Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for Sundays.

3 posters

Go down

Suggestions for Sundays. Empty Suggestions for Sundays.

Post  julian Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:11 am

Hey guys!

This was something I felt really necessary to post.

Today's worship ended up being great today... but as always, things can be done to make the service even better. And improvements always come! Smile Even the little things count - they make some things in the worship stand out. And I remember Isaac (correct me to rea if I'm wrong) mentioning that worship is the most important part of the Sunday service. We have such an honour and an opportunity to really come to God -lly reach back at him. I'm not planning to judge, since even I have things to work on! Smile

I think that since we left CCC, the congregation's activeness just reduced so much. It's always something that's been troubling my heart and it's something that I'd desire to have - even Billy hopes for that. And I remember Kevin mentioning we're such important role-models - leading by example, if I remember correctly.

Some things I would suggest (including to myself) - as GOALS -

- I have a strong feeling that prayer needs to take more time - I have the feeling that an atmosphere needs to settle in - I remember such a long time ago when we had such deep intimate prayer moments... I'd always cry with them even. That's the extent to how I always felt - it was such an awesome thing.

- How often do we even talk to the other members of the congregation? I know that a lot of them are really shy, but no one's really open unless you're closer to them... there are so many of the newer grade sevens and eights that we don't talk to. I mean, there's so much that needs to happen in the ministry... so much! And the more we wait, I think the longer it'll take for us to bond more!

- Maybe during slower songs, could we have those interludes of prayer? Something that'd make it so powerful... it'd be sooo cool!

- I'd personally like to see everyone lead prayer besides Kevin - I think we all should take consideration that we should act as leaders for God - I guess if praying isn't your thing, it's fine, but maybe it'd be a good suggestion? Everyone has their own different thing to say, and every word that comes out has meaning and has purpose! Smile

This is what I thought of just now. Add more! Smile

- Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Sundays. Empty Re: Suggestions for Sundays.

Post  Isaac Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:36 am

Correction:
i said "one of the most important"
not the most important

also about the prayer thing, i ve always felt that it was good to have one person consistently pray. For a few reasons:
1) the congregation follows a voice - and if one person prays all the time, they ll get used to that voice
2) generally someone is "gifted" in public prayer. some arent, if you are not then it would be odd to force one to pray in front of people
3) not everyone sings, and to go up to grab a mic might be disturbing

but valid points julian, this is just my opinion,
take it for what it is

p.s yeah you guys need to stop being clique - try not to sit together before. during, and after service
but you guys sounded sick today, no lies!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:43 am

Haha I agree with Isaac, gotta avoid being really cliquey.....
And also for prayers,even individual prayer on your own time is important! It's not about the atmosphere, or how intense it is, it's how much you really care and how true it is, coming from the heart. More than emotion we really have to mean what we pray!

You guys did an awesome job today~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:56 am

Forgot to add! I reaaaaally like how Julian is encouraging getting to know the younger kids and new students
After we leave these younger kids are the future of mial, so let's encourage them, and get to know them better! Let's help them out hahaha we're not too young to be mentors, share with them your experiences if they ever gave questions, I know that at other churches the younger kids always have so many questions. And all grade 7's and 8's are shy... So let's go to them first and welcome them and start the friendship Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down