Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PA days rock my socks

5 posters

Go down

PA days rock my socks Empty PA days rock my socks

Post  Isaac Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:48 pm

hey guys, i figure i would do my devo before practice so i wouldnt have to stay awake tonight to do it.

Sometime that stood out to me was when the guy said to Abraham's servant "Come, you who are blessed by the LORD," he said. "Why are you standing out here? I have prepared the house and a place for the camels."
Thats just a nice thing to do... like i read it and i was thinking to myself, why would someone let this random guy into his house? but its something we should admire.

Another thing is the concept of "God will provide" that we talked about earlier. God provided a miraculous sign to the servant in the form of Rebekah. She got a nose ring, thats sickkkkk.

I wonder why at the end, Isaac was comforted about his mothers death? any ideas?

ciao all tonight! im pumped...
E-Sak OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

PA days rock my socks Empty Re: PA days rock my socks

Post  hannahlee Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:12 am

I'm so full. I had 4 cookies tonight. Then I came home and had some tang-soo-yook. Mmmm...

GENESIS 24

As E-Sak mentioned, this passage re-emphasized the idea that God will provide, over and over again. It was undoubtedly a miraculous happening that God answered the servant's prayers the way that He did. I think a great part of this also had to do with the steadfast faith that the servant demonstrated. To have asked for such a specific sign from God to indicate the right girl, with the whole watering the camels, etc. bit, you're led to understand that the servant truly believed in God's capacity to grant such an unmistakable, exact sign. I'm not sure how many others would make a prayer like that to God and really believe that God would answer the way you've asked, you know? So I'm challenged by him to have faith in what I pray for and BELIEVE in the power of God. "Have faith like a mustard seed". I mean, essentially it's a waste of your breath to pray when you don't believe that God is listening and that He can answer your calls..

Secondly, I like the way that the family of Rebekah respond:
50 Laban and Bethuel answered, "This is from the LORD; we can say nothing to you one way or the other. 51 Here is Rebekah; take her and go, and let her become the wife of your master's son, as the LORD has directed."
They don't for a second try to fight God's will. This put things into perspective for me, because so often we talk about our individual callings from God and our abilities to answer to Him confidently. But this sparked my examination of my ability to let go when God is calling on those that are close to me. Would I try to fight God's will because His vision for those I love might hurt me? As an example, I certainly had my apprehensions when God called my brother Joe to do missions in Thailand and it admittedly took a looong while for me to learn to put my trust in God with His plans for Joe, because I love him and care for him so much, you know? But I've since come to accept whatever God's visions for him are because He knows muuuch better than I ever will, and also because I know that there is no life as full of love and greatness as that which follows God's guidance and plans for us. Anyways, I challenge us all to consider how we will submit in the face of an 'uncomfortable' calling from God in the life of someone that is near to us...will we still put our whole trust in Him, on their behalf?

Happy Saturdays.
I have a choir gala that eats up my night.
But apparently the guest singer's a hot old man. YES! My faves.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:35 am

GOOD pho Smile
aha and thanks for the ride Allan!

hmm i'm pretty tired and i'm brain farting everywhere! SO i know i won't get anything out of this devo tonight, but i'll re-read it tomorrow and post it up tomorrow.

Let us meet tomorrow some of us Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:45 am

Camels drink over50 gallonsnof water. That's almost 1850 liters of water. Assuming she had a 4 litre tub, she would have had to pull waterbout of the well way over 400 times
Just some food for thought
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

PA days rock my socks Empty OK!!

Post  JacobPk Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:49 pm

So my mind is a bit more cleared up so yah.

So Pretty much Isaac gets a WIFE (nooo.. ;] ok gay)
and i didn't really seem to get much out of this passsage. It seems as though the old testament is more abotu stories, but i know that there points where it can be more in depth than the new testament, depending on how we interpret it.
So the only thing i got from this passage is Initiative. Rebekah was a forceful woman who instantly wanted to leave home and step in first.
Now this is hardly has any relevance to the story, but the word initiative is something Roh talked about on Friday.
We need to lead, in order for others to follow right?
So,,, It reminded me of VBS, We leaders had to step in first and go whack and everybody else foloowed. In the same way We need to be just as MORE enthousiastic, Energized bunny and WILLING!
So... Lets ROCK IT.
NOT FOR US
NOR FOR THEM
BUT FOR GOD, and through US people can worship to HIM.

ya ya.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Hey, sorry for doing this devo so late guys >_>

I learned from this Chapter that if you're going to help somebody out, do it wholeheartedly and never half-ass-edly.. ya..
This could also apply to commitment I guess, if you commit to something, give it your all; since you're already committed to doing it, if you just give it a half-assed effort, you shouldn't have even committed to it at all.
Wow, this surprisingly coincides with what Roh talked about on Friday a lot... Coincidence? NEVER A COINCIDENCE!
Anyways, that's it for mehhh
G'night y'all
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Sorry for the late devo dudes & dudettes...

This passage definitely gave me confidence in that I will someday meet my husband, whom God has planned for me. Not only was I amazed by how accurate God's plan is, but also how faithful His children were in making God's plan come true. The servant, Laban, and Bethuel didn't hesitate to do as God wanted.

I don't think that this merely applies to "marriage", but in everything that we do in our lives. God has specifically designed each of our lives, and it's up to us to depend on Him and be devoted.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down