Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 4 (Aug 27)

+3
Grace
Kevin
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 4 (Aug 27) Empty 1 Corinthians 4 (Aug 27)

Post  Isaac Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:09 pm

"if i were gay, i would give you my heart.. but im not gay,, so get your hands out of my pants.."
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 4 (Aug 27) Empty 1 Corinthians 4

Post  Kevin Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:59 pm

haha hey everyone I came back from camping yesterday and it was sickk! It was a such a great experience and we caught fish and I scaled some of it and my hands smelled sooo bad for the rest of that day....

5 So don't make judgments about anyone ahead of time—before the Lord returns. For he will bring our darkest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. Then God will give to each one whatever praise is due.

So that verse made me realize that judging was meant for God. So I don't have the right to judge someone by how he/she acts or what they do because that's what God does. The last part of that verse says "Then God will give to each one whatever praise is due" This made me realize God judges about our sins but he also judges us through the good things we do. So he will acknowledge the good things we have done instead of only finding our sins. Positive thinking huh?

That's what I got from this chapter, see all of you tomorrow! Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 4 (Aug 27) Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 4 (Aug 27)

Post  Grace Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:37 pm

heyyyy team !
okay so i think i can go to practice tomorrow.... for a couple hours

@ work today i had to teach this level 1 class and a kid in grade 2 kept crying because he was scared to go into the baby pool... my patience was tested . hahaha but work was pretty good,

so in corinthians chapter 4 i really liked verses 1-5 it talks about judgment. In this world, we try so hard to please others. We try to please as many people as we can and impress them. We put in so much effort so that we can be liked by others and be seen in a positive way, but it says here. It doesnt matter about any of the earthly things, we're only here to impress one. Christ. We only need to make this one happy, to impress this one. Because in the end, the only judgment that matters is the judgment from God. So lets not get distracted by earthly things, and try our best to please God!

remember we're not here to be people pleasers, we're here to please God : )

have a good day guys, im off for sushi , late dinner with the lifeguards hahaa
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:10 pm

LALALA cant wait for practice tmrw.. first in like two months! YEEE

haha so today we read from 1 corinthians 4.. and what stodd out to me was the stuff paul said about judging.

In verse 3 he says: 3I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court;
I think this is an attitude that more of us need to practice.. Because when we constantly live with fear that people are judging us, it restrains us in so many ways.. It stops us from being who we really are, and this fear can make us do things or say things or even be someone that we're not.. And as much as this sounds like a really lame highschool 'be yourself' kind of rant, i still think that it's so important, becuase God made all of us special and very different.. But also having fear of others' judgement is usually what stops us from being the best Christians we can.. We often get scared to evangelize in case the people we talk to will say no and think we're freaks.. But as soon as we adopt Paul's attitude, i think there's so much more than we can do for Christ..

Also in verse 4 he says "Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes".. This reminds us that we, also, do not have the right to judge anything or anyone.. Because the only person that can judge is God..

wow i just read everyone else's devos and we all talked about the exact same thing.. hahahah
ohh welll! dont judge! haha Razz
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:35 pm

waddup hommies?
" For what gives you the right to make such a judgment? What do you have that God hasn’t given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift?"
The term "give and take away" was one that boggled my mind as a kid. Why would God take away? thats meaan.... but its to humble us and for our greater good. God gave us musical talents, some more than others, but nevertheless gifts! But as easily as it was given to us, it can be taken away... I heard lots of stories, even MET someone who felt what happens when God takes away... its not pretty.... so be humble, and use your gifts knowing its from God!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:35 pm

haha i can't sleep. i'm sweaty. it's greaaaat.

So, yah i learned pretty much what you guys learned haha. Don't judge others, but i think it goes beyond that. We usually say"don't judge others" and leave it at that, but i think i'll challenge myself and say"dont' judge others...AND get to know them so that they can know CHrist through you" It's a challenge for me, btu i think we often leave things unsettled. I want us to not only be the praise team, btu the people who hold the ministry, lead the ministry, welcome the ministry and do all that good stuff. You guys pretty much covered it for me Smile
i shall see you tomorrow
i'm dyinggg...
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:45 am

1 Corinthians 4

From this chapter, I think I learned how to be more like Christ a little bit more. You guys already talked about not judging others or their motives as it isn't our place to have opinions about those things. I think it's so hard in the world that we live in not to classify people into categories; I feel that it is easy for us to even judge the people at church and how much they serve.

v.15, 16: "Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. Therefore I urge you to imitate me." The last part of these two verses really taught me about displaying the Christ in us through our actions and the way we live. One thing that my parents always tell me to do is to naturally reveal God through every thought and action of mine. And I think that they're right. We can vocalize our faith and tell people about the amazing God, but when we show our patience, love and humility that we learn through being in the Word and growing through Christ, I think that people in the world will be all the more convinced and affected to believe that it is only through believing our Savior that we are this way.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:27 am

OMGOODNESS!!!, u jst finished writting my devo but i clicked the pic of me on top by accident and i have to restart it... *sigh... here i go... AGAIN...

This chapter teaches a very important life lesson... the whole bible is about life lessons towards christ... haha well, in the chapter, verse 3 really caught my eyes today. "I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself." Basically, ignore what other people say about u or gossip about u cuz it's not rele important... don't even judge urself cuz it wont do anything, heck makes things worse... in the end, all that judging will come from christ himself. and all those who judged will suffer alot from the judgment of christ...

also, pride, cockiness... Is that a word?? anyways u kno wat i mean... Don't show off because of the things u posses or the things that u have that others dont have... all the things that u have right now is from god which means that u did not get it urself... if u want to show off, show off about how great our god is... he gave u everything and even made u, so go out and thank god and preach about our god...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down