Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nov 15

+2
Grace
Billy Kim
6 posters

Go down

Nov 15 Empty Nov 15

Post  Billy Kim Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Hey guys, I think we did a goood job today.
Jacob, we missed you and cathy said she feels like
we newbies are younger without you. Iunno wat she said
but w.e HAHA

Today's sermon was kinda unique cuz i dont think we had any other
sermones like these b4... today's sermon had a very basic message also...
he started with a slide show and the only thing i realized was about the
12 disicples... After jesus had died, they earned spiritual powers from god
along with the other 120 people that were there in the church... but the
thing is EVERY disciples went to travel and to spread the words of god and
EVERYbody except for one disciple were executed for spreading the word of
god... One of them was SKINNED to death for spreading the word of god.
This RELE showed the commitment they had to jesus... Just like the girl
who was shot in school for saying she believed in god... If we were commited
like the disciples and like the girl in the school, we may also be able to turn
a Tribe in a jungle that were first cannibals and sinners to believers of christ...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Nov 15 Empty Re: Nov 15

Post  Grace Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:14 pm

habakkuk 2:14
i remember doing that verse for a do your own devo couple months ago... hahaha
i really like how he said that everyone has their own part, and without the background help, the people that go out and do the actual mission cant do anything.
there are so many great people who went out to spread the gospel, and we should be like them Very Happy
that video he showed us was really powerful. it really shows you first hand how powerful God's impact is on people. How awesome He really is.

we must go- Tim Hughes keeps coming to my head. "we must go, live to feed the hungry, stand beside the broken, we must go. stepping forward keep us from just singing, move us into action, we must go" something like that Smile
and everlasting God- Newlife worship, because i realized through the history that God never changes, He is always the same, He doesnt change and He is everlasting! He is just as kind, powerful, and loving as always and His mission is the same "one day His glory will cover this earth, like the water covers the oceans"
"you never change, youre still the same, you are the everlasting God."
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:33 pm

Hey guys! ughh i just got nothing done since i got home from church..
and now im just tired and wanna take a nap.. wow im a useless human being
but anyways i really liked pastor denis' sermon today.. lol it was like history class + church + lots of fun pictures:)
it was really cool to look at christianity from the beginning, when God created the world all the way to how the gospel spread all over the world! When going through the thousands and thousands of years that it took, it made me really grateful that i GET to be a christian, and that i was lucky enough that someone shared the gospel with me.. Especially when you think about all the people that sacrificed their lives to spread the gospel, and even to simply believe! (think christians in lion den).. This makes me realize that Christianity is a privillege, and I realize how easy it is for us to be a Christian... No one's going to shove us in a lion's den or kill us or fire us for being Christian (all because of HUMAN RIGHTS LEGISLATURE.. right capitalist-isaac?)
But STILL we seem to have such troubles keeping our faith strong, defending it, strenghtening it, and spreading it.. And I think it's because we're so used to our lives being so comfortable.. So the littlest bit of criticism or scoffing or jokes taht we get for being christian or trying to evangelize hurts us because we're all so sensitive.. hahaah
But yeah today's sermon really inspired me to be more courageous - to be proud that im a christian, and to make an effort to share the gospel; not all of us have it in us or are caleld to go into the jungle and spread the gospel to cannibuls.. but we can all contribute somehow! Smile

have a GREEATTT WEEK everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:56 pm

I have nothing but respect for missionaries. im talking MAJOR respect.
Especially those who shared the gospel before it was popular or mainstream. Think about it for a minute... imagine someone came and said "theres this guy that died not too long ago and he does some cool things" YEA SKETCHY... and the guy telling you has a purple skin tone... MORE SKETCHY. Thats what it was probably like for Koreans, Japanese, Africans, pretty much everyone who wasnt aware at the time of Jesus' work.

The history of the world (pretty much), in terms of Christianity, really does layout God's plan from the start. This was one of the best topics ive heard in a while! It made things a lot simpler ahaha with a chronological picture power point :p

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Heyy i really like Dennis sermon today. He talked alot about how missionaries had affected and changed lives. I think its amazing that the missionaries chose to give up their lives for random people just so people can see god through them. Dennis mentioned that God called everyone to do something for him, but it doesn't have to do with being a missionary. It's just the little things that people can see Jesus through us.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:08 am

Cool powerpoint

I really liked today's sermon because you have so many "oh right!" moments. It was a clear representation of God, and the works his followers have achieved. Peter, Thomas, Luther, and many others took the initiative to do well, and spread the message. These people were inspired to spread the gospel around the world, or change Christianity entirely. They went into unknown territory, knowing nothing, but they still went to share the good news, and some even died. Because of missionaries koreans were able to hear about God, thank you. It might be not so obvious for the missionaries, but generations to come, they will learn about God from an young age

k that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down