Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 26

4 posters

Go down

Feb 26 Empty Feb 26

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:46 am

Ephesians 2:10
10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

1 Corinthians 12:7
7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.

God has a unique role for you to play in his family.

This is your ministry, and God has gifted you for this assignment: "A spiritual gift is given to each of us as a means of helping the entire church." (1 Corinthians 12:7 NLT)

Your local fellowship is the place God designed for you to discover, develop, and use your gifts. You may also have a wider ministry, but that is in addition to your service in a local body. Jesus has not promised to build your ministry; he has promised to build his church.

We are not just to model God's love by loving each other; we are to carry it together to the rest of the world. This is an incredible privilege we have been given together.

You will share in Christ's mission in the world. When Jesus walked the earth, God worked through the physical body of Christ; today he uses his spiritual body. The church is God's instrument on earth.

As members of Christ's body, we are his hands, his feet, his eyes, and his heart. He works through us in the world. We each have a contribution to make.

Paul tells us, "He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing." (Ephesians 2:10 MSG)
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Feb 26 Empty Re: Feb 26

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 am

1 Corinthians 12:7
7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other

We are each unique and we each have some kind of talent which we can use to help eaech other out.
So for example, we are all musically talented so we are using it to praise God and lead others to praise God as well.
It is true that we should love one and another, but we should also help others with whatever gift we have recieved from God

Thats what i got gnite
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:51 am

I think this verse focuses on telling us to GROW ourselves when in this relationship.

For me, I've been really fixated on the relationship between others and I, rather than focusing on my own growth at all within the congregation.
I don't know about you guys, but I can only hope to think that you guys can have a slight idea what I'm talking about.

And basically, I really think when being a Christian, it's hard to remember to care for yourself.

Really that's the only IMPORTANT thing that -I- took from this devo.

Take care of ourselves and make sure WE'RE growing.
Don't get too caught up with others.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:39 am

We are all part of one body, we work together in order to function.
God has provided all of us with different wonderful gifts.
With these gifts we can choose how to use it. He has provided now we must use it.
When a group functions, it only works out because each individual takes part in their purpose. I know my wording was a bit funny there.....We are all made with different abilities but all to serve one purpose.
I've heard this example once from someone:
If a foot wanted to become the hand, you would not walk another step forward.
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum