Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MONDAY..!!!

5 posters

Go down

MONDAY..!!! Empty MONDAY..!!!

Post  JacobPk Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:40 pm

A start of a new week tomorrow!
ahhh, so sad i couldn't join you guys, i felt SO lonely..
but Hannah called, how nice and i got a chance to talk to Denise although there were some awkward silences. oh well
Lets GT this retreat coming up ;]

Ok i actually didn't get much fomr this chapter. Like father like son, Isaac pretty much did everything his father did, and the exact events came into play.
Although, writing that just now, a bigger picture popped into my head. Sam always talked about generations and how our parents gain traits of our grandparents and how we gain traits from our parents. Sam discussed that the same struggles that our parents had, we have them too, and for the generations to come, they will struggle with the same things as we are struggling with right now. I think, although we ARE a family, we aren't keen to sharing that much about ourselves and our struggles. The only way i believe we can overcome these struggles is through sharing and helping each other out.God uses us, each family member, to encourage and support the ones who are struggling, thats how God works. This means we need to have some more bonding time don't ya think? aha.
although it's a whole bunch of cheese, i personally feel that it would be... the best thing to do, because only benefits come out of it!

Anyway i hope you guys have a awesome MONday Smile Ciao!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

MONDAY..!!! Empty Re: MONDAY..!!!

Post  hannahlee Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:14 am

HOLLA.

We missed you Yacob! But we'll have more 'familial chow time' sometime, haha.

GENESIS 26

Very similar thoughts as Mountain were running through my head as I read today's chapter. Isaac makes the same mistake that his father Abraham did in Genesis 20, with the SAME King, too. Hahaha, poor Abimelech. So thoughts of what Sam says about traits being passed down the family certainly occurred to my head. But this time around, it also occurred to me that it's a little strange that both Abraham and Isaac were fearless when it came to leaving comfortable lands, venturing out into the unknowns, fighting armies when the odds of winning were slim to none, etc. And yet, they found fear enough in this relatively smaller situation to lie their ways out of it..Perhaps they thought that God couldn't be 'bothered' with such a "small" problem, and it reminded me of how we do that sometimes. We think that our predicament isn't "worthy" enough of asking God for help so we try to navigate through it by our own means. But the fact of the matter is that God is always wanting to listen to what we have to say. He wants us to bring every bit of our lives, apprehensions, etc. before Him, and absolutely nothing is too small or too big for Him to hear. So this week, I'm going to challenge myself to bring every little thing before God in prayer...

HAPPY MONDAYS.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:33 am

Hello... i just took a power nap instead of studying for my world religion test.... oh well...

I want to point out a part of the chapter where Isaac digs 3 wells because of dispute but in the end found water. When he was arguing with the people, they dont say for how long but it must of been pretty intense but he chose to walk away and make another well, but then again he got into a dispute so he made a THIRD well that in the end had water.
So for our petty arguments, we should just let them go you know? yea you know.

i gotta go now and continue my sleep....
see you all friday!
E-Sak (they called the well Esek :p) OUT!
p.s i just wrote in the Genesis 27 section. Disregard it.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Jacob, we definitely suck at phone conversations.. awkward much??
It's okk.

Genesis 26

I found that there were two different groups of people described in this chapter- the herdsmen of Gerar and Abimelech's people. The herdsmen of Gerar saw that Isaac was being blessed by God, and took an advantage of that by arguing with Isaac's servants that the fresh water was theirs. However, Abimelech's people realized that they had made a mistake by driving Isaac out of their land because Isaac was becoming too powerful. So, Abimelech returned to Isaac and made a peace treaty with him.

After seeing these two groups of people, I wondered in which group I fit, and in which group I want to fit. Sometimes, I do find myself being envious of other people, and failing to encourage or be happy for them. I definitely want to be like Abimelech who can see his mistakes and fix them.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Hey guys~~
I actually interpreted the quarrels differently, I think it was just the herdsmen of Gerar being gay towards Isaac and saying that the well was theirs. Isaac probably didn't argue back or anything, because it just says "they dug another well" and not Isaac lost the argument so he had to go find another well.
I learned from this (my interpretation of this) that if there is a rise in the source of opposition because of something you did, you should regard it as some sort of an omen and try to do things differently, or take your business somewhere else entirely. Never involve yourself in quarrel with people, because quarrels only lead to bad feelings. Also, the herdsmen eventually came to Isaac to make a peace treaty with him. If Isaac had treated them badly because they decided to cry over the well Isaac had dug up (2 of them!) the treaty would have never been made.
So ya... I learned to just do things right, and make sure no quarrels are caused by my actions.
Smell ya laterz, alligatorz
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down