Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEY STOP THE BUS

+2
Kevin
JacobPk
6 posters

Go down

HEY STOP THE BUS Empty HEY STOP THE BUS

Post  JacobPk Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Hey Guys, take the time to do your own devos for today and tomorrow we'll be starting a new book.
check your email later tonight for it!
dun dun dun!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

HEY STOP THE BUS Empty Re: HEY STOP THE BUS

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 pm

So today i read psalms 70 and it was talkng about how God can give us troubles sometimes.
But then, he'll restore us again.
I think that the reason being for all of this is that God wants us to grow strong spritually and rely on him.
God wants us to be less dependant on the world and more dependant on him.
That is why we pay tithe. It is so that we wont have to rely on money so much isntead of God.
So whenever we feel mad at god, because we all do at some point in our week, he might be causing it just because he loves us, not to hinder us.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:59 pm

hello Smile
so i actually had a good start to my week , and i just got a bunch of work done and worked out for a good 50 minutes Very Happy yeee i feel accomplished HAHA but the down side...... i think im like on the verge of getting sick -.-
another bright sideeee , i think i found my semi dress , yeaaah ! HAHHA either way yes.. and i hate how facebook keeps changing like majorly.. i cant keep up anymore... -.-

for todays devo... i didnt read a specific verse or anything, but today me and my dad were talking about fasting. He was telling me about it and what it stood for. I'm thinking of fasting one meal a day and just give that time where I usually eat to pray and spend some more time with God. Lately I haven't been feeling that hunger for God, and I think it would be a good idea to do it. Obvi because im still growing i wont be like fasting all day or for 40 days like Jesus, but I think for a week, I'll take some time to pray over stuff and sort of seek God in a new way, asking for guidance and help. I've been thinking of switching the major i was going to pursue in uni... so i need to start thinking of a new career path and one where God will help me you know? Lots of stuff to think about lately... so i need time to vent...
anyway yes, for todays devo, nothing big.. but I thought i would share Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:12 am

sorry i didnt do my devos yesterday, i slept at 6 and woke up this morning

after i finish my notes, ill post my devos !
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 am

I read psalms 139 today...

it's poem actually and it was rele funny cuz we had to do like this
show and tell for my 1st period... u have to choose a song or a poem that represents you,
a literary object or a book u studied, and a object that represents u. and the literary object
that i chose was the bible and i brought it today... I was the only one that brought it also
out of 30. and the leader of out school's Christian Fellowship didnt bring anything like it also...
Not to show off and i told the class that it's rele important and alot of it also is a poem and this
chapter was a poem.

Ah crap. I read this chapter and right after, i jst had a talk with my friend and jst rele stressed out.
ummm, yea she's getting addicted to drugs right now and i cant stop thinking about that right now.
she believes in god and i told her i was gonna pray for her. She's a VERY VERY close friend of mine and
i think i'm gonna have a long talk with god right now...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:03 am

C.S LEWIS

the reason why i read so many of his books is because he asks very harsh questions, interprets the Bible as a whole, and connects you with God.

He said we NEED Jesus, and anything else is death. It doesnt matter if we did humanitarianism or drugs, murder or helping, doctor or crooked businessman. "Does it matter to a man dying in the desert by which choice of route he missed the only well?"

sick quote

anyway, good night guys
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:14 am

Sorry guys i know this is late. but now that i have first period spare my schedule is messed up. haha my naps are going out of control too. and i had the most unproductive day, EVER.

Today i really started thinking about all of the things that i hate doing but force myself to do, all because itll be 'good for me' and will 'give me options later' and all that stuff. and im slowly starting to realize that its all a load of bull. Cause at the end of the day, all those things do is make me miserable, try to force me to become something im not, stress me out, but most importantly, fill me with pride.
im slowly learning to let those things go so that i can grow and develop as a person - not someone that just looks good on paper.
because God really doesn't care about any of those things. so then why should we?
hmm this is something im really gonna have to think about for a while. this is just the way ive lived for as long as i can remember that itll be hard to let go of some of the things that i used to think 'defined me'. pft.
quitting debate tmrw. ahha thatll be intersting.

have a great tuesday, everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: