Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWOSDAY

2 posters

Go down

TWOSDAY Empty TWOSDAY

Post  Cathy Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:06 pm

chapter TWOO aon a TUESSDAYY
its TWOOSSDAY!
hahaha. im brilliant

19" If you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— 21you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself?"
This entire chapter dsicussed hypocrisy a lot. The chapter starts off by explaning that we, who are imperfect judge others, and in doing so, we judge ourselves because we commit the exact same sins and we make the same mistakes. (Take out the plank in thine eye) Then in these three verses Paul writes that we so often claim to be the teachers, the guides, the light of others. But then we dont take the time to teach ourselves.. This goes back to the idea of hypocrisy, in which we claim that others are sinful and shoudl be living in a certain way whereas we dont ourselves. And this is a huge part of our Christian walk and our role as leaders within our church. Whether we like it or not, people look u p to thsoe in the praise team and the leadership team... And because of this we have a huge responsibility of being good examples. We can't possibly lead others if we too are blind. And thats why its so crucial that we have this kick-butt forum to do our devos and keep each other in check. As praise team, how can we be encouraging people to worship if we don't live worshipful lives (Rules of Rohan: Always Worship.. aka AW) Same goes for leadership - how can you lead others to live holy lives if you don do it yourself? The same idea came up during missions training - how can we go u p and tell the natives to read the bible everyday if we dont do it ourselves?
So let's keep up with our devos, pray on a daily basis, and act righteoussely so that we may be good examples - that in us people can see Jesus and notice that we really are different from the rest of the non-Christian world Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

TWOSDAY Empty Re: TWOSDAY

Post  dennis Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 pm

I don't have a lot to say about today's passage, but I learned that God looks at our hearts and our genuine faith in Him. Paul talks about obeying the law rather than knowing the law, and I realized that it's not enough to read the Bible. Through analyzing and reflecting on how these passages relate to our lives, we learn to obey the law and live according to God's will. What God truly wants, I think, is for us to process what we read and apply it to our lives- through our actions and words.

I think I have a hard time putting what I learn into action even when I go deeper into these chapters and find verses to which I can relate. Hopefully, doing devos everyday will push me more and more to live according to the God's will.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum