Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday March 16, 2014

Go down

Sunday March 16, 2014  Empty Sunday March 16, 2014

Post  julie.ro Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Today's passage: John 6:25-35

Excerpt from today's passage:
35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

People asked Jesus how to acquire the bread and the water of life that Jesus was speaking about, and he replied with, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." The thing is, the people were asking about food as a physical thing, but Jesus was referring to fulfillment, especially spiritual fulfillment. Jesus is the bread of life, and if we are able to find our identity in Him then we will be "full".

On the other hand, if we "work for food that spoils"- or in other words, try to find fulfillment in other things, it will only be fulfilling temporarily. Sure, sins are wickedly fun and tempting, but it's not fulfilling and will leave us feeling empty in the end. That being said, we must not look at the "now"; we should look for fulfillment in terms of the long run a.k.a. eternity. Looking at things from things in the eternal perspective, is what your identity set in now, be fulfilling in the long run?

Remember, only God can truly fulfill us and our lives.
julie.ro
julie.ro
minion

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-09-06

Back to top Go down