Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zechariah 14 Jan 2

4 posters

Go down

Zechariah 14 Jan 2 Empty Zechariah 14 Jan 2

Post  Kevin Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:12 pm

sss
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Zechariah 14 Jan 2 Empty Re: Zechariah 14 Jan 2

Post  Kevin Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:18 pm

17 Any nation in the world that refuses to come to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, will have no rain.18 If the people of Egypt refuse to attend the festival, the LORD will punish them with the same plague that he sends on the other nations who refuse to go.

It's verses like this that kind of remind us just how fearful our God is
Loving yes, but he must be a good that we fear and acknowledge.
These days the church teaches us that God is a loving God and he is, but they leave out the parts that he still is scary...ahaha.
Always remember the big guns upstairs

I'll pick a new book
That is it for Zechariah
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:45 am

Hope retreat practice is going well Razz
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN~!

3 "Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle.
9 "The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.
This verse enforces the idea that the Lord is so mighty, but also a merciful God. His wrath will be shown and many will be astonished however some will recognize his might.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:54 am

This chapter in general speaks of what will happen on the day of Gods return. It describes many gruesome things that non believers will have to endure and shows what will happen when there is one mighty god. Like James said, it really shows his power and gives us imagery to go along with it. We're so used to hearing about gods love and mercy, but we forget that we also must fear him. He is way way way above us, and he has the power to do whatever he wants. In one passage it said that each pot to each tag on a horse would have Holy to the lord written on it, and everyone e living there wants to worship god with their full hearts. God doesn't need our worship, so if it's not whole hearted, why should god even tolerate it? So it show that we shouldn't just do things for god because of our love for him, we should also do it out of our fear of him. We forget the immense amount of power he has because of his mercy. So we mustn't get used to it!
That's it fr today ahah hope you guys have a great tmr Smile
Night! Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi guys!! I'm soooo excited for the retreat!!!!
And btw, Happy bday Kevin!! (:
So this chapter is mainly about what will happen when God comes back to earth.
Chapter 9, "The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name."
God will be glorified by all, including the non-believers, and he will show everyone how powerful he is.
Honestly, I'm quite anxious. I know God loves me and all but what if on the day that God comes I won't be prepared? It's so easy to fall into sin, but hard to go back to the righteous.
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down