Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why May is the worst month for me

2 posters

Go down

Why May is the worst month for me Empty Why May is the worst month for me

Post  julian Wed May 11, 2011 5:52 pm

Heya guys!

I know it's been some time since I was on the forum (well, not really, I was here yesterday haha), and I guess I've been a little more secluded. It is true, and certainly has been upon leading the conference.

I find that during this month, a lot of my friends in IB have exams (Cathy would know), so I guess I've been alone for quite some time. And they probably won't be coming back to school, since they're done, so I guess it'll be a while since I have a good chat with them! I mean, I'm sure happy that a lot of them have gotten their acceptances and their marks... but at the same time, I guess I was feeling a little jealous, almost since two weeks ago or so.

Thus far, I've earned three acceptances, neither of which I find particularly 'good'. I hate comparisons, but being in a school with so many hardcore IB students, I can say that jealousy was taking me pretty easily. So far, I've got:

- McMaster DeGroote Commerce... possibly the best school I've been admitted into, but likely will not go
- Ottawa Telfer Commerce - not bad, but probably won't go Sad
- Laurier BA Honours Economics - not so bad, but again, won't likely go

After telling some of my friends, I guess a lot of them felt pretty disappointed, considering they got into places like Western's IVEY AEO or even Queen's Commerce (which I still want!)... It's like thinking there's something more worthwhile studying, haha.

Impatience at the same time is STILL taking the better out of me. I keep thinking about the number of days left before May 31, just because it's the last day to get admitted into any university (need to accept by June 2!) In fact, I seem to be putting it a lot more stressful than I need to, especially now that it got to a point where THAT was my God.

I look back and reflect for a bit, thinking about my relationship with God these days... and in all honestly, I guess it's been fading, but after writing this, I feel a lot more confident in what I'm doing.

I think that studying business isn't a particularly bad thing, and I talked to my fellowship supervisor, who actually got a Commerce degree from Guelph... he's an economics teacher as well, haha. He told me he worked at a firm for nearly 4 years and more often than not, hated the anti-Christian atmosphere he had in his workplace, and even the ethics and all... and that even though he struggled, he continued to see and experiment if working at a firm would be better than teaching. He loves teaching to this day and doesn't regret it at all...

God hasn't given me the most solid plan as of yet, but I'm sure that the light will shine and I'll see what he really has in store for me. It's my intention to do the same as my teacher did, and I'm sure time will honestly tell.

Continue to pray for me this month, with everything that's passed and all. Time is ticking, and I look forward to other universities, although leaning for a certain one is pretty difficult. I'm sure the other older guys would understand.

God Bless.
Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Why May is the worst month for me Empty Re: Why May is the worst month for me

Post  Grace Wed May 11, 2011 11:06 pm

hey julian! gahhhh, seems tough, but im sure it'll all get better Smile

all i can really say is that God will always provide and whatever is in his plans, is ultimately the best thing ~
I'm glad that you got accepted to 3 places though!!! thats still awesomeee, and keep praying for the other acceptances, because God is always listening to our prayers and whatever's best, he will make it happen Very Happy

I cant really relate with you on this one because i havent even started looking at different universities yet, but im sure things will all work out in the end ~~~~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum