Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

september 13

+3
Isaac
Kevin
Grace
7 posters

Go down

september 13 Empty september 13

Post  Grace Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:59 pm

hello Smile
aweeee the new grade 7's are so cuteee ! HAHAHHA

okay so i loveddddd todays sermon
and i really like how Sam talked about the book of revelations because, barley any pastors actually preach on that ...
so i like how sam pointed out that verse and said "you're just like anyone else if you dont love God." which is true
even satan believes that there is a God, that there is Jesus that He came down and died for us etc etc
and we may belive in God, we may do good deeds, but what good is it if we dont LOVE God ?
We're not going to get into heaven for our good deeds, we need to love God and love our neighbors and really live the way we should

i thought it through during the service and i fely guilty....
so many times i use God, and I just see Him as my provider. Whatever I need, God can provide .
I thank Him, and I say i love Him, but i dont know how many times it actually comes from the heart .

He loved us first, we need to love him tooooo !

have a good week back at school !
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

september 13 Empty Re: september 13

Post  Kevin Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:29 pm

ughh so school tomorrow..
anyways what i learned in sams sermon was that if we don't love God, it doesn't matter how GOOD we are. So my number one priority in life is to love God. Today I learned how important love is. Especially for God. It doesn't matter if we're christian, if we don't love God, we're normal people.

haha thats not alot but it's what seemed most important for me today!!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:13 pm

hey guys,
the main thing i got and that made we think was loving God. Loving and having a relationship with God is the only thing separating us from any other religion.

oh man im pooped... i had a sick nap on my bed in an awkward position... aha
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey guys, back to the basics for this sermon, but it did speak volume!
I learned that God is a relational God, and we can't enter God's kingdom if we don't believe we are accepted and sometimes we forget the basics so it was good to be reminded again. Also i read a sentence from a Christian book yesterday while we were C S Lewis shopping and i came by this "We are IN sin even when we are at our best" At first i didn't get it..., but i realized that myself as a person is sinful, unclean and i will NEVER be cleansed because i am imperfect. Even though i am not sinning, the idea of me as a person is a sin. because i am not 100% clean in God's eyes. So unless we realize that we are accepted and ACCEPT it as well, we are lost. We accept the fact that God accepted us as a sinful person. yeee
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:36 pm

Today, the message was basically that if we don't love God, that nothing that we do means anything.. And even though it seems like basic Christianity, it scares me a lot when I start thinking about all the really really realy GOOD people that i know that aren't chrisitian.. It boggles my mind to think that even though some of these people are more righteous, charitable, kind, etc. etc. than any of us, that come judgement day, they will not be allowed to enter the kingdom of God simply becuase they didn't belive in our God. This realization encourages me to do two things:
1) Evangelize more! Since it kills me to think that I won't be seeing some of them in heaven, I'm a lot more motivated to share God's love with them so that they can really know who jesus is
and 2) Be more of a God-lover myself! Seomtimes we do get too busy focusing on 'being good' and all that.. When really at the end of the day none of that matters if we didnt do it all out of love for God. So let's remmerb taht we start a brand new week!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:29 am

What is love
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
no more

lol sry I had to...

Love is everything! Yah we hear it often, but it really is simple as that. Love defines Christianity. lol there are people who aren't Christians that we can learn from. Humble, loving, etc. aren't bounded to those who have a relationship with God. I guess in a way there is a false persona of Christians to be 24/7 holy. I have my short-comings and I am never going to be perfect. Love defines us as believers, and we should practice it becasue knowing and doing it is different things.

lol k that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:14 am

hey guys, i wasn't here today so i'm going to do my own devos today... HAHA better than nothing right?? plus i'm rele excited for fri cuz i've been practising alot... Praise god!! HAHA

I read psalm chapter 141 and little more, HAHA, this chapter was about king David.. I'm sure you guys all kno the story about King David, and we even used to watch the movie of King David before we came to hi-c altho it was kind of innaproporiate... but this was when david had one of he's roughest times and he was praying to god. And if you read on alittle more than that, well alot more than that or if you kno the story, God helps him out and gets him out of trouble all the time... and if you kno the story of david, he wasn't those worshiper that was non sinful, he had lots of blood in he's hands of non worshipers and sin many times, and also disobeyed god... but god never let him go and still helped him out... now, us knowing that he will never let us go, we shouldn't take advantage of that and worship him like always. God will always help us in the time of need. But lets not be like david in this way but also learn from king david's mistake.... HAHA
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down