Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sitting, wishing, waiting... for a miracle

3 posters

Go down

Sitting, wishing, waiting... for a miracle Empty Sitting, wishing, waiting... for a miracle

Post  Michael Ha Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:22 am

From this Chapter I remembered Sam's thing about "authenticity"
Jacob sends Esau all these gifts and sweet words ("servant Jacob") in order to attempt to pacify Esau's anger, or, at the very least, alleviate it a little. He did this ultimately so that Esau will not kill him; so he sent the gifts to preserve his own life. These gifts weren't sent to mend the broken brotherhoood between the two men, but so that Jacob could live; these gifts had like hardly any meaning. It was like: "Since I'm giving you all these nice things, just let me live bro, bro, know wha I mean, bro? =] props.. ye.. that's right.. ye.."
Yep, that's it...
TTYL
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Sitting, wishing, waiting... for a miracle Empty Re: Sitting, wishing, waiting... for a miracle

Post  Cathy Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:40 am

YO HOMES
wow im really tired, but i had a great weekend thanks to all of you lovely bunches of oats Smile
haha so here we go, genesis 32!
So this is pretty sick, Jacob wrestles with a man, and it turns out to be God? I dont' really understand it, but I feel like it's really importnat so if anyone has a better idea of what this means, please do share cuase im confsued.
So Jacob is wrestling and he wins God, which is weird cuase God can crush him and smite him like an ant if he wanted to. Jacob asks for a blessing from God, and God renames Jacob 'ISRAEL'. he justisfies this: V28 Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."
So I guess Jacob is being rewarded for overcoming men and God? But that's weird cause i don't know. God can't be overcome and God shouldn't be overcome? Or does he mean that he struggled with God and with men and have overcome men to be with God? But that doesnt make sense becuase it says clearly that Jacob won God.
And we all know that God let him win, just like my brother let me win when we played monopoly becuase I always cried and then he'd get in trouble. Hahha Good times.
I guess God was testing his strength and his ability to perservere. God was giving him a test of his character, to see how longhe would hold out, how hard he would try to win and overcome. And maybe this is what he means by overcome. Not overcome God, but overcome the challenge and the test that God set out for them.
Yeah. that makes more sense
I guess in a way we're all kind of wrestling with God. Not fighting directly against him, but fighting the challenges and tests and struggles he throws at our way. Becuase scripture says that he does that, not because he thinks its funny to watch us struggle, but to help build our character.
I think we need to be able to identify what it is we're wrestling, and seek help from God and ask for the strength and perserverance to overcome.
Smile
Have a great week, homeboys

ps. youtube is really distracting
BOYS FROM SWEDEN THEY SING IN GERMAN
DOTA DOTA
if you can tell, i was listening to basshunter all day
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Sitting, wishing, waiting... for a miracle Empty Re: Sitting, wishing, waiting... for a miracle

Post  JacobPk Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:46 am

Hey guys, that retreat was awesome wasn't it ahaha. tons of tests though. ahh
so i got the chance to go to Moosedeer! Pretty Sick visitations, and awesome service! I'll tell you guys later about the stuff that happened in detail. And Denise, i did get to see Sadie, although i'll tell you more about that. Cathy, Bethann wasn't home,, argh, but everyone else was doing really welll. i caught a cold aha.

I'm really tired though due to lack of sleep, so i'll post up my devo tomorrow when my head is a bit more clearer! Goodnight!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:37 pm

Alrighty..

Jacob mus be pretty scared at that fact that God told him to go back to Esau. Hmmm, i really didn't get much from this chapter, but this story leads up to something called Mercy. Our God is a merciful God, and he ALWAYS gives a cahnce to be forgiven. Knwoing this, i have so much peace in my life, cause God is with me. Other religions, have to work hard just to staisfy their God, but OUR God only wants to be relational with us. Knwing this, i want to serve him THAT much more.!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down