Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the BEGINNING.

Go down

In the BEGINNING. Empty In the BEGINNING.

Post  Roh Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Hey guys!

Like Steven said, this is a new book, so let's start fresh!
If you've been lacking on your devos, try to start up again and start up with a new mind about approaching this first book of the Bible. It may seem dull cause you may know some of these stories, or just because it's based on such an old context, but I think it's meaningful that our praise team is going back to the very beginning of the Bible to start fresh together. You guys have been so good about trying to get your own meanings out of the Bible (mostly in good ways), so keep up with that and ask God to show you lots more!

Genesis 1:

What I'm going to talk about is very similar to what Hannah talked about. Sure, this is a story that we all know of, and it seems very "Sunday school"-ish. And I'm not going to bore you and go through every day of creation and tell you what it signifies. But what I'm amazed about, when reading through this section, is how much of an AMAZING world that God created. Just look around you. EVERYTHING that's made came from something, and that came from another, and another, and so on. It's so intricate. And God's given us the brains to be able to use these resources in such amazing ways (sometimes not so much). But look at your eyes (I guess you can't, but try) as you're reading through this bit that I wrote. It moves to the direction that the text is written. It shoots back information to your brain and your brain tells you what it means. Then your memory system takes that in, and stores it into a short term memory system. And if you choose to read over this carefully and take it in, it's stored into your long term memory system for future retrieval. Sorry this was really nerdy, but this is just one example of how intricate God made things. And that was just the simple part. There are thousands of pigments, enzymes, proteins, etc. involved in this function. But that's just one thing you do! You also hear, smell, touch, move, etc. etc. etc.

My point is...We need to give God some credit. We need to remember that God is the Creator of all things, and not only that, he is IN all things and he is the CAUSE of all things. So in all you do, appreciate it, and remember to give God the credit for breathing. And that will make you want to live for him even more.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down