Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY HEAD HURTS SO MUCH...

Go down

MY HEAD HURTS SO MUCH... Empty MY HEAD HURTS SO MUCH...

Post  Grace Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm

BUT i found something pretty interesting on facebook..
pretty much these 2 pastors i know.......... have a random video thing on youtube and they made a fanpage where they post em cause theyre so cool -.- hahhaa
but this girl left a comment on one of their videos.
it should not discourage you in any way... but it made me see things from a different perspective.
how non chrisitans look at our bible verses.. and it made me want to read the bible more and study it so that if i ever get something like this.. ill be ready and ill be able to share an answer that can prove that God is best Smile yeyeye ill also post the reply from the pastors...

"don't do it by your strength, don't do it by your abilities, but just trust in God and he'll take care of everything"

First off, nice video, but you can't be serious about this quote. "Not by might, not by power, but by the spirit of the Lord" may not be meant to be taken quite so literally. Trusting in God is nice and all, and I do believe that there has to be some higher power that can't be explained, but blindly trusting in whatever force it is doesn't seem like the best advice, especially for an exam. I'm a firm believer in preparation and training, and any success you have is a result of this. Sure, God may play a role in this, but in the end it happens by way of hard work and dedication. I'm no Bible expert, but what happed to " For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap"?
What you guys are talking about sounds more like luck, and we all know what luck is... when opportunity meets preparation.... See More
Sorry for the rant. I'm not by any means discounting the power of God or anything. As someone constantly put under the pressure of formal testing, comments like this seem to irritate me Smile

I guess just to reply to it... (first of all.. sorry for not commenting early and seeing this... we've been so crazy swamped its been nuts)...
but we too agree with discipline and preparation... When we talk about not by our strength but by HIS... its really US acknowledging that our very being and abilities would be nothing without God. We definitely have our own strength indeed but its when we trust in the strength of God to be use through us where we can see things happen beyond our human capabilities. Ive definitely experienced many times where i just keep DOING this and working and working and at some point i just DIE out cuz im so tired and burnt out... ... See More
And there are also times where there are hurdles that may seem so hard to overcome... but to know that we have the strength of God and amazing abilities given by Him that we CAN do it... not by knowing that I CAN myself.. but by trusting in the God's strength

Here's Isaiah 40
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

We trust in our God cause we will then last... school, work, jobs, and all that stuff is secondary purposes... Our primary is to spread the good news of God and at times, its like the hardest thing =P and requires strength from more than ourselves..
[/color]

I could not agree with you more. In fact, with my youth, I constantly stress that success is built by hard work and effort. If we just throw our hands up in the air and blindly think, "Oh I don't have to do anything b/c God's going to take care of it" more often than not, we'll come face to face with a harsh reality.If you look at what we're talking about before, you'll see that Darrick is mentioning a book on discipline, and discipline is something that YOU, (we) (humans) have to practice. And also, I was mentioning that I'd been attending early morning prayer meeting when I was focusing on this Bible passage.... See More
I had to work to wake up that early, and get to the church to participate in the early morning meeting. BUT what I quickly realized was that, on top of my hardwork/sacrifice/effort there was an external force encouraging me as well.
We believe that as Christians, we have been given the qualities and characteristics and opportunities to succeed at something. If we want to do well on a test, the things required have been provided for us. eg. a brain, study time. So much of the work is on us.
BUT we also believe that on top of that we have a wellspring of love,support,strength and that is God. And often, when we're feeling like we don't have a chance, it is God who can help us pull through.
Let me finish with one more example. There have been times in my life where I feel like I should just give up on something, but then the love and support of friends,family, and other loved ones have spurred me on to complete the task. Maybe, this is what a relationship with God sometimes looks like.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum