Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

okay so he did make genesis 7 AFTER i finish my devo...thanks roh.. thanks

+2
hannahlee
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

okay so he did make genesis 7 AFTER i finish my devo...thanks roh.. thanks Empty okay so he did make genesis 7 AFTER i finish my devo...thanks roh.. thanks

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:15 am

I took a little mini morning off (skip marketing, lunch, spare) so ill do my devo now!
Disregard this devo under "Genesis" i made a sub topic to put my Gen 7 in...

Genesis 7:
God must have been pretty angry... I like how its very descriptive as well. "they rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet."
I like the last part where it says everything died. But not just once. but THREE times. So epic...

But what most people dont know is that it RAINED for 40 days and 40 Nights but according to this the waters were up 150 days. Imagine that.... A sweaty, HOT, smells like poo ark full of animals yelling and wanting food, with a bunch of saggy, 600 year old women...
gross....

Not much to get from this chapter EXCEPT the wrath of God. Hes not joking. I bet there was a mad "palm to the face" for the people who didnt believe Noah.

Have a nice 2sDay guys!!!
E-Sak OUT! Smile
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

okay so he did make genesis 7 AFTER i finish my devo...thanks roh.. thanks Empty Re: okay so he did make genesis 7 AFTER i finish my devo...thanks roh.. thanks

Post  hannahlee Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:03 pm

http://healthandfitness.sympatico.msn.ca/News/ContentPosting?newsitemid=129019047&feedname=CP-ODDITIES&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=True

Hahahahaha. "Based on your visit today, we know you are pregnant." How mortifying for the poor old man...I'd imagine he would have gone through at least a split second of, "Could I really be...", which is just epic. Anyways.

Genesis 7

This chapter was scary as heck, man.
verse 19. "They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet. 21 Every living thing that moved on the earth perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth."
Firstly, I enjoyed reading today's passage because of the imagery it allowed me to experience. It's a pretty amazing scene that's set up here. Secondly, it reminded me that God is a God of His word. He had given the world a chance to repent and undo their wrongdoings, but they hadn't listened. One might have thought, you know, He'd never really do anything, because He's a loving, merciful God. But having done what He did makes Him no less loving or merciful. He simply stood by His word, and I can't imagine how much it must have hurt Him, to have to destroy all that He'd created, the children He'd created to love and to love Him. The chapter also reminded me to be fearful of God. In a good way, if that makes any sense. It demonstrated His awesome, unparalleled power and might and made me all the more thankful to be a child of Him. I'm on His side, He's by my side. And that's pretty sweet.

Girls (and Roh & Isaac, bc we all know how much you love your chick things, hahaha. kidding..?), did you know you could watch full epis. of The Hills on mtv.ca?? Yeah, my friend's doing it right now. That show is such a guilty pleasure..Goodness.

Have a fantastic rest of the day =)

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

okay so he did make genesis 7 AFTER i finish my devo...thanks roh.. thanks Empty Re: okay so he did make genesis 7 AFTER i finish my devo...thanks roh.. thanks

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:00 pm

why is it, that when women are mentioned, i am bracketed in as a womenlike person. Dont reply. Its rhetorical...
I cant watch the hills. Ive tried after school once.. its so drama queen... But the whole Audrina nude photo scandal did raise my attention. albino i thought this was a bunny emoticon but apparently its an albino...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:18 pm

WATCH THE OFFICE

SO FUNNY
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:31 pm

i would but roh, its so dry (i like dry humor) but it hurts to watch... Its funny but i cant watch the full episodes. The Steve Carrel guy is hilarious though...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Watch this episode...it's called "Basketball"

http://www.officeepisodesonline.com/episode.php?numTitle=105

Isaac you'll appreciate it
haha it's SO funny
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:48 pm

it was ok... i dont like the office. The racial profiling was hilarious though.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:15 pm

No, E-sak. Watch "Diversity Day". You've gotta suck it up and at the very least watch that episode, so you can see the roots of our Team Cookie Cookie. I don't have a link for you, but I know you can use your Internet magic. Go! Go! Go!
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:39 pm

fine.... ill watch it.. Math can wait...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:55 pm

Wait, no. Do your homework.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:02 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COOOKIE COOKIE? ONLY 99CENTS COOKIE COOKIE!!!!! YEEEEE
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:06 am

the office is stupid...
moving on!

i like this chapter.. it's tastefully emo lol
this kinda also relates to this book i'm beginning to read for ToK called "Worst-Case Scenarios"
it's really interesting.. talks about all the recent things including the avian flu, global warming, and all that mumbo jumbo; but mainly how we as human beings and the government will react to these major catastrophes.
haven't got to the how part yet.. but am looking forward to it!
anyway, i wonder what animals were 'unclean' and what animals were 'clean'.
I guess the snake wud be unclean, but this means that even in animals there is sinning and not sinning (is there a word for htat?) which i find to be cool.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:09 am

the snake "sinned" because it was the devil (Lucifer? i guess that was his name) who was in the snake. I dont think animals can sin... can they?
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:05 pm

Yo's,
just wanted to say sorry for being so late with my devos. I literally fell asleep at 9:30pm (what the heckk).

So here's Genesis 7

v.17,18,19 "For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered"

This chapter taught me that God always keeps his word and that he is so powerful. He warned so many people before Noah to obey Him, but everyone ended up sinning. God was ready to bless His children with everything he had created for them, yet people didn't obey. As a result, God saved Noah, his family, and pairs of animals, but destroyed the rest of His creations, with which he had been pleased in the beginning, with a flood. In fact, this wasn't just a plain flood- it was a flood that lasted for forty days and forty nights, which lifted the ark high above the earth and covered the highest mountains.

It seems harsh that God would destroy everything. Nonetheless, I think God did this out of love. He knew that everyone except for those in the ark was facing the spiral of sin, and things would get worse. I think that God wanted to give His children a fresh start and live their lives according to His plan. His love is quite amazing, I must say.

adios chicas
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:49 am

Good evening ladies and gents
sorry this is coming a whole day late Razz
I had two chem labs due today and I ended up staying up till 3 am last night and i couldnt bring myself to be TANK like michael and do my devos that late at night:P
haha but here they are now

alright to be honest with you i didnt get a very personal reflection piece from this chapter. It kinda scares me to think about all the death and destruction that would hav ebeen on earth after raining for 150 days. God saved the animals because they didn't sin against him - they don't have the knowledge, judgment or the ability cuase they dont have the knowledge of good and evil. It's jsut human kind, who screwed up in the beginning so that we were able to know both sides and make decisions. The destruction came because humans and all of their 'knowledge' on good and evil and ability chooose totally screwed it up and made wrong decisions - they lived evil lives. THis makes me wonder, if God didn't make the covenannt never to flood the earth again, would we have been flooded a long time ago? Hm.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down