Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building Margin into Your Life - July 29, 2013

2 posters

Go down

Building Margin into Your Life - July 29, 2013 Empty Building Margin into Your Life - July 29, 2013

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Job 3:26
26 I have no peace, no quietness. I have no rest; only trouble comes.”

A lot of people are on overload and headed for a crash. We sleep less and work more than ever before. We're a piled-on, stretched-to-the limit society - chronically rushed, chronically late, chronically exhausted. Many of us feel like Job did when he said, "I have no peace! I have no quiet! I have no rest! And trouble keeps coming." (Job 3:26 GWT)

Overload comes when we have too much activity in our lives, too much change, too many choices, too much work, too much debt, and too much media exposure.

Author and medical doctor Richard Swenson says, "The conditions of modern day living devour margin. If you're homeless, we direct you to a shelter. If you're penniless, we offer you food stamps. If you're breathless, we connect you to oxygen."

"But if you're marginless, we give you one more thing to do. Marginless is being thirty minutes late to the doctor's office because you were twenty minutes late getting out of the hairdresser because you were ten minutes late dropping the children off at school because the car ran out of gas two blocks from a gas station, and you forgot your purse. That's marginless."

You need margin in your life. When you're not hurrying and worrying all the time, you have time to think. Time to relax. Time to enjoy life. Time to be still and know that God is God.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Building Margin into Your Life - July 29, 2013 Empty Re: Building Margin into Your Life - July 29, 2013

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:27 am

The main point is to not overdo yourself. There are so many things in this world which will keep us busy. That's where we need to set our priorities straight.
Do not tire yourself out so much but that doesn't mean that you should be too layed back. Just be able to have some time set aside for your friends, family and God.
Make sure to spend time with everyone and not isolate yourself from others. Have that good relationship between you and God. Cramming your whole life wont be healthy. Eventually you won't be able to keep up and completely fall apart.
Know what's more important and get rid of old habits and other things that may take up your precious time.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down