Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something that YOU might not like watching but I find necessary.

Go down

Something that YOU might not like watching but I find necessary. Empty Something that YOU might not like watching but I find necessary.

Post  julian Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:37 pm

It's going to be difficult to talk about this.

Now, I have a Wiccan friend at school who actually comes from an entire family of Christians except that of his own household. He enjoys mocking religion even though he claims not to, and hates the idea of Christianity itself. He's someone that needs prayer, like many of our other friends. And this is just a fragment of my friends who oppose our relationships with Christ. I was even in World Issues today, actually. When our teacher left to help the IBs outside, a few of us (not my Wiccan buddy) had a good conversation about religion. It was a good discussion, but I discovered some shocking news. My co-leader for our fellowship club was talking to this guy, person B, a smart guy. Person B's a smart guy, but I was so pissed off when I realized he laughs at other people's beliefs, especially Christianity.

I'm not here to make a life rant on anything, but I want to talk about this - the idea of apologetics.

Christians get attacked so much, and for a good reason. A lot of us don't really read the bible and actually study the word. That's obvious. The interesting thing to note is that Athiests continue to debate and debate while many Christians (not necessarily all) give poor rebuttals or even any say... this made me ask a question on the inside.

How can we really defend our faith, in order that we can actually bring people to church?

Moses talks frequently in his sermons how we should INVITE people to come - or how we can even seize the day - the opportunity - by bringing in people to our church. People aren't convinced... why? There're many questions as to why we should believe in.

If someone were to say to you that Christianity ISN'T a religion of peace because of say, the destruction of the Amalekites? Isn't that comparable to genocide? What would our answer be?

I suggest watching his videos - don't comment if you don't want to... but feel free to.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TruthofthePeople
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down