Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday

4 posters

Go down

Friday Empty Friday

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:25 am

Love Is a Habit

If you only love on and off like a light switch, you do not love others like God wants you to love. Jesus said, "If you only love those who love you what credit is that to you?" (Luke 6:32 NIV)

His point is this: all of us can love those who love us back. Becoming a master lover means you learn to love the unlovable. It's when you love people who don't love you, when you love people who irritate you, when you love people who stab you in the back or gossip about you.

This may seem like an impossible task and it is - that's why we need God's love in us, so we can then love others: "We know and rely on the love God has for us." (1 John 4:16 NIV)

When you realize how much God loves you - with an extravagant, irresistible, unconditional love - then his love will change your entire focus on life. If we don't receive God's love for us, we'll have a hard time loving other people. I'm talking about loving the unlovely, loving the difficult, loving the irritable, loving people who are different or demanding.

You can't do that until you have God's love coming through you. You need to know God's love so it can overflow out of your life into others.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Friday Empty Re: Friday

Post  Daniel Kim Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:22 am

It's really easy to love those who love us already. But loving those who we despise? Not as easy. In fact, it is really difficult. But God wants us to love those people also, not just those who already love us. What reward will we get if we just love those who love us? Anyone can do that. But in order to love those who we hate, we must understand and have God's love in us. We need his love so that it can enter other people's hearts, even the enemy. So, we should love both our friends and enemies, so we can become a true lover like God.

Daniel Kim
minion

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jess Kim Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:56 am

Yeahh I'm guilty of on and off loving... When I'm in a good mood I'm pooping out butterflies and rainbows but when I'm in a bad mood I am a female hulk. I need to be consistent with my love because I can end up hurting people if I just love on and off.

Jess Kim
minion

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:12 am

I find it funny how they explain love in ranks. (For example: master lover)....heheehehe
I've mentioned a lot of thisin my past devos; i feel that today's devo was more of a summar of this entire week. But here's one thought that I though a lot about today:
Unconditional love.
No matter what the circumstance is, God will be our loving father. As I've mentioned before, show others that love and mercy which God has shown you.
And when they say love everyone, love EVERYONE. Do not pick and choose who to love and ignore. Loving everyone is a habit that we must build by just opening up yourself to people. It may at first be out of your comfort zone but you'll adjust. Introducing yourself to new and healthier way of living will open up many unexpected doors.

This week had a lot of stuff going on. I'm just glad that the week ended on a good Friday. Very Happy
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down