Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumdiddliydum For Dec 21.

2 posters

Go down

Dumdiddliydum For Dec 21. Empty Dumdiddliydum For Dec 21.

Post  JacobPk Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:38 pm

I chose another set of devotions for yesterday, but was so tired, so i didn't post it.
I chose a pretty short one, and the passage itself is pretty clear and obvious, but ther'es more meaning to it... i think.

Proverbs 12 verse 17
"A truthful witness gives honest testimony, but a false witness tells lies."

Pretty obvious right? But i want to point out that a truthful witness DOES give a honest testimony and a false witness DOES tell lies. The underlying meaning, which i found ot be very interesting is that a person's character can be determined by their actions. We all know that phrase"Actions speak louder than words" and we ddiscussed it in disciplship aswell. We need to understand that actions DO matter to us because we as leaders need to set an example to the congregation. We can't be going off leading praise in the morning and the next day having sex, and doing drugs (just an exxageration). Becuase first of all, it's disobeying God, and second we're leading others to do the same. If we are the leaders, people will look up to us in a way right? So when we serve , people will serve, but lets no forget, if we do DISOBEDIENT things of God, people WILL follow. Not everything is positive, there are also downhill effects.

We've been really slakcing in our devos! Lets get to it guys, although a new slot hasn't been put yet and we don't realy know what book we're suppose to do next, lets just keep going. We shouldn't stop!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Dumdiddliydum For Dec 21. Empty Re: Dumdiddliydum For Dec 21.

Post  Isaac Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:44 am

sick tings jacob, but ur right, we have been all slacking in our devos.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum