Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 22 Saturday 24,09

3 posters

Go down

Luke 22 Saturday 24,09 Empty Luke 22 Saturday 24,09

Post  Joseph Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Hey guys how are u all doing today…hope everything is working out good for you…anyways here is my devotion….

In this chapter it talks about when Jesus is about to be crucified.Jesus tells his disciples to make a preparation for them to eat the Passover. And while they are eating together, in verse 20-22 Jesus says, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. But this hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table. The son of man will go as it has been decreed, but woe to that man who betrays him. Jesus is telling his disciples that when Jesus is going to be crucified, one of his disciples is going to betray him. And in verse 34 Jesus says, “I tell you peter before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me.” In verse Jesus is having a conversation with Peter; Peter is going to deny three times that he has never met Jesus. So in verse 57-60, it talks about when Peter denies three times. When the women said that he saw this man sitting with peter, peter said to the women, I don’t know. Second time is when someone else saw him, but Peter denies Jesus again, and lastly is when about an hour later another asserted “Certainly this fellow was with him, for he is Galilean. Then Peter said to the man, “I don’t know what you’re talking about”. Then Jesus looks toward Peter and as peter looked at Jesus, peter remembered that Jesus told him that he will deny Jesus three times before the rooster crows. Overall I found this passage really important. Because in this passage God is telling us that we should always listen what Jesus is telling us. Some times when Jesus is calling us, we might not realize it. Jesus is telling us that we should follow Jesus because he will lead us to the right path.

AMEN…………………

Have a good day guys and cya tomorrow…………..
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Luke 22 Saturday 24,09 Empty Re: Luke 22 Saturday 24,09

Post  Michael Ha Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:20 am

Hey guys~

I learned from Verse 36 "But now, take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!"
I think what this Verse is saying is that since Jesus isn't physically with us, it is necessary for us to have elements from this world to help defend ourselves from it. We need to elongate our lives with the help of God, so that we might enrich other people's lives within the longest span of time possible.
I think money is a metaphor for influence...
Traveler's bag a metaphor for necessities for living...
and sword for wisdom and knowledge of the Scripture, so that we may combat non-believers with it and obviously try to convert them.
See you guys later~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:59 am

Today, I don't have a specific verse to point out, but a section of the chapter- the last supper. In one verse, Jesus says, "Do this in remembrance of me." When I read this verse, I thought to myself, 'Of course these disciples will forever respect Jesus and remember Him. Why would Jesus emphasize the fact that the disciples should remember Him?' Though it may not be true, I think everyone forgets things when time passes. When the 9/11 terrorist attack happened, I remember a teacher at our school telling us that the story will, with time, take up only a little rectangle in the back page of the newspaper. When someone dies, with time, we move on with our lives and remember them occasionally.

For Jesus, I don't think He wanted to be forgotten. In fact, He wanted His disciples to live, after he had passed away, just as Jesus was with them, healing the sick and blessing the lonely. In our terms, God doesn't want a relationship that is "occasional", but an intimate relationship which makes us think of and grow with God in every moment of our lives.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down