Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEVOTIONS Thursday !!!!!!!

+5
Roh
Allan
Suji
JacobPk
Joseph
9 posters

Go down

DEVOTIONS Thursday !!!!!!! Empty DEVOTIONS Thursday !!!!!!!

Post  Joseph Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Hello everyone, how are u all doing..hope everything is working our well for you guys..anyways i did my devotions on Ephesians Chapter 2.

Ephesians 2

For it is grace you have been saved through faith and this not from yourselves it is the gift of God, not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do.

So in this passage it is telling us that we are saved through faith. It is a gift from God. He has given you faith, and that faith brought grace and peace to this world and in your minds. So basically in this chapter i learned that God created us for a reason. Just like in verse 10 it says the "Workmanship". Hannah and roh brought this up too. There bring out a good point that God has created us for a reason, even before are birth. To fullfil God's will for us doing good things fo God. Like when we are going to street missions this saturday. That is serving our God. We are spreading out the word of God to other so we can bring them to the kingdom of heaven. So we need to show them why God has sent us here. We should use the Gift the Lord has given us, and spread it around. We need to show them who we are and why we are here. WE are christians and we are servants for out God. We follow his commandments and serve God.

Another thing i learned from this passage is verses 14-16

It says For he himself is our peace, who has made two one and has destroyed the barrier the dividing wakk of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two thus making peace, and in this one body through the cross by which he put to death there hostility.

So in this passage i didnt clearly understand what it meant. But i think God is telling us that we have peace in this world because of Jesus Christ. He sacrificed himself so he can bring peace to this world. Without Jesus Christ there is no peace in this world. Jesus has taken our old life and through it in the trash and made us a new life. He did this by his blood. Jesus did all this because he loves us so much. So we should be thankful for what he has done. In gving thanks im glad we are going on this street missions because it is showing our love to Christ.

AMEN..............................

Have a good day guys and may God be with you.....
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

DEVOTIONS Thursday !!!!!!! Empty Re: DEVOTIONS Thursday !!!!!!!

Post  JacobPk Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Good points Joe.

aha the week has been going so slow for me, but i got this sudden urge to like dance everywhere now.
Instead of doing a Bible verse today, i felt like doing a devo on a praise song. It's called "Heart of Worship"
The chorus goes"I'm coming back heart of worship." It's a sick song, but i would like to point one thing out. I sometimes question myself
what if we didn't have to come back to the heart of worship? and thats what we're all working on right? To always worship
and not let it be a in and out thing. SO instead of coming back to the heart of worship, i want us to never leave the heart of worship.
Instead, the exact opposite. I'm growing in my heart of worship. As you all know, a relationship can't be neutral. It either goes up or down.
So i want us to always be growing and never have to go back to the "coming back" stage, but aim for the"always grow" stage of your faith.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Suji Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Wassup

Esther 1
Okay so the first chapter describes King Xerxes- who ruled 127 provinces from India to Cush. He has this period where he shows how filfthy rich he is to nobles, princes and everybody else. He also holds a 7 day banquet after that where his eunuchs, wise men, princes and nobles may drink and have fun. Queen Vashti has the same banquet for the women in the royal palace. The king tells his eunuchs to bring his wife to the banquet so everyone may see how hot and sexy she is. She says no and he gets mad. (what an immature ass)
Okay so the king gets his wise men and asks them should he do anything about Queen Vashti and one says that Vashti (see that queen is taken from her name) should not be allowed in his presence.-for the women will follow her lead of refusing to abide by their husbands' commands
King Xerxes does so and states that the man is in charge of the household.

Okay we see in this chapter that King Xerxes is not the good guy here. He is a selfish man who boasts of all the materials he has and gets easily angry when his wife refuses to showcase herself infront of his men. More meaning will come in the next chapters.
Know it

later days
Suji
Suji
minion

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

DEVOTIONS Thursday !!!!!!! Empty Ramen with Yogurt EWWWW!!!

Post  Allan Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:36 pm

What is going on it's only the first week and so many tests, quizzes and projects!!!

I officially hate kanji, dang all the Korean kids in Japanese class are suffering and all the Chinese kids are just breezing it.
It's not letters it just looks like a man taking a dump on a crooked toilet. I swear one Chinese character (letter) looks like that!

Yum I just had ramen with yogurt and salami. Dang I swear I need to buy groceries.

2 Samuel 19

Don't we do this too. We seclude ourselves and keep quiet about something that has had a negative impact in our lives, and just close ourselves from others. You might be saying it's a Ok thing to do , because you are not getting people involved in your own "drama", but for those who care about you, you are just bringing misery to their hearts too. You might be hurting yes, but it doesn't mean you can hurt others who want to come to your aid.

Joab basically told David to suck it up and stop torturing himself. Basically a nice slap across the face. I understand David was depressed, but he was also in the process being selfish and greedy. David just forgot about everyone loathing around in his own misery.

I guess we will always have this kind of moment in our life and I think we are close enough to be like Joab and tell the hard truth when necessarily
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:59 pm

WE ARE ALL GIFTED.

1 Corinthians 12:4-6

There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.

We're all different. And this is evident in our praise team. Everyone has obvious musical roles, but I believe that everyone of you has spiritual roles as well. Can you think of that one person on the praise team that helps you do your devos or keeps you accountable for your actions? Can you think of that one person in the praise team that lifts up your spirit when you're down every time you come to practice on Friday? Can you think of that one person on the praise team that encourages you to worship? These people may not know that they are doing these for you. But without them, your experience, and our experience as the praise team would not be the same. All our gifts vary and without a team, they are used wholly.

No matter how different we may be, and no matter how we can't get along sometimes, remember that we are serving the same Lord and look for ways to serve together. Encourage one another and maybe take a minute to tell that person that you appreciate them!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 pm

i read proverbs again..random deovs are harder then given and specific ones

"One man pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

I don't think this is one of the tricky verses, like some of the others..but this actually means what it says. You don't have to be rich to be "rich". Our perspective of being "rich" is very distorted considering the capitalistic system we are under, it can and might include money, but it does not have to, you can be rich in so many other things like health, family, friends, something money cant buy. I'm certainly not one of those people that have a lot of money, but i am blessed in parts like family and friends, which in my opinion is better then money..due to the number of problems it leads to and these kinds of things money just simply is not equal to. Many people right now think that money is EVERYTHING, but i think it is everything the exact moment you make it everything..

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:38 pm

Jacob two two brings out a good point. It is always good to worship. We should continue worship everyday, even on your own when your home. Worship brings joy to you and this world. So member the 3 things. Be postive, work as a team, and Have fun and WORSHIP......
Also Rohs brings out a good point, that were all different. But God made us haveing the same spiritual roles. We all serving the same Lord. We all love each other and always will. It is always good to encourage other because that is being POSITIVE. Member to be postive.

GJ guys
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:45 pm

HEY! I am loving semester 2 Smile

I read Mark 6:1-6 (The Prophet Wtihout Honor)

IT was about the prophet that went against Jesus's teaching, he brought up irrelevant information to undermine is authority. I do that alot, if I dont like someone, I tend to bring up things that have nothing to do with them, just their faults. In the future i hope i will be able to change this habit.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:26 am

Hey guys, sorry for not doing my devos lately x.x

I read Proverbs 2 today, and it basically has every life lesson that my parents have been telling me my entire life
1. stay the heck away from evil people! They will influence you away from God's ways!
2. stay the heck away from immoral women! They will ruin your life!
3. stay with good men instead! They will influence you towards God, and lead you to a path of righteousness!

Also, the first part sounds a LOT like my Theory of Knowledge course
The whole premise of the course is to think critically: ALWAYS question things, ALWAYS have doubt, ALWAYS seek for answers
But, reading this Chapter made me realize it should be worded differently for myself: NEVER question God, NEVER have doubt, all knowledge worth having is in the Bible and God gives them to you.

Last thing I thought about was the message of Verse 12: "Wisdom will save you from evil people, from those whose words are twisted."
It says wisdom will save you FROM evil people... it doesn't say wisdom will save YOU evil people...
I thought evil people need saving, so the verse should be worded: Wisdom will HELP you SAVE evil people (which includes yourself!)
Sure we can stay away from them and lead a life without being influenced by evil, but we could also approach evil and try to turn it to good.

that's my devo guys! see you guys tmr!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:51 am

Proverbs15 "12 Mockers hate to be corrected, so they stay away from the wise"
Some Proverbs verses seem trivial, and some times down right simple. But for me, the more i read it, the more i can get from these simple verses. This one makes a lot of sense yet has depth to it.
Sorry for the late devos, had work and it was my sisters birthday dinner.

DECA tomorrow Very Happy

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down