Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nov 1

+3
Isaac
Grace
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Nov 1 Empty Nov 1

Post  Kevin Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Q--('.'Q)
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Nov 1 Empty Re: Nov 1

Post  Kevin Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:40 pm

I really liked Sams sermon today. It sucks he's leaving.

What i got was that we should be who we really are. Don't act dfferent in different places but be who we are everywhere. We sing that song For who you are and it's about us loving and worshipping God for who he is. It's like the same for God. He loves us for who we are no matter what so we can act the way we really are. God doesn't want to see a different side of us but he wants to see the true side of us.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:33 pm

djsakldjasidunvdhsjadhajhad i mised sams last week Sad

i cant do sunday reflections so ill post up a self devo !

"blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" Matthew 5:10

in the bible a lot of christians suffered because they believed in God and refused to worship other gods. people thought that they were so superior and killed a lot of righteous people. Those people thought that they determined life and death. but really once we leave this world, Jesus is the one who determines who lives and dies (heaven and hell) . We're going to struggle, theres no doubt about it. With faith, comes doubt, and a lot of spiritual struggles. But we have assurance and we know that we have somewhere to go. That once we leave this earth we get to be with God in His eternal kingdom Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:42 pm

Ohhh thats why we didnt see you today!

Sam talked about being fake. Even in churches, cliques still appear, and people still act like someone who they arent. Sometimes for selfish personal reasons, sometimes in hopes to protect God's image. Like if i were a heavy drug addict, but didnt show it, im still "faking" but im trying to be a good image.
Im not justifying being fake, im just pointing out an example that does happen a lot at our church.

Hopefully im very, as sam would say, "transparent" with you guys. Even though i dont tell you secrets (which dont need to be told in all reality...) i dont act like someone else. Even though, sometimes, i can be very... strict? that is who i am =D so deal with it KEVIN and stop crying you dumb noob

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:24 pm

Me too, i think i am who i am with you guys. I'm not goody goody all the time as well.
I like the thought of being real, its so simple yet so hard. LIke its easy being YOU but its alot harder to be transparent and being able to share stuff with other people. BUt will work on it!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:50 pm

KEEP IT REAL, MAN.
i really really liked sam's sermon today. i think it's especially hard for us as praise leaders to keep it REAL because.. like isaac mentioned in his devos, people dont necessarily fake it because they're 'selfish', but it can also be because they're trying to protect the image of God and of christians alike..
Like if Jacob was a heavy drug addict, it'd be hard for him to come out and share it with the church cause people would be like. 'YO OUR PRAISE LEADER IS A HEAVY DRUG ADDICT! CHRISTIANITY SUCKS!'
haha extreme example.. i really hope none of us are heavy drug addicts.. but if you are lets talk about it. Smile
But yeah in the end there's no point of faking our spirtual lives, because we're not fooling ourselves and we're DEFINETLY not fooling God. And the fact that people fake it is a testament to the lack of trust and community there is.. Thinking about it I think I'm pretty transparent with you guys.. except i think im more manly at school (haha thats so sad... the cathy you see is the feminized cathy.. but its just to BALANCE OUT THE TESTOSTERONE!) hahah
on a serious note i think that's something our praise team can always work on! maybe bring back the temperature checks and stuff so we all are in tune with how we're all doing!

lalalala have to finish my wendy's scholarship application. have a great week everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:59 pm

Hey guys, Went rele well today, and woke up from my nice beauty sleep.
probably doing an all nighter cuz i have lots of work to do.. HAHA
Man i hate school...

Wow, sam's seromone today... HAHA showing your true self... HAHA I kno that
somepeople act like a completly different person when they come to church...
Okay guys, i have to tell u the truth, I USED to be a different guy in school and
church... I would be this guy who wouldnt swear or like talk bad stuff about others
at church but be this evil guy at school but i have to say, I changed... I fixed my
swearing habits and i dont act differently... HAHA... And i can also tell some people
in our church did that as well... Some people admitted about their drug problems and
other problems they face when people in our church didnt even kno... To be honest
with you guys... God used to be more strict in the old days... Like if we sin, he would
always forgive us but in the verse that sam read, it says he was killed after he lied
to the church... WOW
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:11 am

I am so confused so we gain an hour or lose, becasue it says you guys all posted yesterday, but its 11 now and I am not sure....AGHHH STUPID FARMERS!

anyways it is really hard to be real to your peers and to yourself, becasue sometimes you are afraid to be you. This was exactly me when I first joined the praise team, so I know this first hand. I tried to be someone I wasn't and it just caused problems. Sorry Roh I left you out. Anyways bottom line is be yourself yah we are cautious at first but also learn to trust others I know in today's world that is a very hard thing to but learn to open up

K BI
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:13 am

we gain.
it all says "today at xx:xx"
your comp is weird allan
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:14 am

the heck the yesterdays turned to todays all of a sudden WTH
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:15 am

yea... day light savings

i guess the forum decided to wait now to change it. Like an hour before 12am (tomorrow) to change to 11 pm
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: