Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHOOSE-YOUR-OWN-ADVENTURE

Go down

CHOOSE-YOUR-OWN-ADVENTURE Empty CHOOSE-YOUR-OWN-ADVENTURE

Post  hannahlee Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:31 am

Uhm, just thought I'd share the grand news, but officially as of today, Hannah finishes school everyday at 11:09 am for the rest of 1st semester! Smile But no worries, she'll be locking herself up in a practice room on a daily basis and not let herself rot away from too much free time. Hahaha.

Anyways, for today's devo, I really really really wanted to try throwing my bible on the bed and reading whatever it opened up to. But whatever reason, my bible has a REALLY hard time doing that. So it went through such abuse and toil today. Poor thing. Good thing a bed is..soft. Hahaha. Finally I got it to open up, after I kind of flung it skillfully in the air, to a chapter I realized I'd marked up before, which had me even happier because I like being reminded of good verses that have meant something to me before.

My passage of the day comes from: Ephesians 1:11

In this book, it's Paul the apostle writing letters again, this time to the saints in Ephesus.
The first chapter talks about Spiritual Blessings in Christ and Thanksgiving and Prayer and there's a couple of verses that I really enjoy. For me, as I'm sure is the case with many others, the idea of purpose and the meaning of one's life has always been a big thing - especially this semester where I'm talking about existentialism on a daily basis in one of my classes, and it really challenges you to think. To consciously make agreements with yourself about what you envision for this short life of yours, what you'd hope to achieve and contribute, etc. And particularly in my year, you have all these kids around you that are applying to post-secondary institutions and some are taking that as a sign to start figuring out every detail about what they want to do for the rest of their lives! While I haven't let this anxiety around me phase me TOO much (it's admittedly getting to me for the first time, this year), there's a couple verses from this chapter that offer me comfort like no other, that reminds me and ensures me that my purpose is already made in God. And it helps me realize that I was never destined to make and map out my life's purpose on my own, because God had figured it out before I was even conceived and wants to be a part of that process.

11In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.

There's a couple bits that really stick out to me: predestined, according to the plan of him, conformity with the purpose of his will.
All that I am and become on this earth, He's already planned it out since the beginnings of creation. And not only that, but He's ensured that no matter what our purpose and vision on earth comes to be, He's made it so that we're all a part of something greater, we've all been carefully orchestrated to play a role that plays in tune with the purpose of His will, so that ultimately, we can fulfill His purpose for creation and live for the praise of His glory. I don't know, there's a certain profundity about it all. There's a comfort I get from knowing that I don't need to worry because I have a Father who's already planned what I'm to do before the dawn of time, there's a joy in knowing that I get to be a part of something great and knowing that He'll use me in awesome ways, and there's a lot of relief in recognizing that since He's the only one that can reveal to me my purpose on this earth, it's never for a second something I have to tackle on my own.

So I'm not going to be so bold as to say that simply because of this verse, I'm never going to have any more apprehensions about what I should do with my life, but the hope is that I can try to remember this on the regular and turn to God more in the face of existential meltdowns. Hahaha.

Have happy Fridays!!!
Excited to see y'all tomorrow Smile

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down