Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Corinthians 1: March 16 2011

3 posters

Go down

2 Corinthians 1: March 16 2011 Empty 2 Corinthians 1: March 16 2011

Post  julian Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Hey all! Sorry for doing this late... Sad but yeah, Kevin's still at the TKPC retreat. But otherwise, we will continue our devos and Kevin's probably going to do them in spirit... right? ;D

Let verse 2 serve as a memory, considering when Sam always used to say 'Grace to you in peace' - because of God's salvation, we're here! Wink

My take was mostly on verse 7. All of the other verses were fairly straight-forward... Paul was writing to the Church of Corinth, talking about how God is our source of comfort... but verse 7 was something that made me see something a little more different. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that as you share in the sufferings, so you will share in the comfort. Sharing really means that one person gives something to another who uses that as well... if Christ shares suffering, yes we'll go through rough times, but God is with us. After all, love stands true when you see deeds - works of our fruit. And God doesn't betray us. Even when we suffer, so does God... in the best or worst of times, Christ stands firm. That's why he's our source of comfort.

- Julian.

Getting new specs tomorrow! Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

2 Corinthians 1: March 16 2011 Empty Re: 2 Corinthians 1: March 16 2011

Post  jennifer Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:58 pm

4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
thhis verse confused me at first. it said that God will comfrt us, but we will comfort oters? does tat mean that he isnt comforting te other people? but i realized, no! God is always trying to communicate and comfort and lead everyone, its just the people who allow him that feel his presence. Because tey dont allow him to come into thier lives and hearts, or becuase they dont know about him, they will not be able to feel him comfort them. tis is wy, trough us, they can be comforted the same way he comforts us. This is how we can sare the love of christ.
yeah Smile i like this verse because i can relate to it and i like to do this with my friends and whatnot Smile ehe
sorry my typings kinda messed up! its cause my h button is messed up so half of the time it doesnt work and i dont bother pressing it over and over again until it types it out. haha yeah,, but somehow its working now.....wow. haha
anyway!! the break is halfway done alreadyyy Sad im so sad!
night guyss.. not really heehe
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:39 pm

my bad guys, i didnt know that we were starting already.. i thought we'd start when Kevin got back ?
but heres my devos ~

4He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble.
its true. God DOES comfort us when we're struggling! I dont know how to explain it, but when God comforts me, i feel peaceful, and relaxed. When im troubled, i find that God sends people to talk to me and comfort me, and i find it so strange and cool.. how they always know exactly what to say Smile
let's be that comfort for others too Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down