Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans Chapter 2 (Julay 19)

5 posters

Go down

Romans Chapter 2 (Julay 19) Empty Romans Chapter 2 (Julay 19)

Post  JacobPk Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:56 am

$
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Romans Chapter 2 (Julay 19) Empty Re: Romans Chapter 2 (Julay 19)

Post  Grace Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:09 pm

i am.... FINALLY done packing !!! YAAAAYYYY !!! hope you all got my email by the wayyyy Smile

18By reading the Scriptures you learn how God wants you to behave, and you discover what is right.
i think that this is pretty self explanitory... so... READ THE BIBLE Smile
through this, we know what is wrong and what is right, what God likes and what is unacceptable.
If we do not read the bible, then how can we really call ourselves christians? We wouldnt know the first thing about true christianity.
A few years back, i learned that the bible is like our weapon against satan. If we know our stuff, then he cannot try and tempt us to do bad things and twist around the words of the scriptures like he tried to do to Christ when he was fasting for 40 days in isolation. Jesus took a stand, and drove satan away BECAUSE he knew what the scriptures said.

21But how can you teach others when you refuse to learn? You preach that it is wrong to steal. But do you steal?
Rev. Noh told us this a couple days ago for our last Kodia meeting. He told us to be teachable. We cannot grow in spirituality, if we close ourselves off with an "i know everything" attitude.

29To be a real Jew you must obey the Law. True circumcision is something that happens deep in your heart, not something done to your body. And besides, you should want praise from God and not from humans.
God should be the only one we want to impress. He should be the only one we desire, since He is the one who holds us in his hands, not humans. Praise should be FOR God, and come FROM God!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Hey everyoneeeeeeee!
I just found out my shift got moved from Saturday to tomorrow..... oh wow. Plus the same one, haha! 7 AM to 3 PM! Sad We'll see what happens, but keep praying for me and my job! I feel like something's missing whenever I work... this unsettling feeling!

Much of the judgment concept I was completely aware of, and I can definitely say this: God detests the idea of hypocrisy. The moment we judge someone else without God's righteousness, it's the moment we can be judged as well; in fact, I remember Kevin mentioning that we shouldn't judge, unless we ourselves are willing to be judged - I'm not agreeing completely, as I find that at the end of the day, it's God who shows up and tells us what we need to do. And whether someone has faith in the Lord or not, judgment still takes place - the ones who don't believe in the resurrection of Christ won't be saved, and that's ultimately decided by God. We all know that having complete faith in Christ will get us into heaven, but Christ won't let us go and commit tyranny all over the world! We all need to strive to be like Jesus, as Jacob mentioned...

I wasn't too sure why the concept of circumcision recurs in the bible from time to time... it came from my belief that circumcision just talked about cleanliness - separation from Jew from Gentile, as I'd say. I'm not too sure on this, but it comes to my guess that Jewish law mandated circumcision - the gentiles (non-Jewish Israelites) were considered unclean; and from this, I can give my 2 cents on Paul's final touch of this chapter. No matter where we come from, whether we're baptized, come from a purely Christian family, born and raised in the church, or born and raised from a Pastor's family, the one who devotes everything to God and fulfills whatever commandments God gave will truly be saved. Paul made it clear that it's the HEART of worship that counts.

The book of James says this too - Faith without deeds is dead.

Take care guys..... I'm going to need rest! Please do make it to the Beaches Jazz Fest this week! Thursday to Saturday, 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM, playing with the Not Affiliated Big Band on Queen St. E (near Pet Valu) - check the site!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:43 am

FFUFUUUUUUUU- i just did a devo.... and then i accidently deleted it while trying to copy it..... im sooo mad right now.... but basically it was about how we should not only listen to God's word, but always try to live it as well. -.-
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 am

CHAPTER 2
3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?
this verse stuck out to me because it really shows how much God is showing mercy and how much God actually cares for us. it says that we are "merely" human beings, and that is true because we are only one out of millions and millions of human beings in this world. and it asks us if we disrespect or not appreciate the overflowing kindness he shows us-- which we all do in some way or anoter!
and just by the fact tthat tere are billions of people out there and that God must get hurt by everyone of them by their sins and STILL have patience and kindness to share with little ol' me makes me feel grateful Smile very grateful**
so in this, simply acknowledging what God is constantly doing for us should lead us to repentance. He is giving so much and getting so little back!
so thats what i got for today!
have a great tomoorroowww Very Happy
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down