Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 86 June 28th (July...? Read below)

+4
Pa Ta Rick
Esther
jaake kwon
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Psalm 86 June 28th        (July...? Read below) Empty Psalm 86 June 28th (July...? Read below)

Post  Kevin Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:11 pm

a
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Psalm 86 June 28th        (July...? Read below) Empty Re: Psalm 86 June 28th (July...? Read below)

Post  jaake kwon Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Nothing particularly special I got from this reading. o-o but one thing I did notice was that David was a man who already did countless of deeds in God's name. Yet, he still goes to that much desperation to ask for things we ask daily. We're really really spoiled. We don't ever grovel for God even once a week. We use prayer like it's just some "routine" we do every day to just do for the hell of it.

Prayer isn't a routine, it's a practice. You know what I mean?

We get better at it, and we get better at spiritually connecting and praising God.
But it's not something technical, like do (XYZ) and -bang.- you're praying like you would at an overflow.

Soo yeah.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Psalm 86 June 28th        (July...? Read below) Empty Re: Psalm 86 June 28th (July...? Read below)

Post  Esther Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Hope you guys are having a good week

But you, O Lord,
are a God of compassion and mercy,
slow to get angry
and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. (Psalm 86:15 NLT)

God really is always loving and always forgiving. So much so that we could never in a million years repay him for it and he knows, but he loves us anyway.
We should always be making ourselves more like God in a way of being able to serve him.
Not to become God, if you guy get what I mean.
We should try to be everything that this verse says God is.

See you guys on saturday
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Something that stood out to me was verse 7
"In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee for tho wilt answer"
This verse really displayed how great king David's faith was towards God. He is like a role model and we should try and be like him and always rely on God
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:19 am

This is another great chapter to prove David's faith in the Lord.
Truthfully, I'm a little bit jealous myself, of his faith.
I want to throw away everything, just for Him.
Give up anything and everything for his Name.
I'm ready, at this moment I want to give it up for Him.

2: Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:19 am

5 You are forgiving and good, O Lord,
abounding in love to all who call to you.

Reminds me of what we talked about on Saturday
Anyone who calls out to God, whether it be worship, or crying out in desperation
God will have love for us. Whether we sinned against him, or lived a life worthy to him, he'll love us no matter what
To ALL who call, God doesn't discriminate against anyone, All he wants is our love, and in return he'd give us nothing less
Only more actually...

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:07 am

My break is already moving too slowly. I am foreseeing a boring break Razz

15 But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

This verse really reminds me about how amazing God's grace is. We don't deserve the least of God's kindness or compassion or love, yet because of grace, we have those things. But it's not enough just receiving God's grace. I think we also have to extend it to others around us. Though perfection is impossible, it's possible to strive for it, and it's even all written out in plain language. Being slow to anger, being compassionate, and etc., are all things we can do to strive to be like God.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:49 am

Hear me, Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
No matter how complete and independent we feel that we are, there will always be room for God and we should know that. We should never give up on God just because our lives are starting turn positive. We should always call for him at hard times and even the best times.

Teach me your way, Lord,
that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
I remember these lyrics were in a song that we did a few weeks back. i think it was called undivided heart... we should reflect on these words and really take in what God has to offer us and express it to others. I really dont know what the second half of the phrase means but just give yourself up to God and he will show you glory!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:24 am

Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer;
    answer me, for I need your help.
This is a prayer that I think I need to pray everyday! I need to humble myself and put myself in such a low position compared to god that he has to bend to hear my Prayer! And it reminds me that I always need gods help because without gods help, life is empty and worthless. And void of any kind of joy. So I think I should be, or we all should be Pratibg this prayer constantly, because god truly deserves it every second of every minute of the day. And through Whateve we do, we should remember that it Os through gods grace that we are able to do these things and do it in his honor. And if it isn't honorable or is shameful in the eyes of the lord, we shouldn't do it at all right? This is the way we should be thinking all the time but because we are humans we forget and we forget to be thankful. Because every breath we take and everything we have we should be thankful about. Because without the lord we have nothing so, yes, we should always be asking for help from god with humility, but god is do loving that he gives us help without us even asking or knowing! God is good! Very Happy tehe
I'll see y'all next next week!! Byee Wink
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down