Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 8

5 posters

Go down

May 8 Empty May 8

Post  Esther Sun May 08, 2011 11:20 pm

I noticed that Moses talked about watermelons and how everyone always wants the best part for themselves, first. He also talked about living a life of humility and serving others and something about being counter intuitive. I honestly don't remember too much from this sermon. :S
That's about it! :/ Well, anyway, I'll try and elaborate if I find anything else I remember.

See you guys!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

May 8 Empty Re: May 8

Post  Grace Sun May 08, 2011 11:29 pm

HEY GUYS! Smile
today, was a good day, ahaha
sorry going to keep this short, im doing this off my friends blackberry.. so yeah.

uhm i basically got that we should be humble and put others before our own selves, because we dont always have to get the best of everything,
sometimes its just better to let someone else have it instead Smile show some kindness and love~ lets live not just for ourselves, but for others, just like Jesus wants us to!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 am

Hey guys. For some reason... my fingers are hurting sooo much more than usual from playing bass.... they're like... swollen...

So what I got from today's sermon is to always have humility. As Christians we try to live like Jesus did and one of the things Jesus was most of was being humble. Jesus knew how to step down and pave the way for others, even if it means he'll get left behind. His personal life was always behind ours. He sacrificed everything so that we can have better. I think we should all learn from Jesus' example. We need to be humble and have humility. The watermelon example was a perfect illustration. We usually only take for ourselves the best there is, but we should always be more considerate, thinking of the next person. I found the watermelon challenge hard to do when our family was eating some after playing soccer. Haha... I guess I better work on it... Anyways... be humble and always think of the next person.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon May 09, 2011 12:41 am

The main idea was to be humble and live a life of humility.
I remember the watermelon theory when he asked kevin which part he lieks the best.
Keivn said the middle
Thats the juiciest part and the tastiest but Moses told us to live a life of humility and give others the juicy part and we take the sides.
Not jsut food.
Put others before you first.
ALWAYS LOVE YOU NEIGHBOR HAS YOU LOVE YOURSELF.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon May 09, 2011 12:50 am

Hey guys
I just saw the scariest movie ever...
It's called The Collector..
Watch it sometime hahahahahha

So What i got from today'\s chapter was that we are all equal. It doesn't matter what "rank" you are. You always consider you and another individual equal. Jesus, our God, went down and washed his dsciples dirty feet and I think that has a lot of symbolic meaning behind it. He always taught us to be humble and what he did in that parable was the greatest example. Let's all try to be more like Jesus and show more HUMILITY

yeahhh pceee
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down