK-BUM BIGGER PLAN Smile

EW SCHOOL TMRW
this week is gonna be the worst week of my life
I've been doing nothing but my math portfolio, math hwk, studying for math test all weekend so hopefully ill do better than a 57 on my math test Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:40 am

HOLLA.
Got back from Michigan a couple hours ago and it was short but lots of family fun Smile I forgot how adorable my cousins' kids are and it was a bit of a bummer that we were only there for about a day bc you know how kids always warm up to you after a bit of time, if you haven't seen them for years? So of course, it was only this morning that they got comfortable enough with me to show me their High School Musical moves and it was already time for me to go. (They had High School Musical karaoke for their Wii!! It was amazing.) Haha, anyways. Hope you guys all had great weekends too! 4-day school week! Partay.

#1. Re: Re: Jacob's Devo
I double ditto what Jacob and Dennis both said about JJ. Yamanashi's the mannn. Haha.

#2. Genesis 13
8 So Abram said to Lot, "Let's not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers. 9 Is not the whole land before you? Let's part company. If you go to the left, I'll go to the right; if you go to the right, I'll go to the left."
12 Abram lived in the land of Canaan, while Lot lived among the cities of the plain and pitched his tents near Sodom.

Abram's a pretty wise man with lots of good qualities to learn from.
In verse 8, I appreciate the wisdom and humility he shows by telling Lot that they should address the potential problem at hand by firstly, recognizing that no silly arguments over worldly possessions should come between them, and secondly, offering a selfless solution. I can recall a bunch of times where I've gotten into arguments with important people in my life over things that were undoubtedly not worth any of the time and hurt that happened along the way and that certainly weren't pleasing to God. This verse encourages me to learn from the wisdom and humility of Abram by thinking twice before I act in frustration and having foresight and looking for solutions, if a situation calls for it, even if it leaves me as the one with the shorter end of the stick, just as Abram demonstrated..Because as God demonstrates later on with Abram, as Dennis mentioned, when we do the right thing, He always has His mysterious ways of providing, no matter the circumstance, and pouring His blessings upon us, in return.

I really liked Denise's bit about v.10,11,13. Brrap.

Happy Fundays.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Abram and Lot. Empty Genesis 13 Devo

Post  Allan Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:41 am

Yah this is my first time in 12 years i have seen a cousin face to face cool. (I am doing this like in the day style) So this was like a week ago

My cousin came over and well his 25 and dam he bought be guitar hero for thanksgiving dude High FIVE!!!

Abram was really a wise humble man. He was calm and collected and quickly solved the problem between him and lot. Lot became selfish and he wanted more, and fought with Abram. You have to respect a man where his words are more powerful than his temper. He was quick to resolve the problem, and in the end God blessed him.
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: