Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nov 8

+3
Grace
Isaac
Cathy
7 posters

Go down

Nov 8 Empty Nov 8

Post  Cathy Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:16 pm

So in the time that you're all at church.. I've decided to do my devos..

Today I read from Galatians 6

14May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which[b] the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
You know, being sick.. really humbled me. I know it's, weird, but it really did. Cause when I was lying in bed with a fever and couldn't get up, I was so DEPENDENT on everyone around me. 'UMMA I'm thirsty' 'UMMA I'm hungry' and so on. I couldn't do my homework, study for upcoming tests, etc. And I relied A LOT on my viceprez this week to cover me for some stuco stuff. And with church, I couldn't make to practice, couldn't post devos for days, and even now I'm sitting at home while.. you guys are all praising and practicing...All because of a miniscule bacteria thing that's not even big enough for us to SEE.
Isn't that crazy? That everything that makes up my life - everything that takes up my time, that I enjoy doing or take pride in doing, or whatever can be so easily taken away... I know it sounds like im overexagerrating my sickness. I wasn't actually that sick, but you know what i mean.. metaphorically.. how the littlest thing can take away so much.. And usually, it's all those things that we're often so proud of and can boast about.. Like doing well in school, or being involved in church or school, etc. And that's why this verse reminded me of this because it tells us not to boast. we can't possibly boast because of those things, because as much as we may say that it was all us that got those marks, or did all that, or plays piano or guitar for praise team, it's really all God. Because without him we're just. sick and frail and weak (metaphorically, again, spiritually.. ) I know like. EVERYONE'S sick, so let's all use this as a humbling experience.. To remember that it's not us and our own power that keeps us going and accomplishing all these things in our day-to-day lives.. But that all the power lies in God, so if we're gonna boast about anything or anyone, it should be about God. Smile So let's remember this even when we're all healthy and ready to go!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Nov 8 Empty Re: Nov 8

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Honestly, Saiyah's worship workshop was amazing...
My conception of worship was blown to bits, and the after talk was also great!

One thing stuck out, when he said something about God's grace and how we return with worship.
Also when he talked about "worshiping being a "tragedy" That makes sooo much sense, yet i never thought of it like that in God's point of view...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:54 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhh i missed the workshop Sad
how was it guys ?
physio was just awesome ...... NOT ! Smile HAHAHAHA

todays sermon was great , i really saw a different meaning to missions.
i went on my first one to mdp this past summer, and i had an awesome time
and i was really happy when i reflected on my visit, because i was able to share the word with this girl Jessica !
I think im going to have to remember that. when i go, ill need to remember that im not just there to help and have a good time, but i also need to go there and help others see who God is. Spread the message, and just be able to let God use me for whatever situation He's ready to put me in !
"missions is just temporary, but worship is always going to be around. Because God will always be around" love it
worship should be our lives. we should be worshiping God every second of the day!
My mentor asked me once... "can you worship God by eating an apple?" and first i was like "WHAT?" and appernetly that was his reaction too when he first heard the question... but you really can Smile we can thank and worship God through whatever we do. We need to remember that we are always surrounded by His glory and presence and so we need to praise Him all the time!

see you guys next weeeeekkkkkk !
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:32 pm

ahha so ill wrote about what sayah shared because we missed a good chunk of dennnis' sermon.

I liked how sayah shared about how God does things for us and helps us out. Two examples were Adam and Eve, God gave them clothes but they didn't ask for it. Cain killed Abel so God gave Caine proteection even though he didn't ask for it. God is always looking out for us. He's always thinking about us. I realized im not thinking about God as much as he thinks about us. I can put more effort into paying attnetoin to him cause he deserves it and he does that and more for us.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:20 am

yah, from now on lets go straight to the chairs even though we're leaking juice from our bodies!

Yes i really learned alot about worship, esepcially the intimacy we once had, but now it's a tragedy
we have to CALL on God when before it wasn't like that. Oh how i fantasize sometimes!
I think we as a praise team should be more open to worshipping aswell, your relationship with God is far greater than anything, wouldn't
you want to show it off by raising your hands and singing to God? Praise Him, Love Him, Worship Him because he is worthy of all praise.
we were called to do this, remember that as leaders!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:20 am

hey guys!!! Man, sam was right about how he says sayah knows alot more about god
than we do... All this time, i thought that sam was jst saying that and now I actually believe
that Sayah know alot more... Plus, Isaac doesn't know how to spell 'Sayah'!!! HAHA

Man, when he said worship was a Tragedy to god, I was like "WAIT WAT??" in my mind....
Because that was what we were all doing for the WHOLE TIME!!! Worship meant like when
people called to the lord... It meant that when we started to move further to god, worshipping
meant that we called god for help... That's why it was a tragedy... Man, That is DEEP!!! but, that
never meant that we should stop worshipping GOD!!! That's the only thing that keeps us close with
god right now and we all kno that God doesn't want to lose us... And the after talk about how Hell and
Heaven was RELE interesting... I could rele write anything down about the sermone cuz we missed
more than half of it... HAHA and Also, how Sayah said that we get to worship with music!! Something
thats sooo holy, I rele liked it when he said that... We should have ohanna more often...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:37 am

Hello guys, I just downloaded guitar effects into my computer, so I can finally practice without a amp. YES HOORA!

I really liked Sayah's workshop, becasue it made you think in ways you never did before. Worship was a tragedy, becasue we had to call out to hear God. But, that's what it is a tragedy, we now have to ask to be able to hear God, It is so true. What are we doing every time we worship in our lives, we are crying out for God. Worship is so important, and today we got to see again the importance and meaning of worship.

Also God was always there to rebuild a relationship with us. He always take the initiative even though its us who screws up, he reaches out first

well that is all...omg there is a wah wah effect

lol k c ya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content