Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion:)

+2
Cathy
Sean
6 posters

Go down

Discussion:) Empty Discussion:)

Post  Sean Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:58 am

So today we had discipleship at Sayahs house, and we talked about some really intresting things. One thing I wanted to discuss:) Let our yes be yes, our no be no, and the root of worrying. So Sayah brought up good points but just to repeat. In the world we live in today, no one trusts anyones word, for example did you do this, and if you answer yes, they will ask are you sure? I find that one of the dumbest questions..Are you sure? Thats so stupid, but the reason being for this is people just dont trust your word, so in order for us to gain theyre trust we may say yes i swear. Jesus makes a point let your yes be yes, and your no be no. How simple would our life be if our yes's meant yes and our no's meant no. We would not lie and it would just be simpler. For me I want to be able to this exactly since I find I have trouble telling the truth, in my daily live I want to live a life of integrity and mean what I say.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Discussion:) Empty Re: Discussion:)

Post  Cathy Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:01 pm

2 Corinthians 4:10-12
"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you."
Paul writes this in Corinthians and he really emphasizes the relationship between our body and Jesus'. As believers, we alwyas carry around the death of Jesus - because it is the salvation that is found through Jesus' death and resurrection that is the foundation of our faith. But by doing so, and having faith in this salvation message, we are given life. And we share that life with others that we encounter. He writes that he, as an apostle experiences death for Jesus' sake. And because many apostles are being killed and persecuted for Jesus,it reveals Jesus' eternal and immortal life. That through the mortal body that perishes for Jesus' sake, it reveals the strength of faith, and how it overcomes and continues to thrive even through physical death. But through the rest of us, life is at work. Sorry I suck at summarizing/explaining my thoughts so it sounded like a bit of a repetitive rant there
But basically this verse really strengthened my perception of the relationship between our bodies and Jesus'. It is through our lives that Jesus' life can be kept alive - even though persecutors killed Jesus physically, weshow them with our Christian walk that Jesus is immortal in spirit. That love is more powerful than death, and that faith is the source of life.
(hahah that sounds like a cheesy movie slogan) So yeah we have a pretty important job to do by really making sure that our lives do reveal life, and show Jesus through all that we do.
Smile
have a great saturday, folks.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:55 pm

Romans 1:12
"that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith."
I want us leaders and praise to ALLL Grow, not just individually, but together. I want us to affect each others lives and make important impacts amonst each other. TO learn to lead, to serve , anything and everything with each other. One reason i value our ministry is because we try to hunmble ourselves before others and through that the younger generation is able to grow, not by themselves but with us.
I'm pretty sure Roh doesn't lead without getting anything in return, i bet he learns things aswell, same thing for Pastor Sam. Therefore i want our faith to grow together and become great friends through CHrist!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 pm

hey guys! i did todays devo on Romans 12. It talks about how we should have a humble "measuring stick" and have an honest evaluation of ourselves. While reading this i felt that i get to cocky sometimes, or not open minded. But this chapter made me sit back and "evaluate" myself using Gods "measuring stick".

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Discussion:) Empty Personal Devo Hello

Post  Allan Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:48 am

I feel so ashamed, I Allan Park has officially read a man-a chak series for 6 hours straight...and I can not feel the back of my butt

Ephesians 5

Living in the light

"Imitate God", there for in everything you do, because you are his "dear" children. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ.

Personally I love this chapter. It's a great chapter to read to know where you are in your walk. It helps me see where i need to improve.
That we should learn from Jesus' actions. It's really cheers you up knowing that you are dear to God, and that he made it so that our goal is clear.
We should consider how we should behave everywhere we go. It's easy to slip up but, with trials come wisdom.

I thought this was cool it's u-chi-hea

Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:05 am

Sean wrote:So today we had discipleship at Sayahs house, and we talked about some really intresting things. One thing I wanted to discuss:) Let our yes be yes, our no be no, and the root of worrying. So Sayah brought up good points but just to repeat. In the world we live in today, no one trusts anyones word, for example did you do this, and if you answer yes, they will ask are you sure? I find that one of the dumbest questions..Are you sure? Thats so stupid, but the reason being for this is people just dont trust your word, so in order for us to gain theyre trust we may say yes i swear. Jesus makes a point let your yes be yes, and your no be no. How simple would our life be if our yes's meant yes and our no's meant no. We would not lie and it would just be simpler. For me I want to be able to this exactly since I find I have trouble telling the truth, in my daily live I want to live a life of integrity and mean what I say.

Ya.. I have trouble with lying, if God told me He would fix one thing in my life, I would ask Him to help me stop lying...
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:09 am

Allan wrote:I feel so ashamed, I Allan Park has officially read a man-a chak series for 6 hours straight...and I can not feel the back of my butt

Ephesians 5

Living in the light

"Imitate God", there for in everything you do, because you are his "dear" children. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ.

Personally I love this chapter. It's a great chapter to read to know where you are in your walk. It helps me see where i need to improve.
That we should learn from Jesus' actions. It's really cheers you up knowing that you are dear to God, and that he made it so that our goal is clear.
We should consider how we should behave everywhere we go. It's easy to slip up but, with trials come wisdom.

I thought this was cool it's u-chi-hea

Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth

Nice u-chi-hea (?) lol
Your devo today definitely ties in with the "always worship" motto of our praise team...
I learned I should be more aware of how I behave all the time
I'm not saying I'll be unrealistically goody-good-good and not be real to myself, but be good through being real to myself and God.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:10 am

isaac wrote:hey guys! i did todays devo on Romans 12. It talks about how we should have a humble "measuring stick" and have an honest evaluation of ourselves. While reading this i felt that i get to cocky sometimes, or not open minded. But this chapter made me sit back and "evaluate" myself using Gods "measuring stick".

E-Sek OUT!

Ya, i think this is the most repeated message in the bible, but the most important
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:16 am

JacobPk wrote:Romans 1:12
"that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith."
I want us leaders and praise to ALLL Grow, not just individually, but together. I want us to affect each others lives and make important impacts amonst each other. TO learn to lead, to serve , anything and everything with each other. One reason i value our ministry is because we try to hunmble ourselves before others and through that the younger generation is able to grow, not by themselves but with us.
I'm pretty sure Roh doesn't lead without getting anything in return, i bet he learns things aswell, same thing for Pastor Sam. Therefore i want our faith to grow together and become great friends through CHrist!

Jacob, your devo reminded of me this thing I heard in the drama "Da Mo" (it was sickkk drama about a girl who's like a ninja-ish person)
The guy in the drama said, "A path is made through the process of many people walking through it; at first it is a wild forest, but as more people continually walk through the path it becomes beaten and when enough people have walked through it, it becomes a path that is easy and available."
I sorta connected your devo and that message to derive that Faith is the same way...
It is a pathway to God, and it becomes more available and easier to cross when there are a lot of people who cross it with you and the people who have already crossed that path have also made it easier for everybody.
This is why it's important that we don't keep our faith to ourselves but encourage others to have faith as well.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:16 am

yo allan sick..... well done!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:23 am

Cathy wrote:2 Corinthians 4:10-12
"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you."
Paul writes this in Corinthians and he really emphasizes the relationship between our body and Jesus'. As believers, we alwyas carry around the death of Jesus - because it is the salvation that is found through Jesus' death and resurrection that is the foundation of our faith. But by doing so, and having faith in this salvation message, we are given life. And we share that life with others that we encounter. He writes that he, as an apostle experiences death for Jesus' sake. And because many apostles are being killed and persecuted for Jesus,it reveals Jesus' eternal and immortal life. That through the mortal body that perishes for Jesus' sake, it reveals the strength of faith, and how it overcomes and continues to thrive even through physical death. But through the rest of us, life is at work. Sorry I suck at summarizing/explaining my thoughts so it sounded like a bit of a repetitive rant there
But basically this verse really strengthened my perception of the relationship between our bodies and Jesus'. It is through our lives that Jesus' life can be kept alive - even though persecutors killed Jesus physically, weshow them with our Christian walk that Jesus is immortal in spirit. That love is more powerful than death, and that faith is the source of life.
(hahah that sounds like a cheesy movie slogan) So yeah we have a pretty important job to do by really making sure that our lives do reveal life, and show Jesus through all that we do.
Smile
have a great saturday, folks.

haha your devo reminds me of "I Am Legend."
I get what you're saying Cathy, when most people think of a great military leader, they think of Alexander the Great.
Therefore, when other great military leaders come, people relates that person to Alexander the Great and how that person carries on that name and alexander's legacy.
Also, if we think of a great basketball player, I bet we all think of Michael Jordan; then we look at Kobe, and we relate him to Michael Jordan.
Therefore, I think when we think of a great person, we can relate that person to Jesus or God.
So I think we can say that when we show great personality, we can reflect Jesus's qualities...
Something like that lol
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down