Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke Skywalker.

+7
Sean
Steven.Hong
dennis
fobsquads
Suji
Joseph
JacobPk
11 posters

Go down

Luke Skywalker. Empty Luke Skywalker.

Post  JacobPk Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:27 pm

Taking a break from studying at the library.

ahh, i really didn't get much from this chapter. It just seemed to be a narrative.
So i just want to point something out in general. When Peter could not realize it was Jesus who was walking among them it reminded me that sometimes i do that too. When God is right infront of me, i fail to realize that he's there waiting. I want to acknowledge God ALL the time, and through that i need to pray. Lets practice hard and for those of you who can come early, come on friday! See ya sooon
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke Skywalker. Empty Luke Skywalker.

Post  Joseph Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Ello everyone, hope everything is going out well for you guys.

In verse 17 it says What are you discussing together as you walk along? They stood still, their faces downcast. One of them named cleopas, asked "Are you only a visitor to Jerusalem and do not know the things that have happened there in these says?. In this passage, Cleopas and i think peter were the ones who didnt relize it was Jesus who was talking to them. They didnt believe when Jesus said that he will rise again from the dead. So they didnt relize it was Jesus. In this passage i learned that we should always know that Jesus is always right next to us. Just like what Jacob said, he said that God is right infront of him, i totaly agree on that. So in this passage God is telling us that we should always think about God. We should never let him out of are sight.

In this chapter the section (Jesus Appears to the disciples) talks about when the diciples relizes that Jesus rose from the dead. In verse 36 Jesus says "Peace be with you". I found this part familiar because on sunday service everytime before sam preeches, he would always say "Grace to you and Peace". He says this because we should be thankful for the peace God has given us and the grace in our minds. In this section at first when the eleven disiples saw Jesus, they did not believe it. They thought he was a Ghost. But in verse 37 Jesus says, Why are you troubled and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look and my hands and my feet. It is i myself! Thouch me and see, a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see i have.

In verse 45 Jesus says, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgivness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beggining at Jerusalem, You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from high. I found this passage most important. It is telling us the reason why Jesus came down to earth. So he can sacrifice himself ont he cross for our sins and repentance. Jesus is giving us this message because he loves us so much. He is willing to sacrifice with everything he has just for us. And also when he says that the christ will suffer, i think he is telling us that, we christians will also suffer differently but when we go into heaven the Lord will give us an amazing gift. So for this message, i think we should all make some sacrifices so we can give thanks to our God. That where would we be with out him. Are life will be pointless without Jesus. So lets all be thankful for everything he has done.

AMEN....

Good Job everyone we have finished the book of Luke...

have a good day guys..
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Luke Skywalker. Empty Re: Luke Skywalker.

Post  Suji Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:19 pm

This chapter was just the fulfillment of all the prophecies in the old testament and in the new. That was all I got from it.

Later Days
Suji
Suji
minion

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Luke Skywalker. Empty me devo

Post  fobsquads Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:27 pm

Hey Guys,
How you doing? I hope that your weeks have started out great today! It is Monday, the sun is shining people! Shining! I hope that you have a shining week as well! here is my devotions for today!
What I read: Luke 24
What I learned: well, in this passage, it was quite the long and thus had a lot of things to say, but in the just of what I had read, I was pondering on this concept: we see God, but refuse to see Him. It is a wonder how two of the disciples who was discipled by Jesus for three years could not recognize that Jesus was Jesus. They walk and talk with him for what seems like hours, and yet they do not conceive who He is. the commentary that I was looking through states that they were kept from recognizing who he was because of a divine intervention. I wondered why. Some of the reasons why I thought this may be, was because their interpretation of who Jesus was supposed to be, was not who He ended up being. They wanted a king to rule on earth, and Jesus came to be a servant. My thoughts are that they were unable to see Jesus, because they could not see Jesus for who He really was. Could there be the possibility that we too may have the same problem? We want to see Jesus for who we want Him to be like instead of seeing Jesus for who He really is. And because we see Jesus the way that we want to see Him, could it be that we have a hard time seeing Jesus?
What I am going to do: well, after pondering this for some time, I have come to the realization that I will never fully grasp who Jesus is, but I got to learn and be open to who He is, and not constrain Him to what I want Him to be like.

I also read: Job 24-25
What I learned: Job makes a point in all his suffering and all his pain he makes mention of the poor and he questions why the poor and their children suffer, did they do anything wrong to deserve their condition? Did they do something where they deserved to be in that position? And he says to himself, that he actually feels sorry for the poor because in their condition where they have not done anything wrong, they still suffer, and yet he suffers and again he had not done anything wrong as well. so in his response to his friends, he is questioning them as well by saying, does the law of retribution really work in this case as well? his friend responds in chapter 25, that he does not know the order in heaven and as well as if there is order on earth. He makes mention of the human depravity factor, that there might be some of that in the poor and that is why they are poor.
What I am going to do: I must say the more that I read Job, the more frustrated I get, not only is it written in poem form, but his friends are starting to annoy me, don’t they get it? And then I thought maybe I don’t get it in my own life as well. maybe I need some re-organizing of the things that I am stubborn over as well.
fobsquads
fobsquads
minion

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:08 pm

Look! 24.... aha..ha

v.38 "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."
When I read this verse, it came to my mind that we believe in God with less doubt at a comfortable stage in our lives, and we easily give thanks and all of the credit to God for our peaceful lives. Yet when something takes a wild turn in our days, we often find ourselves hopeless and faithless. I'm not sure if this verse goes in line with our faith, but I do think that Jesus, through this verse, was begging and confused as to why His own disciples were doubting.

During hard times, instead of losing faith and questioning God's existence in our lives, I hope that we can be more faithful, pray more, and trust that God will bring peace back into our hearts.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:31 pm

sorry forgot to send my devo before six

The last chapter has alot of things they talk about the first one was the resurrection
of Jesus. In this verse i like how it said only 11 disciples were there because Judas had
betrayed Jesus. I learned that we shouldnt be like that we should alway never betray Jesus and
so that Jesus could say 12 disciples instead of 11.

-Steven Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Hey guys! Hope your weeks have been good! I went to school today and no one was there, haha the announcements were "we have no announcements today, that is all" ha..ha...ha..lame. Anyways keep forgetting the 6 rule Mad have a great week of cuz of exams...Lucky, I have a music one tomorrow :S

It intresting when the angels say to the woman "Why do you look for the living among the dead" it sounds like theyre looking at the women stupidly for looking for Jesus at a grave, because he told them he would rise again, but they look for him where the dead lie? This means that they had no faith in Jesus, that they did not believe Jesus would rise, hard to believe though.

This next part is weird, how could they not recognize Jesus? If he was walking with them and talking to them, how can they not recognize him right away? Its like they didnt want to, or they didnt want to get there hopes high or something, they saw him die so they had no reason to look for him, but they disregardede that he would raise himself on the third day, another intresting point is that they knew it was the 3rd day, but they still werent looking for Jesus, that he would come to them, because he said he would...
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm so late!

Sorry guys. Holla, I took my Chinese friend to a Korea place today for lunch. Awesome. She thinks we're sick with our free baan-chan. So true.

Luke 24

From what I read of previous posts from today, I think I went along the same wave lengths as most of you on this one.
v.15 "As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them, but they were kept from recognizing him."

1. As Jacob mentioned, how often in my life do I fail to recognize that God is working in me, through the people I meet, the circumstances that I'm put in, etc. when He's right in front of me? It challenges me to be conscious and be all the more thankful for things, because I find it's so easy to get lost in the world and separate God as a specific, separate part of your life, when He should be part of every aspect of your life. So, I really want to make sure that in all I do, I'm conscious of God's presence and not be like these disciples that failed to see Him.

Kind of a tangent, but a relevant one, haha: Have any of you seen "Evan Almighty"? And at one point, they talk about how when we ask God for something, He doesn't just give it to you, like all of a sudden you have patience, etc. Rather, He gives you opportunities to gain the trait. And I think it's also when we don't recognize all these opportunities that we forget God working so directly in us.

2. QUESTION: It says that they were kept from recognizing him. I wonder what the "kept" means...if there are any other implications...does anyone have any ideas???
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:37 pm

we all look sick in that photo.. lol allan cathy and steven arent in it :p

i didnt get to much from the actual stories (mainly because its nothing new) but i was thinking about the actual process of him dying. We always hear bits and pieces but think about it... he lived, traveled, got persecuted, hurt, created a sick team, traveled some more, did some miracles, the got betrayed abused and pinned to a tree, came back and went to heaven.
Busy man. Some times i take it for granted what he did. Im mean really HE DIED. and we hear it a lot and to be honest i dont take it in as much as i would want to.

hmm and for hannah, we know WHY they were kept from recognizing him but i think cause he was so uber ninja they couldnt see him.

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Maybe Jesus shaved his 30 cm beard.
Sean nice picture. Hannah, nice picture ahaha.
ROh, this forum looks sick. GT for the win.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 am

Yo~
Guys, nice display pictures
New forum layout is sick
my bad for doing devo so late...
Suji's devo = GT petite.. haha jks jks

After reading this Chapter I began to think about the different reactions the people had.
Then I came up with a list of different types of people:
1. The people who finds out about something first will be very excited and tell others. These people will be moved the most because they know the authenticity of their findings.
Now the following are the reactions of the people who experience this "something" second-hand (they hear about it from the original witnesses)
1. Have some doubt and believe it half-assedly but won't bother to find out for themselves the truth behind the "something"
2. Have to find out and see for themselves in order to believe in the "something"
3. Don't believe in the "something" period
4. Naively believe everything that is said by the original witnesses about the "something"

I hope I would have the 4th reaction as a second-hand information... receiver?.. ya
But only in terms of faith
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 am

JacobPk wrote:Maybe Jesus shaved his 30 cm beard.

HAHAHAHA
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:43 am

JacobPk wrote:Maybe Jesus shaved his 30 cm beard.
Guess who put seans pic like that Wink
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:57 am

O well this completes our christian faith and the whole prophecy and story about Christ. The one thing is that the disciples did not believe at first and thought that they were looking at a ghost. They had to use all their 5 senses on him to make sure that he was not some other being, but the real risen Christ. I think that jesus asked the 2 because he wanted to know what kind of impression that he has left on the people and what kind of person he would consider to be to them. Everyone did not expect jesus to arise from the dead, but he clearly told everyone that he would. So i think that whatever Jesus says is law and it will happen when he says it, he is a man of his word.

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down