Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 20

+3
josephpaik
Esther
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Feb 20 Empty Feb 20

Post  Kevin Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:28 pm

!@#
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Feb 20 Empty Re: Feb 20

Post  Esther Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Good job today, guys!

Anyway,
so, as we all know, today's sermon was based on John 3 where the famous verse John 3:16 can be found.
Moses talked a lot about how darkness should be avoided, as it is where we go to hide and that in the end, light always shines through. He also mentioned how Abraham had to give up his one and only son to God which seems to be an analogy of God giving up his one and only son for us.
He also talked about his own experiences with 'darkness' and how his mother always knew when he'd been on the computer. In the same way, God knows what we've been/are doing. We can't hide from him.

That's it! Have a good week and an especially good Family Day! (:

Last edited by Esther on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:38 am

Haha.

Todays Sermon was on John 3.
When i heard John 3 the verse that came out was 16. John 3:16 is probably the most important passage in the whole bible in terms of WHO God is and WHAT he really did for us.
God gave his one and only son to die for us (people who didnt know anything about him, didnt worship or love him.) It would be so hard to give up something that is your most prized possession. God gave his son. If i were to give away one of my most prized possessions, it would have to be for a good reason. God gave his son for a bunch of people who didnt know anything about God. I think we should just use our second chance to the best of our abilities.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:55 am

I found that I'd rather reflect on the Sunday Ohana group meetings as opposed to giving just a full biblical synopsis of the passage, but that's my thing.
Great work today everyone! Service was great, but we missed you, Billy. Sad

Nicodemus was a Pharisee and a member of the Jewish Ruling Council. He was just like Paul - people who were WISE - people who memorized the Torah, complete Jewish ministers - powerful in their religion and even politically. He had so much pride inside, and so it begs the question as to why Nicodemus would meet with Jesus at night. Really, Moses emphasized this verse: '19 - 21'.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.'

We all have things we go through, whether we like to admit them or not. But I mean, things that we don't want others to notice are kept out of the light - after all, light EXPOSES. Darkness CONCEALS. This is the main thing that really stood out to me. And this is my encouragement - that we'll have accountability partners for whatever things we go through - within this praise team. I mean, more than a band that we are, or even more than worship, we're brothers and sisters that want to worship so deep - with so much passion. These small things can bound us like crazy and put us away from God, and I guess that if we live by the truth and the way, we should act like it. I guess this is something to think about before you go to Bed... and I will too, of course!

Moses also talked a little bit about being reborn, but I don't really want to get too deep into it right now, hahahahah. I sorta forgot, I'll be honest about that.

I have a group project tomorrow (filming). Wish me luck then, and have an awesome night guys!

Food for thought: Memorize something in here that's not verse 16. My verse I'm promising to God would be verses 19 to 21.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:16 am

SO! today moses preached about john3 , more specifically, john 3:16, he really wanted us to know what this verse was actually saying. not just reciting it as we know it from the song. he really wanted to emphasize the fact that he gave his only begotten son, his most prized possesion to save us. THATs how much he loves us.
he also talked about the darkness, and how it "hides us" when were doing wrong things or sin. He says that God is the light and light always beats the darkness. So he said that we can't hide from God and we should be concsious of that. when Jesus, the light came into the world, men hated it becuase it exposed them, but a man who is unashamed and knows he lived a life for God, would step into the light.
soooo yeah! happy early family day guys! I love you
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:28 am

You gotta be frigging kidding me.
As soon as i clicked send, my internet went down......................
Ridiculous..
Alright I'll just repost what i said in a nutshell ahahha

So during the sermon we heard a lot about what God had done for us and how he gave up his son to die for our sins. I wanna share a little about what Martin said during small groups. God has 3 personalities and they are the spirit, the son, and God himself. When Jesus died for our sins, God in a sense gave himself to die for our sins. But what I think the significance was that he gave up himself in the form of a son to express his love for us. If anyone of us were given the choice to save a loved one in exchange for our lives, most of us (probably) would do it in a heartbeat. It goes to show how much we mean to God.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:34 am

Hey teammm! Typing this up on my cousins iPad! Haha so sickkkkk~
Good job today, for real you guys were great! Keep leading praise at ur 100% !!!!!

I liked how Moses mentioned that we all like to be in the dark. We try to hide our shame from God by staying out of the light, but really.... We all often forget that no matter what , God knows EVERYTHING! He knows all of your thoughts and every little detail about you. It's better that we come clean and lay it all down in front of him and repent. We also need to try to avoid doing those shameful things so that when God calls on us and brings us in front of him, then we can come out and say that everything we did was FOR him. And show him that we have nothing to hide.

John 3:16 is actually a really deep verse.... But we're so forced to memorize this verse that it makes it harder for us to digest how meaningful this verse really is!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Feb 20 Empty Feb 20

Post  Paul 폴 Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:55 am

Yo peops~~~
Kevin, I feel sorry for you.....
Good job today peops~~~ XD

So, Moses preached about John 3 this time, and John 3 was probably the only chapter in the whole Bible that got my FULL attention because of how deep and detailed it is about God and what he has done out of his love for us. The part where it really got to me was where Moses talked about us, as Christians, like to seek the darkness, because in reality, we think we just do it for fun, but when we think deeply about it, we really don't know the answer until someone shines the light on us. In this case, God shined his light on us and he showed us the answer and he showed us that we should seek light, not darkness. John 3:16 was the verse I was forced to memorize when I was little, so I didn't really understand it, and every time I read that passage, I would just skip it instead of breaking it apart and looking at the meaning, but as I read it now, I finally got to understand, even a little, that God loves us so much, it's incomparable to the love that we have for him.
Paul 폴
Paul 폴
minion

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum