Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dec 6

+3
Grace
Isaac
JacobPk
7 posters

Go down

Dec 6 Empty Dec 6

Post  JacobPk Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:44 pm

i like that teamwork combo sermon of the theme "Story".
it's not something we hear so it was interesting for me actually haha.
Sam put it nicely: This is God's story and we get to be part of it"
That actually sent me the tingles.
I don't know, it's true, stories are always connected and it leads to one thing or another.

now my question for us is: How can we make God's story better? hahahahaha..
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Dec 6 Empty Re: Dec 6

Post  Isaac Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:49 pm

when sammy said that even the "heroes" of the Bible are just one big part of the main story, it put everything into perspective.

Also when he said to always tell stories, i think its important to always share and tell stories. Telling stories is how people used to do it, and theres this special bond that comes from it

have a good week guys

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

i liked what pauline shared today about family and influence. I could relate to what she was talking about. How we need to honour our parents, but still put God's will first. I know that for me, my parents puts the bar up HIGH, they like having kids who are the best of the best in whatever they do..... grades... dont even get me started Razz and yeah like its important to make them happy , but if it isnt what God wants us to do, is it still honouring them?

also i liked what pastor sammy shared Smile
we share devos, but it would be sick if we just shared like things that happened, tell eachother about spiritual stories. Like everyone walks a different path with God, and a lot of people can relate with you! It's pretty sick hearing the different ways God works in everyones lives.
we are all intertwined in God's web. My story is the praise teams story, the praise teams story is milal's story, our church's story is God's story! We are all different bodies, but we're all brothers and sisters in Christ with the same ultimate common thing , which is God!

so its snowing in Barrie...
hope it doesnt get really icy and stuf... oi :S

have a good week guys !
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:47 pm

I liked how sam mentioned that our stories, are connected to our parents stories.
Our parent's stories are connected to their parent's stories and it goes on until it comes to God.
All of our stories are connected with God.
There will always be bad stories and memories but there will also be great stories and memories
Let's try to keep in mind that the good stories are the ones that God wants to see us sharing.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:22 am

Hello guys!!
I DROPPED MY STICKS!!! ARG!! AND MY CHAIR!!
well today's sermon was somewhat interesting...
I'm not a middle child so i dunt kno how pauline feels
but i kno that FAMILY is a big influence in our lives...
WE LIVE with them... It may seem like we may not be
influenced by them but without them, we would be a
completly different person... And how sam said about how
we are all small parts in god's story!! We're all CHARACTERS
IN GOD'S STORY!!! When i read books or comic books or anything
like that, I always wanted to be those characters and if u
think about it, We are ALL THOSE CHARACTERS!!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:25 am

Allan's logic

Spanish=Douche
England=Douche
France=Douche

I really liked the stories. We all have a story to share, and ultimately we are part of God's great story. Stories in general bring people close, becasue something about sharing your life to people, comforting and you can relate to. I think maybe that is why Jesus used many stories in his teachings. lol
In the end our lives become a part of God's huge massive story WOAH!

lol that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:42 pm

wait a minute... why didnt my thing post?
GRRRRRRRRRRRR
hahha k i just caught it now. but i did post last night. weird. pretty much i talked about pauline's message about family - and how i liked the way that she said that you're not honouring your parents by obeying everytying they say, if it gets in the way of God's purpose for you. Cause we have to keep in mind that our parents are human too - they make mistakes and nothing that they say is absolute - the only person that is absolute is God.
And I also talked about Sammy's message about our 'bigger stories'. Remember how frustrated we were sometimes when we were reading Samuel? As I think Jacob or Isaac said once you have to look at the Old Testament as a whole - and from there you learn the lessons and learn the significance of each event. Kinda like our lives. Sometimes we don't understand why something happened, and our daily events seem insignificant - but if you look at the big picture and think about it like 'OUR STORY' then its easier to put things into perspective and have more understanding and trust for God's will in our lives - becuase our story, is really God's story.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum